How did you find the Escapist?

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
Friend showed me a ZP episode, not sure what game though. Watched a lot of those for months, almost a year. After a very long time, I made an account to vote for March Mayhem, and after a bit I started posting around the forums.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
my ex who will not be mentioned was in love with zero punctuation and he would watch it all the time so I eventually started watching it too and exploring the rest of the site so....here I am...

Dyan

Nov 27, 2009
My older brother showed me Yahtzee's review of GTA IV and after that I got hooked on Zero Punctuation. Eventually I started checking out the rest of the site.

ToffeeMC

Nov 12, 2011
I saw Yahtzee's fable review on Youtube and somewhere I heard that he had stopped Youtubeand had moved to a mystical sight called 'the Escapist' or 'the Escapee' or 'the escroto' or something like that. I tried all three sites (don't try the last one, you don't want to know), and decided to explore the rest of this place because I was ill and lonely one day.

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
It was definitely a friend showing me Zero Punctuation. Although it was quite a while afterwards that I actually made an account and joined the forums. I used to hang around on Gamespot.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
A friend showed me Yahtzee's Super Smash Bros. Brawl review, and after lurking a bit, I made an account.

dragon60fe

Aug 6, 2012
Back in the old days when this chick called "bsangel" used to post Zero Punctuation on her site, I decided to watch one.

Push came to shove, and here I am.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
A friend showed me Yahtzee on Youtube way back when I was still in grade 9. I liked it so I watched him. When he moved to the Escapist, I migrated here but didn't actually explore the rest of the site until 2009. I should have made my account earlier...

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Someone posted one of Yahtzee's videos on cracked.com forum.I don't normally look through there forums but was just a coincidence the day i did Yahtzee's video was on it then i followed the link.

Explored the site abit then liked what i saw and settled here a few months later

Humble Grapefruit

Jun 17, 2011
Lizardon said:
A friend of mine showed me Unforgotten Realms and I came here to watch more of it. I probably didn't end up making an account for nearly a year after first coming here. After that I didn't start posting for about a month.
Pretty much the same story for me. Unforgotten Realms was great, then I just started casually browsing the site, watching Yahtzee videos. Eventually made an account an here I am!

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
I saw one episode of ZP and wanted to see the rest and then fell in love, i don't really remember how long ago this happened, but i don't rememer Yahtzee having more than one page of ZP episodes.

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
I found the site because of March Mayhem 2010. I then started watching ZP and got hooked, then Unskippable, then a little later I decided to create an account.

DaWaffledude

Apr 23, 2011
Someone linked me to the EC video on Piracy.

Captcha: "Know Your Rights". This just strikes me as oddly appropriate you some reason.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
I found this delicious website through Zero Punctuation, having first seen it through Youtube. For quite a long time I just lurked the website and watched the video's The Escapist uploaded until eventually I made my own account... been here ever since.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Marter said:
Someone showed me one of Yahtzee's videos. And then I explored the rest of the site.
Same. I'm assuming that's going to be the case for a lot of people.

Chris646

Jan 3, 2011
I found The Escapist after googling Yahtzee's name after seeing it mentioned briefly on Spoony's TVTropes page. I liked Zero Punctuation and Extra Credits, so I stayed. I joined the site a few months later.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
A mix of Yahtzee and Unskippable.
An ex showed me Unskippable and I figured I should explore the site after already watching a lot of ZP.

miketehmage

Jul 22, 2009
I came here for unforgotten realms... but I preferred his first series with the really shitty animations, they had a certain charm about them.

Zero Punctuation is what kept me here until i became interested in the rest of the site.