How do you deal with assholes?

The .50 Caliber Cow

Pokemon GO away
Mar 12, 2011
Assholes. Assholes everywhere.

So a few are in your way? Maybe your going to the cashier at a grochery store with two things and a guy with like three dozen purchases runs in front of you just as you make it to the line.

How do you deal with that? Do you tell them off? Do you fantasize about punching them in the face? Do you punch them in the face? Or maybe you got to another line full of people with more crap than you?

YOU DECIDE

[sub][sub]Moo! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9iIgQN5uZE&feature=related][/sub][/sub]

[sub][sub][sub]No, I'm still not a member of drunk cows anonymous. Shuddup.[/sub][/sub][/sub]

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
With respect. If I let them push me around, that would be disrespect towards me. If I pushed them around, that would be disrespect towards them. I must find a balance. That, I call patience.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
to be honest i dont think ive really had to deal directly with assholes

I tend to be a bit of a doormat so..yeah

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
The only time I have had to deal with assholes was when I was in school, there I either ignored them or looked at in such a way that they decided to leave me alone.

Funny thing is that I am actully really shy and had no clue I was intimidating people into leaving me alone untill my little sister moved up into the school and pointed it out to me.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
The .50 Caliber Cow said:
Assholes. Assholes everywhere.
Nope. Plenty of people have bad days from time to time. They often react in wrong way, but that doesn't make them assholes.

OT : Calm. Professionalism @ work, "farewell" @ Internet, blank stare @ streets.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
I have met many assholes "types" in many occassions...
-I am trying at first to talk to him very calm for his/her reasons for saying something negative to me or to others.
-If he/she continue act like a prick again...very simple I will say to him how wrong he/she is for saying that.
-Finally...if he/she is still the shame, and I know that I will not change his/her attitude, I start to trolling him/her as calm as possible. This make them more angrier and at some point give up.

Most of the times gladly, I win these kind of battles ^^

Mr.Numbers

Jan 15, 2011
By hoping to god that I'm not the ass-hole in any given situation.

Never ever dig yourself a hole in which if the situation gets reversed because you were in fact at fault you're behaviour until that moment of realisation is going to really catch up to you.

Laser. Guided. Karma.

CAPTCHA

Mushroom Camper
Sep 30, 2009
I'm not really sure. Jerks I just tolorate. While violent types I'm either cautious around or avoid entirely. If I'm forced into confrontation with someone like that, I tend to try being resonable. If that doesn't work and I'm attacked, I try to throw them to the ground and restrain them. I'm not really the type of guy to go around punching people. I've only punched someone twice in my whole life and meant it. I'm not perticually afraid of being punched. It's happened fairly often and it's only really hurt when I've had my lips busted.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
It depends; if I 'm out in public, I tend not to do much other than glare at arseholes. Or, if I'm feeling really reckless, I'll mutter under my breath or sigh angrily.
If its a flatmate that's being an arsehole, I tend to get even more passive agressive.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
Manipulate them into thinking they won, that they are right, that they got their way. Then slowly turn everyone against them. This works at least for family members or work related assholes.

The passerby asshole, its best just to ignore them. They thrive off of attention.

Verzin

Jan 23, 2012
become a bigger asshole. but until your training is complete, do not engage them: never argue with an idiot until you have more experience being an idiot than they do. they'll beat you with experience.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
I don't. I very barely have to ever deal with one. Maybe it's because I think about their situation beforehand.

...and then I just mentally smirk at them for acting like a retard. If I confront them... just be calm and if they are stupid, play with them a little bit.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Nouw said:
With respect. If I let them push me around, that would be disrespect towards me. If I pushed them around, that would be disrespect towards them. I must find a balance. That, I call patience.
Some people are not worthy of respect. Respect must be earned, not simply given.

Depends on the situation. Generally though, assuming I'm not in class, or at work, or in another situation where I have to be polite regardless, then I generally "push back" when some asshole "pushes" me or one of my friends. If that means coming up with better insults and targeting their emotional weak-spots, I do. If that means standing up straight and not hunching to remind them that I'm 240 pounds of angry they don't want to piss off, I do that. If that means kicking their ass harder than they kick mine, I do that. I've only had to do that last one twice btw. Usually, once you bloody their nose with the first two they slink off back into whatever hole they crawled out of.

If they're just being an asshole in general, but it's not really effecting me, I just ignore them. As much fun as it is to tear them apart using the above method and leave them licking their figurative wounds, I have a very limited schedule. If I tried this on every asshole I met I would have no time for eating or sleeping, not to mention my classes or my job.

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
Witty remarks, unfortunately they're stupid so it doesn't work on them.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
I have never really had to deal with people like that outside of school and when I was at school I would either shove them out of the way or If it was something that one of them said I would just laugh in their face and walk off.