How do YOU organize your steam library categories?

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Er, I don't organize them? I just drop shortcuts in a desktop folder and uninstall games I'm done with then forget about it almost entirely.

Then again, I've only got...let's see...44 titles on steam?

I know. Casual as all hell over here.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Rather than type it I'll just link it below:

"Games" is the "free for 2 days" or whatever stuff that comes on from time to time, all games I own are organised into one of the categories. Thinking of adding a "Finished/Completed" category to move games (esp ones that I play for the campaign) into to help sort which ones still need to be completed.

UberThetan

Oct 6, 2014
Favorites... and everything else.

Yeah, I don't spend a lot of time organizing anything, least of all my game collection.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
Mine is pretty basic. It's something like this:

1. Games I REALLY want to play
2. Games I want to play
3. Games I intend to play some day, but probably never will
4. Impulse buys
5. Games I finished

The sad part is categories 3 and 4 have more games than categories 1 and 2.

Foehunter82

Jun 25, 2014
Wait...you can categorize them?!

But, yeah, mine are basically in the alphabetical, non-sorted default state.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
Early Access (14) -Yeah, I got quite a few of these. You can say I'm part of the problem with bad Early Access games if you want, but I make sure to only buy the ones that are really doing well, such as 7 Days to Die, Subnautica, and Space Engineers.

FPS (78) - I got A LOT of these. I love first person shooters, or rather, the first person perspective. I love being able to get a much richer feel for an environment which I only can in first person rather than third. Plus, I usually enjoy more immersive, fast paced games, which first person shooters also deliver.

Horror (6) - I own a few games that technically qualify as horror, but I didn't put them in because I don't find them scary at all, such as Resident Evil. This mostly consists of Alien: Isolation and Amensia as the two better games in this category.

Indie (14) - These mostly came from Humble Bundle steam keys. A couple, such as Wrack, I actually bought directly from Steam.

Online Shooters (29) - This combines my love of first person shooters with my enjoyment of playing with friends/brother. Not all of them are first person online shooters, but most of them are.

Other Online (11) - As a result of above, I don't play many online only games that aren't shooters. This is what this category is for, for games like Torchlight II and Pool Nation.

Racing (9) - Pretty standard stuff here. I enjoy a good racing title now and then.

RPG/Adventure (29) - This is probably my most vague category. This includes games from Skyrim, to Assassin's Creed, to Nekopara and Guilty Gear. At some point I'll probably divide this into more accurate catagories, such as fighting, exploration, etc., but not until I own more of them in the first place.

Simulation (16) - A couple of these actually overlap into Other Online, but are necessarily online only, such as Civ 5. Others include ARMA, Euro Truck Simulator, and Tabletop Simulator.

Third Person Shooter (39) - Also pretty vague. Like mentioned before, this include Resident Evil, even the recent remaster game. Just don't find them scary enough to put in Horror. Other than that however, this is pretty standard with games like Saints Row The Third, Sleeping Dogs, GTA4, and Dead Rising.

Games (4) -This is just a throwaway category far at the bottom. I use this for junk like demos, unwanted betas, and those free trial games.

gsilver

Apr 21, 2010
Country
USA
Favorites
Dropped
Finished
Games (unsorted)
Bundle crap

I made a few genre-specific categories, but it isn't worth the hassle.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Update: now that I know this thing exists, I have organized. Mostly by very basic genre, sometimes by source.

Action
Building (general, contains sandbox, simulation, and roguelikes)
Non-Steam (overrides genre)
Oddities
Platformer
Rhythm
RPG
RTS
Shooters
Turn-based
Unplayed (overrides genre)
Visual Novels
Games (those automatic promotional things)