How do you feel about circumcision?

ninetails593

Nov 18, 2009
Newtonyd said:
ninetails593 said:
I think what you're all forgetting is just how horrifying an uncircumcised penis looks like. Circumcision isn't "chopping off body parts", it's just a simple, safe procedure, that the baby will never remember. Hell, it makes him more normal.
That's a whole lot of opinions. Anyway, who cares if a baby's penis supposedly isn't 'pretty' if it's not circumcised. Is it that important? If it's such a simple, safe procedure then let the adult figure it out for themselves around the time they actually want to start using it.

Female circumcision is a more dire mutilation, but who says women need all those folds of labia? They're probably hard to keep clean anyway, so they may as well go.

Right?
You seem to be completely ignoring everything people have been talking about in this thread. Since you're apparently too lazy to look: A baby heals much faster than an adult, the baby has a quick operation that he'll never be able to remember, the adult has an operation that takes a long and grueling time to heal that he will remember for the rest of his life.

Jonabob87

Jan 18, 2010
Not circumcised, think it'd be quite interesting to see what it's like to be circumcised but not enough to actually do it.

I don't see any problem with it though, there are no negatives except speculated loss of feeling (I've never seen any evidence of that) so until there's a good reason to stop, go for it.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I personally feel that if anyone comes anywhere near my penis with any kind of cutting tool, they're going to be kicked in the head repeatedly until they fuck off and cut that shit out.

Racistman3d

Jul 6, 2009
I'm circumcised, and honestly I'd much rather have not been, mainly cause I live in a place where not too many people are, and I think that it has had some effect on the sensitivity, but it's not something I fret too much over, a penis is simply a penis and I'm not disfigured, so it's no big deal. I probably wouldn't have my sons, but I'm not that strong on the issue.

Gibboniser

Jan 9, 2011
I'd rather people would wait for the baby to make it's own decision, the baby has no say in it, in that respect I hate it. If it's a personal choice then sure why not. The trouble with this discussion, is unless you're a girl, your going to be biased in one way or another.

Straitjacketeering

Jan 3, 2009
Personally I think this should be a female only topic, dudes just turned this into a "I'm circumcised/not so that's how it must be." And the whole thing about cutting off clits, that's just savage and savage people and societies in my opinion do that. >.> Women should feel good too yaknow?

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
Its mutilation, there might be religous reasons or done with the best of intentions but that doesnt make it any less chopping bits off your child.

Also if the benefits are so great why are there websites dedicated to helping circumscised men regrow their foreskins?

I think there are benefits and drawbacks but it should be the childs choice

Treefingers

Aug 1, 2008
Ultratwinkie said:
DrMegaNutz said:
Circumcision is the surgical removal of the foreskin of the penis. It is most commonly performed on newborn males (obviously).
I personally approve of it it (but don't disagree if parents or whatever opt not to) for the simple reason that it is a better-looking penis. Seriously, uncircumcised penises look like a worm trying to escape from mud.
Yes it is painful for the baby, possibly more painful than an adult would experience. However, I don't remember any pain from when I was circumcised because I can't remember anything before age 5. I'm grateful that my mother wanted me to have a good-looking penis.
I don't care about the health advantages/disadvantages or any religious practice of it but I personally approve. What about my fellow Escapees?
flawed arguments:
1. Its better looking.

Fact: this is actually not true, and changes from culture to culture. This is considered an appeal to tradition logical fallacy.

2. I don't remember the pain.

rebuttal: If someone was raped using a roofie, does it matter? Even if they don't remember?
This.

There's no decent justification for cutting a bit off the end of a perfectly healthy penis. I disagree with it totally. If someone wants to chop up their own dick that's fine, but forcing it onto babies is unnecessary.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
DrMegaNutz said:
Yes it is painful for the baby, possibly more painful than an adult would experience. However, I don't remember any pain from when I was circumcised because I can't remember anything before age 5. I'm grateful that my mother wanted me to have a good-looking penis.?
And date rape's OK because they can't remember it happened. I'm not sure whose cock you've been looking at but mine's perfectly clean and looks exactly the same as one that's been circumcised when you flop it out for fun time.

This whole weird American obsession with circumcised dicks is ridiculous. Hilariously, it does say a lot about you guys when 60% or so of the population has an act performed on them that began so as to discourage sexual behaviour.

Its mutilation. If you think you've got an ugly wang get it chopped up when you're old enough to decide for yourself. It "looking better" is NO replacement for removing the choice from the person whose body it is.

The only reason you think its acceptable is because its so widespread. If I now had a daughter and took her to get her clitoris cut off she'd be taken away from me before I could say "snippy time".

The only time its acceptable is for a medical reason. Religion is not an excuse for anything.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
It is a bad idea to do this to children. If it has to be done for medical reasons I'm fine with that. I'm fine with people who can consent to such a thing. They can do loads of thing to their body if they want to but I can't see why you would be circumcised.

Grimbold

Nov 19, 2009
No problem if it is for religious or medical reasons.
But did I get this right that christian Americans have their children circumcised just for fun? That is plainly weird.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
I am of the opinion that all minors are entitled to a right to bodily integrity, and as such circumcision should be a choice (in the case where it's non-medical) once an individual is capable of deciding for themselves.
Some people point out the religious significance of circumcision to a number of religions, but I point at female circumcision (also known as female genital mutilation), and say that many claim it to have religious importance as well.

Some people say I'm extreme in my view, and I probably am.

tikalal

Dec 17, 2009
xdom125x said:
I think it is a holdover from a less clean time (when it actual had a practical purpose) that only remains acceptable because it is backed by some big religions.

I don't like it. I don't think it should be done unless it is absolutely medically necessary for the child in question.

Berethond said:
There is absolutely no reason to.
And fucking aesthetics is NOT a valid reason to chop part of their dick off.
I don't say it very often, but "This".

Why don't you let them grow up a little and then decide if they want a "better-looking penis".
Because if they grew up they would be pretty set in the concept of "don't allow any damage to my penis... ever" which would make the near universal answer be somewhere between "no" and "no" (but with lots of swearing).
So do it before they have the choice, because they would not have their genitals mutilated given the choice?

What a sickening thought... You should be ashamed.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I don't think a circumcised penis look any better or worse than a non circumcised one. Therefore I go for the option that doesn't involve cutting bits off.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
America is so fucking archaic compared to Europe.

No universal heath care, majority of country is religious, circumcision STILL common practise on new borns...

Circumcision is just fucking disgusting and anyone who carries out a non-medical circumcision should be in prison.

Shotgunjack1880

Feb 12, 2010
Honestly I'm circumcised and I like the fact I can have sex with a woman and not just my own loose foreskin. (and seriously before anyone gets all pissy over that, it's a fucking joke.)

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
Berethond said:
And fucking aesthetics is NOT a valid reason to chop part of their dick off. Why don't you let them grow up a little and then decide if they want a "better-looking penis".

Though really, I think it should be illegal.
Wrong, as scientific data proves multiple times [http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/07/070724113945.htm] and agree with one another [http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/04/090415074940.htm] that circumcision greatly reduces the spread of HIV from penis to vaginal intercourse, [http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/12/081217123819.htm] as well as HPV [http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/07/110728111545.htm]. However, with homosexual activity circumcision has little to no effects [http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/07/100722075011.htm]. Yet to claim it has no reason is absolute crap, and needs backing up before making such a statement.

Click the blue links for each article published by a scientific study.

As for the thread: This pops up everywhere, and seems to always dwindle into petty fights among users based on looks or "sticking it to the man" if they were "denied their rights" at birth. Less opinions, more facts, people.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Straitjacketeering said:
Personally I think this should be a female only topic
So people who don't actually have the part that would be cut off and can't experience or properly understand the pros/cons of having done should decide? I think both sides of the argument would find this ridiculous.

xdom125x

Dec 14, 2010
tikalal said:
xdom125x said:
I think it is a holdover from a less clean time (when it actual had a practical purpose) that only remains acceptable because it is backed by some big religions.

I don't like it. I don't think it should be done unless it is absolutely medically necessary for the child in question.

Berethond said:
And fucking aesthetics is NOT a valid reason to chop part of their dick off.
I don't say it very often, but "This".

Why don't you let them grow up a little and then decide if they want a "better-looking penis".
Because if they grew up they would be pretty set in the concept of "don't allow any damage to my penis... ever" which would make the near universal answer be somewhere between "no" and "no" (but with lots of swearing).
So do it before they have the choice, because they would not have their genitals mutilated given the choice?

What a sickening thought... You should be ashamed.
Okay, I worded that end bit poorly. I made a bold (and I'd say stupid) assumption on a reason why people that are for circumcision choose to do it when the boy is still a baby and don't leave it up to him. (As the beginning of my post that you quoted states, I am against circumcision except for when it is absolutely medically necessary.)