How are you liking GTA V?

Jack Joe Tip Toe

Jul 19, 2010
If you have GTA V tell me, how has your time been?

I have no words to express how I feel. This game is fucking incredible. The driving is good. The characters are great. The city is amazing. Everything I didn't like about GTA IV is fixed here. And then some. You thought GTA IV was boring? This one is fun. Thought IV was too serious? This one is more humorous. I recommend this game to everyone who is a fan of open world games. This will bring your faith back into the GTA franchise.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
Agreed. 100% agreed. I can't believe how fucking awesome it is. It has the same feel to it as Sleeping Dogs, with the city feeling alive (conversations going on, car noises in the background, the thump of helicopters overhead etc). But it's about 1000 times more ambitious than Sleeping Dogs.

Calling it now it's my Game of the Year.

Also the Radio Stations are fucking great.

Jack Joe Tip Toe

Jul 19, 2010
ShinyCharizard said:
Agreed. 100% agreed. I can't believe how fucking awesome it is. It has the same feel to it as Sleeping Dogs, with the city feeling alive (conversations going on, car noises in the background, the thump of helicopters overhead etc). But it's about 1000 times more ambitious than Sleeping Dogs.

Calling it now it's my Game of the Year.

Also the Radio Stations are fucking great.
Me too. I can't even think of a complaint for it. The only other game I've played this year that I've liked this much is The Last of Us.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
I'm loving it so far. The driving is fine after about 5 minutes, the flying is fine and the sheer amount of stuff you can do is jaw-dropping. I've played 4 hours and I haven't even got to the first robbery yet. I also love how Rockstar really isn't shying away from making fun off ANY topic of the modern-age, from feminism, far-right, far-left and much much more. Maybe it's because it's fucking GTA and everyone and their mum is going to have a copy, but I really feel like Rockstar made what they wanted to make with this one, and I really didn't get that feeling from IV.

Jack Joe Tip Toe

Jul 19, 2010
ToastiestZombie said:
I'm loving it so far. The driving is fine after about 5 minutes, the flying is fine and the sheer amount of stuff you can do is jaw-dropping. I've played 4 hours and I haven't even got to the first robbery yet. I also love how Rockstar really isn't shying away from making fun off ANY topic of the modern-age, from feminism, far-right, far-left and much much more. Maybe it's because it's fucking GTA and everyone and their mum is going to have a copy, but I really feel like Rockstar made what they wanted to make with this one, and I really didn't get that feeling from IV.
The humor is much better than what 4 had. Well what little humor 4 had. And it shoots on everything. EVERYTHING.

Elemental

Apr 4, 2009
Game is pretty much fantastic, I love Trevor so much every time he's on screen I die of laughter
I disliked IV a lot, this is such an improvement I'm enjoying every minute of it.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
The graphics are incredible for Xbox 360 as well. I can't believe just how far they pushed these consoles. I hope there is a PC version at some point because it will look amazing

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
I'm liking it a lot. It's not gaming perfection but it's pretty damn great. The general emergent behaviour from randomly happening events is brilliant - best I've ever seen.

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
I have loved the bits I have been able to play, I guess the only "complaint" is that I have to wait for my daughter to be in bed or somewhere else before I play again, her vocabulary doesn't need to be expanded that much, lol.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Remember when San Andreas came out and it blew our collective minds with how much of an improvement it was? And then remember when Grand Theft Auto IV came out and it was a technical marvel, and it blew our minds again?

This is like the best of both worlds combined and then multiplied by a hundred. I am absolutely ready to say this is the greatest GTA game ever made.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
The game is astonishing. A much needed improvement over the dull and plain GTA IV.

The graphics are some of the best I've seen this gen. (PS3 version) The way the sun peaks out from in-between the buildings as it's rising and how it makes the lens gleam is just gorgeous. The water is beautiful, too. And the characters. And everything else. The game is so meticulously detailed, it's insane. Sure, there's a helluva lot of pop in, and the draw distance is decent at best, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the game is still so good looking.

The missions are really gripping so far. The intro when you were robbing the bank was pretty meh, but after that, oh man. That race with Lamar to the dealership was so gripping. I didn't even care that I lost, seeing the world for the first time was awesome. Even more awesome since I got a kick-ass sports car to be my first driving experience. And rescuing Jimmy while you're speeding down the highways was just...AMAZING. And I'll admit, Jimmy trying to talk black around Franklin is both cringe-worthy and hilarious. And this is only in the first four hours and I haven't even gotten to Trevor yet.

I've been spending about three hours fucking around, just exploring and doing things that entertain me, like tackling citizens on the sidewalk by jumping onto them, running into traffic, jumping off of large rock structures, playing tennis, training at the gun range, driving top speeds and bailing last second to send me off a ledge or something, going to the club, etc. etc.

I haven't had a dull moment yet. There's so much stuff to do and plenty of time to do them. Such a massive world, full of character, and I can't wait to hop back in once my PS3 stops making a weird noise. (Playing almost eight hours straight makes the fans make a weird noise, so I'm trying to cool it down. >->)

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
It's basically GTA 4 with better graphics, a less depressing story ("I am Niko Bellic, did I ever tell you about the line of dead children I once saw?") and more stuff to do.

The only reason someone wouldn't like this game would be if they didn't like Grand Theft Auto games.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
It's pretty damn wonderful!

The biggest noticable difference being that Los Santos feels inviting compared to the dreary slump of Liberty City. It's actually the first Rockstar game since Bully that I really enjoyed.

It still has the rather annoying shooting mechanics when you're in a car, and evading cops when you have a wanted level is just as aggravating as it's always been. Other than that there's not much to complain.

The wave mechanics of the ocean look fantastic, the tennis mini-game is surprisingly fun, and the switching between characters outside of missions is refreshing and a good way to reset if you happen to have strayed too far from civilization.

And then ofcourse there's Trevor... How Rockstar managed to take the tired game character concept of the "crazy insane hobo lunatic" (which they themselves have a hand in overusing) and still make it this unique and fresh is astounding. This fucking guy had me laughing more than I ever remember laughing at any other game character, and that within the first 10 minutes.

Favourite pass time: Hitching a ride on top of big rigs on the highway for some target practice. The cops seems totally powerless too when you do this.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
Honestly, while I am impressed with the gameplay and graphics so far, I am really not a huge fan of the characters' storylines. I just wish it wasn't so cliched.

But to me this series peaked around GTA: Vice City.

BlackJimmy

Jun 13, 2013
Loving it so far. It feels like IV, except all fixed.
I've gotten into the story as well. I'm enjoying the relationship of Mike & Franklin.
Looking forward to playing the rest :)

Jack Joe Tip Toe

Jul 19, 2010
Wow. It looks like everyone here really likes it. Which is incredible. And my friends that have played it are in love with it.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
My only 2 problems at the moment are....

I spend a metric fuck tonne on car mods, park it in what I am told is a safe place to park it, complete a small mission and poof its gone for good. They each seem to have there own car but it over rides better ones... Like Franklin has this racer type car, I modded it and then got him a porche looking car and modded that, for ages it stuck at his house but then one time, poof!

My other problem is, I thought the story was going be small intro/get the gang together then setting up and executing heists but I'm about 50% complete and it's a little heist light. I guess you can't just let the player earn millions every 5 missions but the thing I was most excited about is a little thin.

Another small curiosity is the "help I'm being robbed" things.... I'm a mass murderer and steal cars every 10 mins but somebody else does it? Not on my watch, buddy!

Kaendris

Sep 6, 2013
omega 616 said:
I spend a metric fuck tonne on car mods, park it in what I am told is a safe place to park it, complete a small mission and poof its gone for good. They each seem to have there own car but it over rides better ones... Like Franklin has this racer type car, I modded it and then got him a porche looking car and modded that, for ages it stuck at his house but then one time, poof!
Wait a minute, you mean they brought back that craptastic car mod system from GTA: SA? The one where you pump money into modding a car but the mods only effect the car you are driving, which you can inevitably never hold onto? Please tell me they changed it enough to be a fun aspect of the game. Just my personal opinion, but I REALLY disliked the SA version.

Anyone have more information about the car mods for GTA V? I am sorta holding out for the PC version >.>

Jack Joe Tip Toe

Jul 19, 2010
Kaendris said:
omega 616 said:
Wait a minute, you mean they brought back that craptastic car mod system from GTA: SA? The one where you pump money into modding a car but the mods only effect the car you are driving, which you can inevitably never hold onto? Please tell me they changed it enough to be a fun aspect of the game. Just my personal opinion, but I REALLY disliked the SA version.

Anyone have more information about the car mods for GTA V? I am sorta holding out for the PC version >.>
Yes. But the cars I've customized have lasted much longer than they would in San Andreas. So I'm not sure if you completely lose your car if it blows up. But you can store it in a garage.