How do you talk to a girl you like

Nerexor

Mar 23, 2009
badgersprite said:
I expel air from my lungs which makes my vocal cords vibrate, producing sound. This sound is then altered by the movement of my lips and tongue, making it form different shapes and sounds which then can be connected together in varying sequences to form words as part of a language. These sounds then vibrate inside her ears, allowing her to hear the sounds, which are in turn processed by her brain, which interprets the meaning of the sounds and recognises them as words.

A little oversimplified, I know, but I hope this has cleared things up.
Dammit, I was going to say this. You did forget to cover the body language aspect though, where by shifting various muscles in the body you adopt stances recognized by the brain to inflect the dynamic of the social interaction.

OT: The one thing is not to overcomplicate talking to her. Talk to her like you would anyone else. If the conversation goes well, invite her someplace to continue it.

Dammit necro'd... But as I've already written this much I'll post anyways, dammit!

And captcha is trying to get me to reconsider: What for

ffs-dontcare

Aug 13, 2009
I keep it real but if she flirts then I flirt back.

I'm focused. I hate aloofness from people.

I wait until I feel we've known each other for long enough. How long, I cannot say. It varies.

Honestly, I just talk to her like I would anyone else.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I'm naturally flirty.

If i'm interested in a lass ... or not in some cases ... I flirt.

I avoid pick up lines though, i've never seen them work .... unless they are hilarious and you know how to use them.

Walking up to a lass and saying "There is something beautiful in your eyes ..... it's my reflection" only works if you are damn good at making it obvious as a joke and not coming off like an arse.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
You talk about the things ou have in common because there is no sense going for a girl who's only characteristic that attracts you is how pretty or hot she is.

LITE992

Jun 18, 2011
Go up and say, "Hi, my name is ____. What's yours?" Continue from there. Talk about your surroundings, class, what event you're at, something she's wearing/carrying, etc. Honestly, girls like it when a guy comes up to them and is friendly right off the bat. It'll leave the best first impression possible. Girls love to talk, so talk!

Treat the whole situation like you were going up to some random guy and saying hello.

As for telling her how you feel, first you need to connect with her. If you're not talking about things that you both have in common, or if you're not enjoying talking to her, then she's not worth your time. Don't waste your time with girls who aren't your type.

Keep your options open, because your next relationship might be with a different girl.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Lilani said:
Keep it real, don't get all flirty unless it comes naturally to your personality. It'll only serve to make things awkward for the both of you.

Also, go for a friendship first. Get to know her and give her a chance to know you, hang out a bit before asking for a relationship. Asking for a relationship on the first go is just weird if you don't already know each other.
I think becoming friends with someone with the express intent of doing the horizontal tango with them is a tad manipulative. I'm a sociopath, but personally I do try to keep that aspect of my personality to a minimum. I use my powers of purely concentrated awesome only for good!

OT: Just treat them like you treat everyone else, and if it seems like something you'd want, ask them out. If it's no, just take it into stride and treat them exactly as before.