How did you lose your gaming virginity?

Joshroom

Oct 27, 2009
Yes, this thread is as geeky as it sounds. I was just wondering what games were peoples first introduction into the bright, fantastic and sometimes kinda sad, but in an accetpable way, world of gaming.

For myself I was a late bloomer and was about 7 when I first played on what I consider a proper game, i.e. one that has levels and not just adding numbers, and that was Yoshi's Island on the SNES; which I still consider to this day one of the best games ever.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Ghostbusters, Mario Bros / Duck Hunt and Dragon Warrior for the original NES, unless you count playing Space Invaders or Frogger on the Commodore 64....

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
I lost it to a fat Italian plumber when I was about 3 or 4 years old.

Hello, Mario. Please have a seat over there.

BioTox

Nov 19, 2009
Doom for the PC :D I was 3... got to love parents LoL

* Correction * I was 5 =P

mocruz1200

Jan 17, 2009
the game that introduced my love for video games was super mario world.
the game that got me into gaming was team fortress classic

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
Well, I would secretly watch as my brothers and friends took on the controler. But one day, I met a plumber. Either that, or I played around with a gameboy, and deleated some files. It's a bit blury.

Mikkelet

Mar 19, 2009
I got my first toy-computer for my 6th birthday. Later I got a gameboy POCKET! YEAH! with Pokémon! and Zelda! and some random racing game!

Richard Hannay

Nov 30, 2009
Time Out (a timed version of Break Out) on the original Apple Macintosh.

EDIT: But I guess that's not a proper game by the "distinguishable levels" criteria. I guess it would be Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge on the Game Boy. I don't believe I ever finished it.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
I played a bunch of games every once in a while for the NES and Atari something like when I was 4-7, but since I didn't truly become devoted to gaming until I got the Nintendo 64 for my 7th birthday along with Super Mario 64, I'm not sure which took my virginity.

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
First proper game was Dino Crisis, when I used to watch my uncle play, and then proceed to complete myself. It was a long time ago?

Does anyone remember Dino Crisis?

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
I lost it when a little game called Ape Escape for the PS1 came out, my nan (yes my NAN is suffciently awesome enough to be an avid gamer (atleast she used to be) got the game and I wanted one for me so badly that when next Chirstmas kicked around the little grey box was found under my tree and I never looked back.

I lost it further when I got a hold of Crash Bandicoot (before the games blew chunks!)

KhaineII

Sep 21, 2009
Show me here on this doll where the N64 touched you...

...right here where it says 1080 Snowboarding.

----------

That is how.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
I'm not quite sure, been gaming as long as I can remember, bloody terrible memory. It was probably to something on the Nes.