How do you sleep?

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
On top ov a pile ov money, viz many beautiful ladies...

With a CPAP machine so I don't suffocate and wake up once a minute.

Also naked

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Continuing our tradition of asking each other about random personal habits, how do you sleep?
Badly. I'm an insomniac. Usually I can sleep for four hours pretty solid when I do get to sleep, it's the getting to sleep that's the main problem.

I mostly sleep on my side, because I snore when I'm on my back and that riles my wife. I also tend to get very hot when I sleep, so I usually prefer relatively light coverings.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I can't sleep with anything on except socks during winter. On my side but I deliberately try to change sides so I dont hurt a shoulder. CPAP machine so my partner can live. Otherwise, she would might get a burst ear drum. Usually 7 to 8 hours but Wednesday I start at 6. And usually play games with my buddies til at least 11 on Tuesday night. So Wednesday always feels long

My partner goes from fully clothed to barely any to naked and its irrelevant of the seasons and I've never been able to discern a rhyme or reason.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I can't sleep most of the time, my routine is not sleeping for 2 or 3 days and then laying down on the couch when I'm finally out of energy until I inevitably wake up and become unable to sleep again, I don't think I've even touched my bed in two months now that I think about it.

Granted this comes in seasons, sometimes I can sleep and that'll last a couple of months when I feel great and like I'm not half-way dead, then it hits and I can't sleep and have no energy at all.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
It varies a lot for me.

As it's summer it's generally naked and under just a sheet.
Winter I will normally wear pyjamas which consist of a T-shirt like top and basically slightly looser boxer shorts.

I'm weird in that I can't sleep with trouser like Pyjamas on but I have to have a sheet on over me.
I normally like to also have my shoulders out and arms on top of my bedclothes (Sheets / Blankets / Duvets.

I seem to have hit a spell of not sleeping well recently which I'm putting down to a mix of Hayfever + recent deep clean I did of my room which means I probably swallowed a fair bit of dust + The whole Pandemic insomnia thing that I think has been hitting some people. Normally I sleep fine but I've spent the past 2 weeks or so having really disturbed nights.

I generally start sleeping on my back but I'm able to move without waking up a fair bit in the night so I generally end up turning onto my side at some point.

The best sleeping positions (and seriously try this is you can) is about 45° propped up using a wall so you're not actually truly on your back or on your side.
Or literally the first air recovery position, it's so nice to sleep in

Also from past experience I sleep far better with another person in the bed with me, I think it's a weird think of having some-one else there to absorb the insane amount of heat I can apparently generate in my sleep such that rooms I've slept in have sometimes ended up about 2° or more higher in temperature than other rooms

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Hybrid stomach/side sleeper. I can pass out while on my back without realizing it but I never actually try to sleep that way. Also I like to wrap myself like a burrito in the covers and it's pretty hard to keep a tight wrap while face up as well.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Naked. But seeing as I'm naked anyway when I'm at home that is not a surprise. I usually sleep on my side with the TV on so I can listen to that rather than stuff my brain wants to think about as my brain can get quite chatty when I'm trying to go to sleep. I will usually roll over in the night and drag all the covers off myself and with me being naked, can come as a shock when I wake up freezing cold in the winter.

I find drinking a few cups of "sleep tea" before bed does generally help me sleep better. Also sometimes when I do struggle to get to sleep, laying on my back helps he get to sleep.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I usually sleep on my side with the TV on so I can listen to that rather than stuff my brain wants to think about as my brain can get quite chatty when I'm trying to go to sleep.
I play Dark Souls in my head to avoid nagging brain thoughts at sleepy time. I know the game backwards and forwards, so in my head, I run through it using different characters and weapons, most that aren't available in the game like light sabers or guns. I'm usually asleep by the time I reach Ornstein and Smough.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I play Dark Souls in my head to avoid nagging brain thoughts at sleepy time. I know the game backwards and forwards, so in my head, I run through it using different characters and weapons, most that aren't available in the game like light sabers or guns. I'm usually asleep by the time I reach Ornstein and Smough.
Wow. That's very specific, and interesting. How'd you start doing this?

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Wow. That's very specific, and interesting. How'd you start doing this?
I have anxiety, so falling asleep without a distraction that keeps me awake like TV or white noise can be tricky. Since Dark Souls is such a static game (enemies are in the exact same places every single time and don't wander,) I basically memorized it over the course of my dozens of playthrough, so, I "play" it in my head. I started a couple years ago, maybe? Can't be sure, but it's pretty much a ritual now. To be clear, I don't play it picking up items, using Estus, upgrading weapons, etc.; I'm not THAT obsessive; I just run through it in "God mode" with weapons and characters that make it a breezy fan fic. It's dumb, but it's a distraction while my mental faculties shut down for sleep.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
on my stomach with tshirt and underware. Sometimes I'll sleep naked but it always feels weird, just sleeping on my back. Occasionally I will sleep on my side, but its rare.