How do you talk?

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Strangely I talk a lot like I comment. It's not really natural... or what used to be natural for me. More than a decade of working in radio really changed how I sound. I guess it would be easiest to explain if I...

Hi Escapists (audio hosted on google drive)

So yeah, that is how I talk. As recorded on a mic cheap enough that my company bought it for me yet just good enough for some of the work I do. It's quite a bit better through the audio processing at the studios where I work, but that recording is enough to get the point across. Next time I'll have to throw a blanket or something over me and the mic to kill the cavernous sound of my apartment.
Hhm.... Your voice and way you speak actually fits with your avatar. Sounds like the voice that would come out of someone that looks like that.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Hhm.... Your voice and way you speak actually fits with your avatar. Sounds like the voice that would come out of someone that looks like that.
Wish I had that much hair left, but I thought so too. Although if I was choosing due to what I think I actually sound like it would be some kind of ogre. Like a pasty Shrek or something similar. Never liked how I sound recorded, as strange as that is considering my profession. Most of my coworkers love the sound of their own voice. I'm like a lot of people, I don't. Or at least it sounds better in my head. Enough that I can go with old Masaoka as an avatar.

Last edited:

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Wish I had that much hair left, but I thought so too. Although if I was choosing due to what I think I actually sound like it would be some kind of ogre. Like a pasty Shrek or something similar. Never liked how I sound recorded, as strange as that is considering my profession. Most of my coworkers love the sound of their own voice. I'm like a lot of people, I don't. Or at least it sounds better in my head. Enough that I can go with old Masaoka as an avatar.
Whenever I hear my voice it just sounds so alien to me. I spent a lot of my youth with nasally voice (To put it in perspective, one of my childhood traumas was when a substitute teacher said I sounded like a squeaky toy when I got upset over something) yet now I have such a deep voice that it sounds wrong to hear it.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Thank you. I just showed that to family members, all of whom thought long ago I should have gone into writing. That has opened the can of worms again.

And if you did not, reread that "Thank you" again dripping with the wry sarcastic tone that everyone uses for ".... why did you do that?!"

But on a nonplayful note, thanks. I actually have been thinking about going back into writing. But life and all. The Excuse Universal.
This made me think of this.
Comic_1_1.jpg

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Poorly. Like @davidmc1158, I also feel as though my brain moves faster than my mouth can keep up, which leads to a train wreck of speech. Was so bad that my elementary school had me in speech therapy classes for a few years.

Plus, as my username implies, I have a bit of a mumble problem with my talking. I've been trying to get better at it, but on my worst days I sound like a slowed down version of Boomhauer from KotH.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren