How do you pronounce your username?

Segadroid

Apparently a Premium Member now
Mar 20, 2009
[Search bar approved!]

Alot of people pronounce my nickname wrong; they either say Segá-droid(With a short pause between the 2 parts of the word), Sechadroid(Almost like they're choking: Yes I'm looking at you, Holland! XD) or Sey-Gad-Roid(Yeah, that was just a server full of drunk people <.<)

It's pronounced 'Sega' and the word 'droid' spoken in one swift breath.

And how about you guys? Does your nicknames gets pronounced wrong? And how should it be pronounced?

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Mine is Pretty Clear cut, any one who would screw it up, is either not strong in the English Language, or a complete idiot

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
the saki part is pronounced just like the later half of kawasaki or the Japanese rice wine, so just toss in a "v" and you got it.

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
I've got a friend who always pronounces my username Ska-bA-dus, but it's actually pronounced Sca-buh-dus.

Awkward, since I use the name in a few things and every so often I wonder who he's talking about.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Well, my username is a real English word. If you know English (which you should if you're reading this forum) then you should know how to pronounce it.

Fraw-t. That's how to pronounce it.

[small](frôt)[/small]

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
It should be pronounced Crazy-Haircut-ninety-four, but since I am Swedish, I read the numbers in Swedish. So it becomes Crazy-Haircut-nittio-fyra.

EDIT: With name change, my new name is pronounced with light A (not a deep A) and the hangelsk is pronounced hengelsk, with no direct emphasis on the g.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I pronounce it, "Ur-ah-nuh" but I've heard it "Ear-ah-nah" and "Ear-ran-ah" or "Ur-ran-ah." Maybe I should just stick to what the talky versions of QFG say...

CrazyHaircut94 said:
It should be pronounced Crazy-Haircut-ninety-four, but since I am Swedish, I read the numbers in Swedish. So it becomes Crazy-Haircut-nittio-fyra.
The swedish sounds better.
The Swedish always seems to sound better! :eek:

seamusotorain

Dec 14, 2008
Mine is supposed to be in Irish, but I left out the little wee ´s, as they'd be too fiddly if logging in on another computer. So, if it was spelt properly you'd say "shay-mus oh tore-oin"

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
When I originally thought it up I was going for Rh-ain, but since then I've heard quite a few versions of it, Ryan being the most common.

I tend to pronounce it just as Rain if I'm tired though.

Aardvark Soup

Jul 22, 2008
I pronounce Aardvark like a combination of the Dutch word "aard" and the first vowel from "varken". Then you'll get something like Aahrt-fark-soup. I guess South-Africans would pronounce it about the same way.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
People used to think my real name was Ron because of my nickname, but Sonicron is really supposed to be spoken as a single word; it's a name I made up for my player character in a forum RPG revolving around Transformers, so there's your clue as to the pronunciation (as in Omicron, Unicron, Galvatron etc).
The '86' part should be fairly straightforward :p (although I am German, so I read it as 'Sechsundachtzig').

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
It's just Mad-Dog AJ. I got one of the simpliest to pronounce names in existence!