How do you game?

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I used to lie on my stomach in bed, with my head towards the TV(ofc). Usually I had my elbows up and a pillow under my chest to ease the weight a bit.
Now I sit in my chair in the living room in front of my huge, sexy TV.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Console gaming: lying/sitting on my bed, TV volume on 8 (always), and the game box lying next to me. Sometimes something edible in easy reach, but usually not.

PC gaming: just plain sitting at my desk.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Whether it's in front of the TV or the desktop, I'll usually sit in a swivel chair, not that I'll need to swivel. After that, no real rituals - and that's not even really a ritual; it's just that those are the most convenient chairs for gaming in for me.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
For my console I set in my chair and put my feet up on my nearby bed, then proceed to play.
For my PC I sit in another chair and lean forward close to the screen if I am concentrating.

Not sure if it would be a ritual but I always make sure I have my TV and chair adjusted the right way.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
I play my sweet consoles on my 42" HDTV with 5.1 Surround Sound, on a recliner I've had since I was a kid and always use the latest controller I have until it needs replacing (I.E., Use controller that came with console, then get new one that comes with a game or new console or replacement due to controller being thrown into a pool by a dickwad of a younger brother). I cannot use headphones, as I need the distance of where the sound comes from, and I cannot stand the screen being close to me. If I play a game on my laptop, I put it on the TV.

Lenvoran

Apr 29, 2010
For PC gaming, sit down in my comfy computer chair with a drink, some chips or popcorn, and a pair of chopsticks (use them to eat chips/popcorn as not to get my keyboard messy), place feet on footrest, proceed with gaming.

For console gaming, do all that and shift my body 15 degrees to the right.

I like having a drink because hydration good. I like having a snack because I'm skinny enough that I need to eat pretty consistently or I can collapse from lack of energy. I like my comfy chair 'cause it's comfy.

Nothing that's like rocket surgery here, just things I like and things I need.

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
I'll just sit in front of my PC with a cup of coffee sitting on the desk beside me. In regards to what game/s I'm currently playing, lately, Killing Floor has been my go-to game as I can just play one or two matches and then leave it at that.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Nothing special, really.
I sit down on my cheap, comfy armchair, place a bottle of water within arm's reach, turn on the TV and surround sound system and start playing; oh, and before all that I close all the windows, because sometimes I yell and curse at the screen and I don't want to disturb my neighbours.

FabiotheTurtle

Dec 17, 2010
Well, when I'm playing my N64 and SNES (u jelly?) I generally change between sitting up and lying down. Whenever I do ANYTHING I always have a large 1.5L bottle of water with me. Although, when I game I usually have a can of coke with me or a cup of tea at the ready.

With my consoles in the lounge room, I usually sit on the edge of the table, or move the footrest to the table and lie on it, using a cushion for a headrest. So that's a coupla feet from the TV, in a relaxed, lying down position. At the computer it's headset, leant back, hand on mouse and ready to roar!

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
Ceiling lights off, I rely on an uplight in the corner of the room. Pants go off too, I wear a kilt or bathrobe while gaming. Since I live alone I usually have at least one meal while gaming. Apart from that, coffee or tea.

Gaming should be as relaxing as possible.

corvanjer

Nov 28, 2011
100 mandatory push-ups to get myself pumped to dominate some scrubs. What's your game?

Ix Rebound

Jan 10, 2012
I have the Tv and xbox on the desk in my room
I usually play it leaning back on my chair and sometimes with a mini pack a chips to keep me company
pretty basic, nothing fancy

arnoldthebird

Sep 30, 2011
Get in a comfy position on the couch...and that's it.

Can turn the TV on and off with the remote, can turn the console on and off with the controller and I will normally play the same game for consecutive days with out it leaving the system.

Athinira

Jan 25, 2010
Sitting in bed on my 32" television (stationed just over 1 yard away from me, which is fairly close) on my laptop.
Mouse in right hand (Logitech VX Revolution on a Razer Destructoid mousepad, or if the game calls for it with my X360 controller).
Sound to high.
A big glass of water or apple juice at my side.
No clothes except underwear, just under my Duvet!

It's my gaming Nirvana.

pendragonown

Apr 14, 2009
Room's pretty cramped so I'm usually horizontal while I game. Bit of a pain in the neck ( both figuratively and literally ) but it's better than nothing.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
freakydan said:
No superstition or anything there, I just like the way it feels in my hands.
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAI....
Sorry... I'll be going now
But OT: Wherever I land when I get home from a hard day, unless it's on console, then I'll need to specifically flop to wherever it is.