How do you know you're being cheated on?

JoeKickAzz

Feb 22, 2009
Pretty simple question people of The Escapist, How do you know when you're being cheated on?

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
When you walk in on someone railing your significant other.

That's usually a pretty good indication.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Link_to_Future said:

Yeah, I don't want to say "this", but this.

Or you could go into the psychology of it and how your partner's behavior changes, but this is the easiest way.

gostlyfantom

Jan 22, 2011
Link_to_Future said:

well... thats pretty sound advice, i concure completely

flim.geek.chic

Oct 22, 2009
You don't hon. The best course of action is to confront to you're partner and calmly disscuss you're suspections.

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
If you and your significant other are playing a card game, and spare cards fall out of their sleeves, that's a good indication that they've been cheating.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
When they seem more distant and not as into whatever you are doing with them (doesnt have to be sex, could just be anyhting you like).

Or when they seem to be making excuses not to be around you.

Johanthemonster666

May 25, 2010
There are usually some veiled indications when the cheating partner starts.

The big one is emotional distance and indifference toward their spouse. In my experience, they don't get mad at the usual issues anymore, but don't show affection or joy in other situations with you like they normally would.

1)caring more about their appearence/grooming than usual
2) "working late" or "going out for lunchbreak with friends" on a regular basis with little explaination

3)Acting really antsy about their e-mails and the cell phone calls/texts, closing their e-mail/IM screen as you walk in.

4) Smelling different, like a different brand of shampoo, body wash or cologne that they don't own (usually implying they're showing at someone else's place)

5) acting really defensive about where they go and sometimes projecting their guilt by getting suspicious of whether you've been faithful to them.

6) They stop sleeping with their significant others or seem to lose their libido/interest in the immiedate relationship.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Mine was fairly obvious:

My long-time ex. started going out at night, all-night (and not coming home until well in the afternoon the next day) without really telling me where he was going. And then he started saying he was going to a 'girl'-friends house to get drunk. I asked if it was a party, and he said no, just the two of them, but, "I wouldn't like it there." and wasn't invited. I also found a blog about a party he went to , where he took a nearly passed out girl to the back-seat of his car. Everyone noticed, and he claims he didn't do anything with her; but by that time I was already emotionally detached from him, and I was just trying to find a new place to live.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
TeeBs said:
Here is a checklist

1. Is she a woman.

That is all.
That's horrible and yet I laughed my ass off.

OT: If you have a strong suspicion and aren't the insecure or jealous type then your partner is probably cheating. Where there's smoke, there's a fire sort of thing.

xdom125x

Dec 14, 2010
You can tell they are cheating if you ask them. No wait that's a terrible idea. I prefer these 2:
Link_to_Future said:

Paksenarrion said:
If you and your significant other are playing a card game, and spare cards fall out of their sleeves, that's a good indication that they've been cheating.
Well played, you 2, well played.

Zenomorph

Jul 12, 2010
Umm to be true here im drawing directly from my poker skills here but if they answer a text near you and then immediately put their hand over the phone normally in poker if someone puts their hand/hands over their cards that is an automatic human reaction to something they either treasure or want to keep secret...not sure if any of that actually helped or made sense but i don't have anything else to draw from =P

AK47Marine

Aug 29, 2009
Usually they end up feeling emotionally detached or distant, they might be tense around you or snappier then usual. (especially if they have a guilty conscience). With my exwife she started going out "to have coffee" late at night at not coming back till all hours, reacting really strangely to things, not answering the phone if I was in the room, the list goes on but you'll just feel like something is out of sorts.

Albeit my exwife is probably not the best standard barometer... she was incredibly abusive and has a family history of mental illness, so take what I said as you will. *shrug*

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
You can't really know unless you have evidence, and asking about it will give you nothing (noone really want's to admit their shortcomings/mistakes).

But when you suspect someone of cheating you should look into it, there will always be a stray email/SMS/blog/facebook/messenger or phone call giving it away, and if nothing else other people will know about it.

Once you confirm your suspicion confront them(but don't reveal your sources, simply say a friend saw him/her), if nothing more to end it, you honestly shouldn't continue such a relationship.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Paksenarrion said:
I beg to differ. I have a serious medical condition in which my awesomeness at cards causes a magneticism-esque effect to occur between my elbows and the ... oh who am I kidding, I only play Blackjack, and I'm a freaking Tin-Arse at blackjack, I don't need to cheat.

OT: When you are ahead of them in a race, they never over-take you, and they win.