How did you spend your Saturday night?

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Well I am not one for nightclubs and massive parties so my Saturday nights usually involve the pub and TV/Escapist.
But last night was a pleasant change to my "routine".

I am a member of the Escapist's TF2 Group and never really posted there until a couple of days ago when the Mann Co update came out and there was lots to talk about. And for the first time I found the Escapists' Server while on TF2.
The moment I joined the server, there were Escapist member I recognised.

Like:
Irridium
Root_of_all_evil
Wordsmith
SomeBoredGuy
Frequen-Z
Portal Maniac
ultimateownage

But also many I didn't recognise.
It was great fun and I spent a lot of the night on the server. Got a few trades, played a few brilliant games. (Melee only mode with Fish Kills!)

And FrostyCoolSlug gave everyone on the server a free gift!

So not your normal Saturday night. But it proved that you don't need ridiculous amounts of alcohol and nightclubs to have a good time.

So; to the discussion part of this thread:
How do you spend your Saturday nights. Beer and pubs? Or TF2 with some awesome people? Or something completely different?

nohorsetown

Dec 8, 2007
Got whiskey-drunk, cleaned my house, moved some furniture around, watched Dr. Who with my wife, and played Cave Story. Pretty damn good time. Most Saturdays I go to the neighbors' house to get stoned and watch UFC, but they've been kinda irritating lately. Oh shit, it's after 3 am, and I've still got half a drink left. Damn you, Cave Story. I'm gonna have a hangover tomorrow.. ah well, so it goes. Cheers!

The Afrodactyl

Jul 19, 2010
Ended up getting trashed at a mate's party and freaking out from withdrawal symptoms (just gave up smoking).

Woke up this morning bolt upright in an armchar in his garden with no idea how I got there.

Damn Mexican Beer.

Griphphin

Jul 4, 2009
After Friday out at a movie with the friends, I slept in Saturday morning and I spent some time on the Xbox with my usual friends, and made some friends with a few friends of those friends! Still fun, just much louder than usual.

Vallds

Nov 18, 2009
Saturday nights?

Just finishing the last of my night shifts on them

...*Sigh*

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
I too was on there! Had a good laugh. Most Escapees I've ever seen on the server.

Edorf

May 30, 2010
I usually stay home gaming, or watching a movie.

If you want to go out and do something "fun" on a Saturday night where I live, you've either got to sit in a barn drinking til you pass out, or you can go to this christianity meeting thing.

Neither are very appealing to me.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Frequen-Z said:
I too was on there! Had a good laugh. Most Escapees I've ever seen on the server.
Oyea! My mistake, I do remember you were there xD

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
Usually watching movies, or playing games. I don't really follow the mentality that Fridays and Saturdays mean you should drink and party.

But tonight I'm in a hotel, of which thankfully has internet.

Crowser

Feb 13, 2009
Watched the Manhattan film festival (look it up its awesome and I think it ends tomorrow...) with a couple of my friends, grabbed some milkshakes and chilled with 2 friends from the bigger group until we all just fell sleep on his couch.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I was over at a friend's house and we had another session of playing the Deathwatch RPG. Our 5-man kill-team landed via drop pod right on top of rebel PDF troops with a Chimera, proceeded to link up with a groop of Cadian sappers and snipers, extracted an important Imperial official from an enemy-infested hotel and, upon evaluating gathered mission data, my Techmarine discovered that the planetary uprising we were sent to help clear up bears signature traces of manipulatory influences unique to the Alpha Legion. ... Next Saturday is going to be fun fun fun. ^^

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
Talked to a friend on Xbox Live, read the funniest story I've ever read in my entire life, played Torchlight and some TF2.

Sonofadiddly

Dec 19, 2009
Video games. Any other answer is dumb.

I'm playing Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door again.

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
Watched the AFL Grandfinal at a mates place and was utterly depressed afterward (Most Aussies should understand why). So we had a BBQ, got trashed and played Scene It! and Guitar Hero. Good night but I do this pretty often (minus the GF)

zen5887

Jan 31, 2008
Nowadays.

Studying like a ************. Last 6 weeks of uni are a *****.

Super Six One

Apr 23, 2009
I took connect 4 to a nightclub.

Turns out, evvvveryone wants to be your friend if you have connect 4

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Last night, got home from a date, had a conversation with my friend and got him a gmail account, ate, stayed here for a while.

Funkysandwich

Contra Bassoon
Jan 15, 2010
Went over to a mate's place and watched the entire 4th season of The IT Crowd and then some Top Gear.

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
TimeLord said:
Frequen-Z said:
Oyea! My mistake, I do remember you were there xD
XD It's one of the only servers I go on now. It's good to have you on board, too, more regulars from the site, the better :D