How are you sleeping?

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
It is 04:52 am in Britain, and I am up. I woke up at 12:30 pm. Which is almost entirely different to the last three days.

My sleep cycle is now 100% chaotic. There are no specific timings, no predictable logic, and I often only know I'm going to sleep about ten minutes before I settle down and do so, giving in to my randomised timings.

Part of it's to do with hayfever, I'm sure. Stuff some tissue up your nose and try to sleep. Go on, I dare ya. While you're at it, spray some disinfectant in your eyes and try to close them for an extended period of time. It would seem I sleep only when my great enemy, the summer, says I can. There is more to it, I'm sure of it, I'm just not sure when it began. Maybe that night when my asthma re-emerged and there wasn't anywhere I could get an inhaler until morning, so stayed awake all night to make sure I wouldn't stop breathing in my sleep...

Woah. The words just warped a little. Trying to soldier through to at least 10 PM so I'm in a somewhat decent state for a needs assessment tomorrow is going to be...interesting, to say the least. Expect some strange, strange posts.

So, how's your sleep doing? This is the internet, so I suspect quite a few of us aren't incredibly good with the whole "sleep" thing.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I finally got a schedule of going to bed at 3am and waking up at 11am. However I just gotten over one of my insomnia spells where I'm never sleepy but always tired so having any kind of sleep schedule is welcoming.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Eh. I sleep soundly enough, but I don't get enough. Weekends I sleep in a lot, but that always leads to being unable to sleep at the right time Sunday night, so I don't get enough sleep for work the next morning and that just drags me down the whole week. It's an endless cycle. I could take naps, but every time I've tried it just leaves me unable to sleep later that night.

It's not especially bad, it just leaves me more tired than I'd like to be. I could go to bed earlier on weekdays, but I like staying up to watch the Daily Show and Colbert Report.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Sleep....comes and goes with me.

I have insomnia and I'm very surprised if I get a decent night of sleep without waking up for no reason other than my brain going, "Hey! It's 3:32, I want you to be awake for about an hour! No reason, just for funsies!"

I try to go to bed at a normal time but I'll be damned if that doesn't work out some days.

The Grim Ace

May 20, 2010
Sleep and I stopped being on good terms years ago, I usually fall asleep around 1 AM and wake up around 5 AM. As far as I can tell it's a stress thing but I don't have the luxury to slow things down or go seek help, as is I function decently enough without it. I do sometimes miss longer bits of sleep but it's what I manage.

Xeraxis

Aug 7, 2011
I don't really have any problems with sleep at the moment. As of now, I usually go to bed at 1 or 1:30 A.M. and wake up at 9 or 10 o'clock. My sleeping schedule during college was a bit unruly I must say, so I'm glad I have some consistency in my sleep patterns again.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Not very well. Take this tonight/this morning for example, I said to myself "Right. After the guys have went off Minecraft, I'll get a drink of juice, maybe read a couple of threads then go to bed. Two attempts at sleep and six hours later, and here we are!"

Clinky

Jan 5, 2012
Pretty crappy. My sleeping schedule is WAY out of whack with me being unable to sleep at night, more often than not I find myself waking up pretty late. With the latest being 2 o'clock in the afternoon today. I've been fighting to get it back on track so I don't have to worry about it when school starts up in August. No such luck so far...

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
Djinn8 said:
Dags90 said:
geK0 said:
I have been having 48 hour days for 2 weeks now
Please share your time warping powers with me.
You just have 3.5 day weeks. Mouesday, Wethday, Friturday, Sunday.
a week for me is

mouesday, wethday, friturday, somday, tuednessday, thriday, satunday

and it lasts 336 hours.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I view sleep as either necessary or not. If am unable to sleep at the time, it is because I do not want or do not need sleep because I wish to focus on things. When I sleep...I sleep soundly, comfortably, and with only a light snore if that.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Considering my shifts are not consistent and I find myself pulling the morning, afternoon and graveyard shifts all within the timespan of a week, I don't even have a sleeping pattern anymore.

It's not doing me any favors.

eye of the divine

Jul 22, 2009
Doclector said:
Maybe that night when my asthma re-emerged and there wasn't anywhere I could get an inhaler until morning, so stayed awake all night to make sure I wouldn't stop breathing in my sleep...
If you call your GP when it isn't open you should be put through to an out of hours service. Usually its in a central place to where you live and they could have gotten you an inhailer.

keve4433

Not totally insane....YET!!!
Dec 9, 2009
I go to bed around 6am-ish and wake up around 2:30pm. I lucked out and my boss said they would schedule me for late afternoons. I rarely have to be to work before 4pm.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
it is 4:04am right now. I woke up at 11:45-ish after falling asleep at 3am. My sleeping has been all over the place recently. Considering the heat, the fact that I'm awake late at night is a bit of a blessing...