How Did You Find Your Significant Other?

Nubrain

Sep 17, 2010
I actually met my husband on an online gaming site called playbyweb the site is still around but no where near as popular as it once was but I signed up for a game he was running and we wound up chatting one day when I came into work to discover no one there. I had to wait for my ride so i just hung around and chatted to him on the site and that's how we became friends and about a year later we became more than friends and less then 2 years after that we were married.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I met my significant other when I played the visual novel Katawa Shoujo a couple of years ago. I chose Lily's Path and it is a love that has been going strong ever since. I did cheat on her one time with Hanako but I felt it was justified. Hanako needs love too.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Met my might as well forever be soul mate at my best friend's birthday party. After playing Smash, being loud, and having fun, I finally took notice to this shy red headed beauty sitting all alone, taking a gander at my enthusiasm.

Asking around for her name and only getting her first, I scoured around Facebook for some connection to her untiiiiil... "____ has sent you a message"

From than on i've never felt more in tune with another person. She's just everything I could have ever asked for in a woman......
but more importantly she wants Space Jam to be played at her funeral. F**k me if that's not a keeper.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Kind of a long story. I'll summarize.

We originally chatted in a .hack chat room, fond memories of conversation and hijinx with other chatters. We didn't become immediate signficant others. I spent the next several years getting to know her better. From friend to good friend to replacing my best friend because he turned into a real dick to having feelings for her. I kept them mostly quiet, though, because she had had bad times with an ex-boyfriend that I only heard of, but did not like what I heard. Let's just say it would have been bad timing. And so, I waited, and I did what should be done under the circumstances: I was there for her. Finally, one particularly-bad night for her, I told her. I am ever so glad I did.

dragonswarrior

Also a Social Justice Warrior
Feb 13, 2012
The first one is cute (I think.)

We went to the same high school (that's ages 14-18 for those of you with a different school system); junior year we had one class together and went to the same bus stop but rarely interacted. I had teased her once for being late, and she had recognized the sounds of Jon Coltrane playing too loudly on my ipod, but other than that we didn't really talk.

An afternoon at the end of April; it was drizzling while I was walking to the bus stop. I had an umbrella, but I like the rain so I wasn't really using it. She was walking ahead of me and I noticed she didn't have an umbrella, so I offered her mine. We started talking. And we haven't stopped talking to this day.

The second one was a little rougher. For those that don't know I'm in a poly relationship. It was initiated by my first partner and my second partner's partner (If that made sense). So I basically met her because her partner and my partner started a relationship together. It was cool though, we hit it off super well from the start and it wasn't too long before we fell in love too.

Now we are all a rockin' foursome. Life is good.

Jiggle Counter

Sep 18, 2014
I went to the supanova pop culture expo held in Brisbane, dressed as a Pokemon, took photos, met people, had fun, etc.

Went home, hopped on facebook, uploaded photos, went through other people's photos, commented on a drawing that I thought was deep and meaningful.

Got a reply from the artist, she said I made her day, I added her, we talked about supanova, she asked me if I wanted to attend her birthday which was just around the corner, and I accepted.

I hopped on a bus, went to a place I've never been before, met her at the bus stop, met her friends, ended up crushing on her best friend who was this beautiful blue-eyed girl dressed like a hobo who was about to rob someone's house, organised more events for us to all meet up, kept crushing on her friend, eventually asked her out via the most pathetic text message ever, dated, hit things off, and we've been together ever since (5 years now)

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
Guess I shall gush for a bit...

So I had just broken up with a very controlling and emotionally abusive lass and I was trying to get my life back together. I started hanging around with Chinese students as I had moved back to uni too early in the term and only the Chinese students had arrived. I helped loads move in to their rooms and got a few girls interested in me.

There was a visa check-in, and although I didn't see her, my fiancé-to-be had seen me and had discussed me. Her entire comment on me (I found out from other people later) was "He has such big eyes".

Later, a girl named Sugar (actual Western name, who was perfectly pleasant) had asked me to be her date to the ball, so I got all dressed up and spiffy, only to find her spend the evening talking to everyone else. I got bored and decided to dance with my so-called date. She was an awkward dancer, and I am all kind of an awesome dancer (for a white bloke) and decided to just enjoy it. Sugar goes off and chats to some guy she actually fancied.

Some girl comes over with lilies painted on her face (we had a face painter) and a black dress, with inky black hair in curls over her shoulder. She danced and laughed at my dancing. We danced for three songs and then she left. My date had left with the other guy and his friends so I gave a shrug of "meh" and went home.

Next day, I found a small girl wondering about lost. I help her find her class. She asks me to walk her home as it's dark and my uni is covered in forest. I agree, and walk her home. When we get to her dorms, she quickly knocks on the door of her neighbour and (cue Zelda treasure music), it was the girl with flowers on her face. We recognised each other and ended up talking for 7 hours on the stairs outside of her room until 2am, talking of home and family. I ask her what her favourite food is, as she cannot cook. I shall prepare her some proper food. She said chocolate. Ah. Her favourite film was Iron Man.

I ended up making her steak with chocolate sauce and watching Sherlock Holmes (with Robert Downey Jr). I walked her home in the autumn in the countryside. Beautiful night sky. We went sky-gazing, and as I turned her head to show her the north star, we kissed. I believe she leant in, she says I did. We then sat on the wet grass (I did, she sat on my coat) and cuddled until 3am.

Now I am going to marry her after 2 years of long distance when I finished uni early and moved to China to wait for her.