How Do You Assassinate?

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
kommando367 said:
Call in a nuke directly on top the target because I want to make sure it and all it's guards die.
Nu- Goddamned ninja!

*Ahem* A nuke. Go big, or go home!

Or, in all seriousness, a snipers rifle. I mean, that's what the fucking gun was designed for, no? Long range targets, stealth, and bragging rights when you make a near impossible distance kill!

proctorninja2

a single man with a sword
Jun 5, 2010
depends on the job, if lots of civilians near by then something quiet but if not then ill go for big boom

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
XcrossX said:
Title says it all. In many of our beloved games we are usually given the task to eliminate a target, and more often than not it's some oblivious NPC. So, what's the method to your madness? Do you go GTA style and introduce them to the front of your car? Or pull out your magic spell, set'em on fire, and send them straight to Hell? Sniper rifle? Rocket launcher? Whatever you like, just make sure they're dead! Discuss.

Personally, I love nothing more than planting some C4 along their path, sitting back, and watching them stroll to their death. The distance of which the poor NPC's corpse is launched is always bonus.
quietly knife them in the back, or slice their head off with a sword, then either disappear as soon as I arrived, or steal their identity to gain all assets of being them

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
If I'm a Wizard, fire spells finished off with negative energy.
If I'm a Paladin, a flaming bastard sword.
If I'm a Ranger, acid arrows
If I'm a Monk, beat them to death with my fists.
And if I'm a Cleric, heavy mace.

Proyoginator

Mar 14, 2010
It depends.
COD: throwing knife
Assassin's creed: Hidden blade ftw
Halo: TEABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
I usually lure them out to a secluded ally by killing a couple of their mates, then blow/bash/slash/stab their brains out

Spectre4802

Oct 23, 2009
A silenced sniper rifle, preferably using ammunition that minimizes penetration and thus reduces the chance of any collateral damage.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Whichever method requires the least work. IF the bloke is wandering around in the street, he is fendermeat. If he is in a tall building, sniper rifle or heli attack.

Hunde Des Krieg

Sep 30, 2008
Whatever is most appropriate. Long range rifle shot, slash the neck, garrot(sp?) wire, neck twist, stab the kidneys, double tap with a pistol, ice pick in through the ear. whatever is quick, generally whatever is quiet.

ayuri

Sep 11, 2009
I love to get up close and personal with my prey whether or not it is my best option generally a knife, or a jeep will do if there are enough dangers that present themselves. Really I am a savage and the most likely person to bring a knife to a gun fight.

Arkzism

Jan 24, 2008
well im unaware of any games i can do this in but to stab someone in the lower back between the vertebrae and watch then them collapse

Arkzism

Jan 24, 2008
Macgyvercas said:
If I'm a Wizard, fire spells finished off with negative energy.
If I'm a Paladin, a flaming bastard sword.
If I'm a Ranger, acid arrows
If I'm a Monk, beat them to death with my fists.
And if I'm a Cleric, heavy mace.
well actually with the cleric id use the negative energy...

rupyTN

MorObliviOut3Skyrim
Jul 20, 2010
Being 'sneaky' to get right on top of opponent then use appropriate melee weapon. In the case of Oblivion used to do the same 'sneak' to get within touching distance then touch them with a life energy extraction spell (who's forgotten the spell names then!!), was a fun challenge clearing an entire area or dungeon by 'one touch' killing all the NPC's. No blood, just a sigh and a thud as they hit the ground.

TyranidXX

Feb 17, 2010
Either a hidden blade, a silenced pistol or a silenced sniper rifle combined with expert parkour. I'd also use poison in a similar fashion to AC2 (If I could in most most games). Also:

Ironsouled said:
It begins in my lab, and I receive a call. Someone needs to go? Does it have to look like something natural? No? Lovely. The victim will be hosting a banquet to which I need to get an invite? Easily accomplished. A bribe, or a syringe full of tetrodotoxin, and I am a distinguished guest, just for the night of course. Permanently stealing someone's identity would be so boring. I just happen to be a friend of the host, he has a flute of champagne? Ah, a Coke. Darker, and allows me to have ever so much more fun. Ricin, in just high enough doses to cause the pain in every nerve, small amounts of mercury to make it impossible to fully counteract combined with amobarbital to make them unable to scream. The first symptom, a slight lassitude, a feeling of lightheadedness. Then, the amobarbitol starts kicking in, rather fast acting and the victim feels a sudden urge to use the restroom. He gets there usually. Then the ricin begins to taken effect... He might scream once or twice. A minute or so later, he is unconscious, five minutes past that, he is dead.
Isn't that a tad bit descriptive for a simple post or I'm I just scared by you knowledge?