How do I Fix 'Connection to Website was Interrupted' Error?

Cryofthewolf

Feb 28, 2008
Hey guys, I've got yet another tech question:

I recently created a profile on okcupid.com, and it has been working fine for me until this morning. It's not loading, and is giving me the error message 'Connection to okcupid.com was interrupted'. If anybody can help me fix this, I'll love them forever. Thanks in advance!

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Any time I ever have any problems on any website, clearing your cache should be the first step.

In Mozilla, go to Tools -> Clear History and choose Cache (should be similar step for any other browser).

If that fails, try another browser and see if that works. If that fails, the website in question is probably having issues.

Cryofthewolf

Feb 28, 2008
I tried clearing the cache, and that didn't work, and I tried another browser, still nothing. I know fora fact that the website is up and running. I just tried opening it on another computer on the same connection to no avail. Do you think I should try rebooting the router? Thank you by the way. :)

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I do not know for a fact if this is still true but it was back in the day when I worked in a call center (I worked for an outsourcing company; I personally worked with Apple products while the people in the next building worked for a dating site...I swear it was OkCupid but this could all be incorrect or my memory frying)

I recall that being a problem with OK Cupid from my past work. The only thing I heard you can do to fix it is to give them a call and they have to do...something. I didn't work for them and have no clue if it's something on your end that has to be done or on their end but give them a jingle and see what happens.

Well...I went to their website to find you a number but that didn't go as well as planned. All I could find was this:

http://www.okcupid.com/feedback

Whether that means that I'm wrong or if the call center thing went away is up in the air. If it's like this with multiple computers and other sites work, there's no technical reason on your end that would cause this that I know of...

Cryofthewolf

Feb 28, 2008
So I figured out what was wrong, but not how to fix it. It turns out it was the internet connection causing it, as I've signed into a different one and the website works fine. Any idea how to fix that other connection?