How do you change when drunk?

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
I become happier, more confident (I?m quite a shy person usually), more reckless, have hysterical fits of laughter, and flirt inappropriately with girls. I always seem to have a higher pain tolerance, reduced sensitivity or numbness to pain when I?m drunk. There was this one time where my friend threw a rugby ball at me, and I jumped up to header it, but I missed it and it hit me on the eye. I just fell back on the ground, started laughing like a moron, and only realized the damage and how much it hurt the next morning.

The first time I got drunk, I apparently realized ?the meaning of life? while staring up at a half-moon in the night sky, and later passed out while dry-humping a girl in a tent. I?ve never been angry when I?m drunk. The closest I came was when my equally drunk friend was annoying me or something, so I just started jumping in the air trying to punch him (and missed repeatedly), but I was smiling at the same time and both of us were clearly joking. And a time before that, I started screaming, ?WHY ME?!? when my drunk female acquaintance kept running away from me because she thought I was trying to rape her (note: I was not; I was just trying to talk to her).

I?m not sure how good I am at pretending not to be drunk when I actually am. When my friend was taking me and my drunk friend back to his house, and a guy came along to the bus stop we were waiting at, I immediately stopped talking and started repeating to myself and my drunk friend, ?Just act normal. Be cool. Just act normal. Be cool?, because I was scared shitless that he?d phone the police because we were underage. But nothing happened. We got on the bus, our sober friend paid for our tickets, we got home, and my friend passed out with his head in the toilet vomiting (which made it quite trying to piss around him in the morning, when I?d sobered up). I am good at remembering 98% of what happens when I?m drunk, though. Luckily, I?ve never been sick or had much of a bad hangover, aside from a mild headache and still feeling a bit dizzy in the morning.

NinjaSniperAssassin

Sep 19, 2012
I get really loud and excitable, and everything becomes absolutely hilarious. I also start chatting with everybody, although not about anything in particular. I can be at a party with a group of people I don't know and I'll start telling everybody random facts that cross my mind with no provocation.

I also get way more focused on things. On New Years I got a text from a friend and spent 10 minutes typing out "Happy New Years to you too!" In fact, halfway through I yelled at everyone to shut up because I needed to concentrate.

Aurora Firestorm

May 1, 2008
I flirt more often, I become much happier and more amusing, and I am willing to talk about sillier and/or more embarrassing things than I normally am.

mgirl

Mar 29, 2011
I get very talkative, and very honest. It's put me in some awkward situations before.

Then if I go too far, I get to the 'depressed drunk' stage. I've learnt when that happens though, so lately I've been able to recognise when I've drunk enough, and stop before I get to that stage.

Shadows Risen

Nov 1, 2011
If I'm in a good mood, I get louder and pretty hyper when I'm drunk and tend to laugh at nearly everything. I also seem to have more success when flirting with girls and will chat to pretty much anyone about random shit.

If I'm in a bad mood, I tend to get really moody for a bit and just can't be arsed with anything.

And regardless of what mood I'm in, I normally do something at least slightly stupid which can be a pain 'cause I tend to remember everything on a night out regardless of how pissed I am. I get really focused when texting as well, trying really hard to not make mistakes.

deadish

Dec 4, 2011
I'm kind of afraid of finding out.

In my 3 decades of "living", I have never gotten drunk before. To date, I have avoided alcohol because my father was a alcoholic - I'm worried that I will end up walking down the same dark path.

Not to mention, after hearing a tale from acquaintance that doesn't drink anymore because she somehow ended up assaulted someone when she was drunk and got arrested, I really afraid to try. As a guy with a fairly "unstable" psyche, who knows what will happen ...

Malty Milk Whistle

Oct 29, 2011
I get even more lightheaded and carefree than usual, but it takes a fair bit to get me drunk.
After that I just get sleepy and say strange things.

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
I tend to become tired and fairly sedentary, punctuated by bouts of giggling. I also become especially sensitive to the texture of things and often end up rubbing an empty wine bottle against my cheek for the sensation of the smooth, cool glass.

I also seem to be less sensitive about physical contact with other people when I'm drunk. Normally, I really don't like to be touched and am often visibly startled when someone grabs my hand or puts an arm around my shoulder, but when I get a bit drunk I don't really mind.

I only ever get drunk in Asia.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
I get a bit louder and more confident, but other than that I honestly wouldn't say I'm all that different, for the most part I still have the wherewithal about me to keep from doing/saying something particularly stupid (at least no more than usual) that I wouldn't dare to do whilst sober.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
I don't get drunk often, but when I do I just chat. In fact I stay pretty much the same. I don't flirt with anyone or anything or do crazy super stunts or anything, I just talk to people about anything and everything.

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
i talk alot and become very egotistical, i also tell any girl im talking to or are near how beautiful they are

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
krazykidd said:
I become a lot more social , and confident , and i laugh more and i smile ( i never smile ). Basically i become a normal person. If only there was a way to be drunk all the time . I'm a much nicer person when i drink . I would become an alcoholic , but i'm poor.
Yeah same here, but at the same time it's like someone's put an amplifier on my emotions and kicked it into overdrive. Mostly it's happy but, if someone pisses me off they really piss me off. I tend to swing back to happy pretty fast though.

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
I become mentally enhanced and physically wracked

Otherwise nothing much happens besides me getting slightly more social until i drink so much that i end up puking in the shower

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
When I have had a few I tend to be more talkative, especially about subjects that I enjoy. It amuses my parents and my friends no end.

Feb 22, 2009
I dance without feeling incredibly awkward about it.
I can't walk in a straight line.
I participate more in conversation.

That's about it, honestly. Not too exciting.

Maeta

Jun 8, 2011
I completely stop giving a fuck. I try it on with almost any girl that meets my lowered standards (regardless of whether she has a partner), and forget that I'm more looking for a relationship rather than a one-nighter. If any girl makes the mistake of thinking I'm even vaguely decent as a human being, I then do something stupid. Inevitably at some point, I get hit by a wave of guilt, walk the few miles home from town and self-destruct...

Dinwatr

Jun 26, 2011
I haven't read the whole thread, so I can only give my experience. When I'm sober I have this little voice in my head that says "No, see, people don't like to discuss the evolutionary implications of mate selection in primates during the party after a wedding". Stuff like that is generally what I'm thinking about, but I don't say it. When I'm drunk, that voice goes away. I was once threatened with a crossbow if I didn't shut up and pee (no joke--the exact words, close as I can recall, were "Are you going to shoot me?" "Not if you shut up and pee."). I vaguely recall saying to one woman "You're hot and therefore screwing up my equations. Stop it." Another time I spent an evening trying to find someone who could explain the difference between osteichthese and chondrichthese to me (an issue that had been plaguing me for a while, as I made the mistake of looking at how fish started and the early ones, as is usual, fit neither category and both).

There is a certain randomness to thought that is induced by drinking. It's useful at times. Got to sift through a lot of trash to get to the useful stuff, but the useful stuff can be surprisingly useful. I still swear that whoever invented the Bertrand lens was high as a bloody kite.