How do you cope with loss?

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
Getting angry and thinking of things that no one needs to smash to pieces (and sometimes do that) and I also tend to listen to very agressive music (most of the time metal), and smoke a lot more. ... sounds almost like I'm telling about a hobby here :p

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Not much detail there....

OT: I usually listen to music, sleep, and keep myself busy.

Better to be productive and forget your loss rather than sit around angsting(spelling?) about it.

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Go about my daily life, and cry when I feel sad.

Strange thing is, I never get sad in public, even when I try, so unfortuantly, I get very sad when there's no-one there to comfort me...

My grandad died a few weeks ago, so you'll be hard pressed to find fresher grief! ^^

Edit: And tell bad jokes

Two Drums and a Cymbol walk off a cliff.
Ba Dum Pish!

I could never work in an Aeroplane. I'd walk in, the pilot would go "Hi Jack!". Everyone would start screaming...

I was mugged in Kings Station, and was sobbing. A policeman came up to me and said he was sorry but I would have to come to the station with him.
"For Crying out loud!" I said
"Exactly" he replied

So awful, but so great...

Curious Georgie

May 13, 2010
I'll sulk for a bit if it's a big loss, reminisce over what I lost, and then a day later I'll have moved on completely. For some reason I'm nearly immune to these sorts of things.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I either talk with friends, or use a psychological tactic called EMDR. I've adopted it to work for myself whenever I need to use it.

DocBalance

Nov 9, 2009
I find some angry metal, turn it up loud, and load up Mech Warrior 4. You know that little feature that lets you name the bots? That's a very nice feature when you are good and pissed :)

soilent

Jan 2, 2010
My uncle died the other day, I move on in life, people die, it happens, no use getting sad over what you KNOW will happen eventually.

Aux

Jul 2, 2009
Oh goodie! I am dealing with loss right now...let me list some things:

-Play some video games
-Rea-range my room
-Drink
-Jog
-Drive
-Work
-Talk with people, normally leading to a night of drinks!

SmartIdiot

Feb 10, 2009
I drink. A lot. It's a negative, shitty way to deal with it I know but for someone who really doesn't deal with these things well at all
<spoiler=horrible cliche lies beneath>it's the only thing that takes the edge off the pain

Dapsen

Nov 9, 2008
My uncle hung himself 2 years ago... I went to my room and played WoW. /badass.

On the other hand, if I lose someone that means a lot in my daily life, I will grieve for 2-4 days, and listen to the right music, like "Shadow of the day" by Linkin Park.

I think I'll post that one actually: