How do you decide what to play next?

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
Anyone with a big backlog of games might have problems figuring out what they want to play next. This happens to me quite a bit. I sit around in indecision when I could be playing. So what method do you use to decide? Random drawing? Whatever sounds appealing at the time? or some other method?

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
"Eh. I'm bored of camping in this same room for most of the game. Let's see if this game is fast paced enough."

"This game is too predictable. Let's see if there's a game that will scare the socks off of me."

Basically, I just play a game that has some trait that's more appealing than the previous game I was playing.

Alavar91

The guy who rarely posts.
Aug 5, 2009
Most of the time I just go for a game which is completely different so I keep my experiences varied. :)

deathstrikesquirrel

Apr 15, 2009
A small flow chart: What am I playing now: Dragon age 2- Have I beaten it yet? (no) keep playing (yes)start a new game. Have I seen my family in a while? (yes) good, keep playing (no) turn off Xbox. Have I beaten X rpg? (yes) Really, when (a while ago) play dragon age 2 (just recently) I don't remember it.. Have I beaten X rpg? (no) lets play it for a while.
Am I at home? (yes) why am I not playing Dragon Age 2? (dinner time) bummer (soul calibur 4 is in it and you can't find the DA case) might as well play the story mode then.
Am I at home? (no) do I have my DS with me? (yes) What's in it? (X game) might as well play that
Do I have my DS with me? (no) ;.;, well do I have my Ipod with me? (yes) but song summoner sucks (yes it does) ;.;, at least I can listen to music
;.;, Well do I have my Ipod with me? (no) what about my laptop? (yes) boot up fire emblem (no) -cries silently in middle of class-

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
Usually, I just play different games until one of them pulls me in.
Except when a sequel is about to come out. I can't tell you how many times I played Mass Effect the weeks leading up to Mass Effect 2.

So yeah, I usually try to stay away from games that have upcoming sequels within the next couple of months, cause I know I'll be playing them a TON.

Gerard Sjollema

May 26, 2011
Alavar91 said:
Most of the time I just go for a game which is completely different so I keep my experiences varied. :)
this, after i played trough dirt 2 i went on to crysis 2, after that i played starcraft 2 (lots of 2's) now i'm getting my share of rpg's with the witcher 2 and fable 3. maybe next adventure and/or puzzle games :)or a good old fasioned sandbox game like... just cause 2

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
either what i feel like playing at the time, what game is shorter, or what unplayed game ive owned the longest

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I finish a game and my train of thought is pretty much this:

"And now for something completely different"

Ryengu

May 22, 2011
Whichever game sounds like fun at the time that I get bored of the current one.

Toar

Nov 13, 2009
Make a list. I have to on some days. I don't always keep with the list, breaking it to have a L4D spree or something of that manner, but a list can keep things going. This method is particularly effective if you are OCD and need some way to make order in this... chaotic... world.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
eenie, meenie, miny, MO! :D

Seriously. I've got BlOps, Bad Co 2, and AC:B laid out on my couch and i do eenie meenie miny mo with them. When I get tired of playing whichever I chose, I go and play on the computer some.