How do you feel about anime?

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
mega48man said:
i love the fact that i can have a normal conversation with you on the topic of anime without having to deal with someone who's gonna get up in arms and ready for a flame war the second i dis naruto for being dumb.

yes, you do have a point, eye shape leads to characterization over time. like the hero i assume would have normal eyes and the nerd companion who makes the hero look good has squinty eyes from staring at the computer screen for days on WoW.

now who's chuck jones? sounds mildly interesting
Thanks, I try my best, and don't worry, Naruto's kind of a laughing stock among anime fans.

Eye characterization can be observed by what people think of animals; many people find small mammals, who have eyes relatively big for their size, adorable, while snakes have been historically repulsive. This even carries over for actually-pretty-dangerous mammals like raccoons and possums in opposition to non-venomous snakes (though I still find the latter cute myself). Hell, the term wide-eyed is used to denote someone who's exceptionally idealistic and innocent.

As for Chuck Jones, he was a Loony Toons animator, one of his more well-known works being "What's Opera, Doc?" Supposedly his Roadrunner cartoons were sub-par (I wouldn't know, I never kept track of that), but otherwise he made the better Loony Toons shorts.

mindlessvulgarity

Aug 23, 2009
Kenko said:
There are some anime I can tolerate. But my opinion for 99,9% of anime = KILL IT WITH FIRE.
This, but I have enjoyed the films in the past, like Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke and Tales From Earthsea, but I think that's mainly because of the fantastic voiceacting.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I know plenty of sites than give anime recommendations or where you can genre/keyword search and find ones that seem interesting so I can always find something to watch. I don't know of any sites that do that with books and TV and don't like watching something I have no clue what it's about. Also I love supernatural/fantasy and for some reason I can never find a good TV show or book like that. Most books I read are children/young adult books since I can never find a good fantasy adult book. Then again half of it may be because I can't stand slow pacing most have. So mostly it's easy access.

GreenDevilJF

Dec 9, 2008
Its stupid, over the top nonsense that usually makes me feel more embarrassed than entertained.

I like a few animes{obviously} but damn