How did you feel after watching Avatar

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Monkeytacoz said:
hell yes, District 9 was a kick ass movie and the Prawns are badass
*nods head repeatedly in agreement*

Seriously, I know people say "So what if Avatar's story is used and abused? It was still a good film!" But I say, I don't care, a good solid original story would have made a whole lot better. District 9 proved this. The most advertising I saw for District 9 was a few signs showing the form of an alien thing. I had no idea what it was about. Then I went to see it and was blown away by how well everything was done, including the story. It was much better. And yeah...the prawns kickass.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Furburt said:
Chapper said:
Furburt said:
Blown away and gibbering at how good it was.

Seriously, I've never been more in awe after a film.
Exactly my reaction. Although I could totally predict every turn in the film, I was shocked at how well everything worked.

Easily in on my Top 3 Films list.
Oh good, I'm not totally insane.
I'm flattered.

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
Bored out of my skull. And ripped off. And annoyed that I couldn't see Where The Wild Things Are instead. It wasn't good. It wasn't shit. It was just painfully average and that's a million times worse than shit.

Put simply... Very dissapointing Mr. Cameron. Go stand in the corner! Back to the class! Stay there and think about what you've done.

KitsunetheFox

Jan 3, 2010
I felt satisfied after watching a movie that I thought was very good (better than anything I've seen in quite some time).

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Nothing. I don't usually feel anything after a movie other than leave.

GuerrillaClock

Jul 11, 2008
I felt like I'd seen a master at work, doing what he does best. It changed my outlook on just what is possible in terms of creating a living, breathing universe on screen and really shows up those vapid action flicks (ie 2012) as the trash they are. Essentially...

Furburt said:
I've never been more in awe after a film.
...this, once I'd found out the amount of effort Cameron put into it. He wasn't just picking his arse for those 12 years, people. He gave them their own octal mathematical system because they only have 8 fingers, for god's sake. This will likely never be explained in the films, but Cameron dreamt it up anyways, and that level of care and attention really shines through.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Relieved that the story was over, but dissapointed that my eyes were no longer having sex with the screen

Tekyro

Aug 10, 2009
Monkeytacoz said:
honestly, i fell asleep for like 5 minutes during the movie
Good, so I wasn't the only one.

Yeah, I didn't find it that good, shoot me if you must.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Lullabye said:
Seriously, I know people say "So what if Avatar's story is used and abused? It was still a good film!" But I say, I don't care, a good solid original story would have made a whole lot better. District 9 proved this.
I call BS on that.
District 9 wasn't any more original then Avatar.
They both took well used themes and characterizations and they both flowed them into a story in a fresh, fun, and down right entertaining way. I really enjoyed both movies (Though I confess I enjoyed District 9 a bit more because of the "exploding people" guns).
If you're saying District 9 was original because it talked about social justice and interracial empathy using aliens in South Africa, then I can say Avatar was original because it talked about environmentalism, interracial empathy, and the best of humanity VS the worst of humanity using aliens on a distant planet.

Not original, but fresh and awesome.
That goes for both films.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
for me it was a good ecofriendly/civic/humane movie, that shows what happens when economic interests interfere with any kind life.

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
Monkeytacoz said:
i felt ripped off, because i had just paid 9 dollars to watch Pocahontas in space
Which is exactly why I don't want to see it. If I want to watch a film about marines being assholes, I'll go watch Starship Troopers. At least the CGI in that was used to add to the film, not as a crutch for generic storytelling.

Kevvers

Sep 14, 2008
I had a fairly ambivalent feeling after watching it, sort of impressed but also a bit cheesed off. As my brother put it, "I noticed there were no Native Americans in the marines cos if they were they'd be saying dang it these Aliens have totally ripped us off!"

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I felt like how I felt after first watching the Matrix.
I was thinking, however "OMG, Someday videogames will be like this! :D"

-bladerunner-

Dec 22, 2008
I thought 'wow I have just witnessed an epic it is time to preach the awesomeness of blue cat people to all!'

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I wouldn't call it great, only good. I liked it for what it was and I was entertained most of the way through but I wasn't blown away like some people. The fact it was so predictable just didn't make it that interesting and I was a bit disappointed with the aliens (avatars) behaving exactly like Indians.

All in all it was fun and I was going for the avatars at the end but I wasn't disappointed with the human race after the film or some crap like that.

BigHandInSky

Apr 16, 2009
Furburt said:
Blown away and gibbering at how good it was.

Seriously, I've never been more in awe after a film.
" and also i wanted to watch it again and *gasp* play the game version of it

luckshot

Jul 18, 2008
felt it was OK, i didn't necessarily appreciate the 2 hr 50 min run time, but that could be the 32 ounce drink that the theaters now consider to be "medium"

and that this was an issue means i didnt find much interest in the film. pretty but shallow