How do you like slay your dragons?

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
As my first foray in not only the Elder Scrolls franchise but also the RPG genre, I must say that I'm absolutely delighted with the ambition and the execution of the game. By far, the best parts of the game for me are the dragon slaying sequences.

Yes, I know, it's a game, but I still tend to think of dragons as amazing, wonderful creatures that I feel bad for after I slay them. The least I can do is give them the respect they deserve and conquer them in duels. No one else. Just me and the dragon. (Of course this means I've to stock up on magicka and healing potions.)

Question: How do you go about slaying your dragons, and do feel the worse for it?

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
I am Dragonborn and the scaled ones will obey me or perish.

OT: Bows, shouts and spells to get them to land, then I summon a Fire Atrinoch to assist as I bathe the beast in whatever element opposes it's breath weapon.

If I'm feeling saucy (as I do), I conjure my dual blades and leap for the neck.

gellert1984

Apr 16, 2009
Arrows, health potions and counter-damage potions (25% protection against fire, for example), dual swords.

Pump arrows into him/her/lizard-features until he/she/over-grown-gecko lands then hit him/her/walnut-brain with the swords, use potions as and when appropriate.

Hope to Talos he/she/jalapeno-breath doesnt get distracted by a bunny and fly off.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
I tend to do all the damage to it with my bow, only using my valuable majicka points to heal myself if i get low.

killer12480

Jun 4, 2011
Being an assassin (And not the kind that likes to kill from afar. No, I like to get drenched in my enemie's blood!), I climb to the highest point I can find and piss it off.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
I get as close to it as possible without being blasted back by its fire then, as it pauses for breath, I roll in and bounce my rock into its exposed chest.

killer12480

Jun 4, 2011
Actually, I'd probably play as my Bosmer archer Naiavita GreyMoore and fill the damn thing with arrows untill it could taste the feathers on the ends!!!

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
Avoid the flame, cower under a rock, scream in horror until it lands, then charge behind it and wail on it with my swords. Works a charm!

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
I will run about with a healing spell and sword equipped while it flies overhead, shouting at it and hacking at the legs. When it lands I go to town with a sword and shield combination, bashing it in the face with the shield then hacking at its neck with the sword. Then it dies.

I fucking love Skyrim.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
Standing in the open with the proper resist potion on, striking it with my arrows and making no attempt to avoid its breath weapon. My stamina- with a little unnatural resistance- versus the beast's!

When it lands, I draw my two handed axe and cleave it in twain.

Admittedly, I can't do this with "Ancient" dragons yet, which I'm seeing more of now.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
Arrows until it lands, then using Unrelenting Force to stun it.
After that, it's Steel Sword time.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Urgh another Skyrim thread...

If anyone needs me, i'm going to the store, call me back when these threads stop -.-

Neocavo

Feb 19, 2011
i generally shoot at it till it barbecues me..hide behind a rock...rinse repeat till it comes the fuck down for good..switch in to wolf form and jump on its back and tear out its spine :)

Seagoon

Feb 14, 2010
Giest4life said:
As my first foray in not only the Elder Scrolls franchise but also the RPG genre, I must say that I'm absolutely delighted with the ambition and the execution of the game. By far, the best parts of the game for me are the dragon slaying sequences.

Yes, I know, it's a game, but I still tend to think of dragons as amazing, wonderful creatures that I feel bad for after I slay them. The least I can do is give them the respect they deserve and conquer them in duels. No one else. Just me and the dragon. (Of course this means I've to stock up on magicka and healing potions.)

Question: How do you go about slaying your dragons, and do feel the worse for it?
KILL IT WITH FIRE... Well, actually I use my jazzy archery skills until he gets on the ground.. then i just spam the scaly ***** till he dead...

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I kill dragons like I kill all my foes. Force lightning. Seriously I haven't used anything else, except one fire spell for a frost troll.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
I'm pretty much the exact opposite of you, as I love to lure the dragons into giant camps or, if there's nothing more deadly around, crowds of innocent bystanders. While it's distracted I stay out of its line of sight and fill it full of my home-made poison tipped arrows to bring down its health. If it's sufficiently distracted and near-death I'll finish it off with my war-axe or dagger, going for stealth bonuses if I can.

Usually the dragon never actually gets a chance to attack me at all.

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
Magic, shouts, and shield bashes. It's retarded how OP shield bashing is, but I certainly don't mind that it can even stop a dragon from spitting fire for a moment.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Fire Breath usually pisses them off so they land, and then I take my greatsword to their face. Yes. I fight dragons head-on. I often need potions of fire resistance, though, otherwise bad things happen to me. Isn't it lucky that Nords are practically immune to frost?
However, there was one particular fire dragon who was giving me a lot of trouble. And I mean a lot. I died so many times.
I couldn't find the route up to his lair...uh...Lost Tongues Peak, or whatever it's called, so I waited until daylight. First time, one of those magical turrets at the bottom of the stairs took me down. There MUST be a way to kill those fucking things.
Second time, I reached the top, only to find that there was a fire dragon and a frost dragon. Frosty fought my companion, while Hotsauce came after me. He must have guessed I can't die from the cold.

So I attacked at night. Went werewolf on him. I won.

Burst6

Mar 16, 2009
Well mostly i run into the dragon with two swords and die. sometimes i go to its side and die, you know, to mix things up.

My plan is that the dragon will somehow choke on a body part of mine and die from asphyxiation.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
I generally hide behind my fire-resisting shield until he gets close enough to the ground for me to just shout him down, then pull out my other sword, and go completely berserk at him directly, maybe jumping out of the way of a bite every now and then.