How Does Anyone Play BF3?

Fooz

Oct 22, 2010
just quickly, i only play hardcore as i like the less amount of bullets it takes to kill and how it is more realistic

and i also love BF3 it's just this one thing that annoys me, ok, rant time!

I played BF2 on Xbox 360 a lot, and snipers were quite prevalent, but not annoying as there was no prone etc, now i am playing BF3 on PC and i cannot go anywhere without getting sniped, it is actually ridiculous....

i am in cover - sniped

run down a street - sniped

camp in my spawn - sniped

in a building - sniped

in a vehicle - sniped

it really is getting on my nerves now, and i am not the best battlefield player by any means, but this is taking the piss

i win most of the regular gunfights (as rare as they are) but i cannot beat snipers. /rant

so how are you finding the snipers in BF3 (specifically Rush mode, as i don't play any other mode)

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Sniping on BF3 is unbelievably unbalanced, the starting snipers are absolute ass, but out of pure masochism I guess I stuck with it and got the SV98 eventually, the first unlocked sniper, and suddenly went 48/10, 3+ shots to the heart with that starting sniper is god damned ridiculous

AnarchistAbe

The Original RageQuit Rebel
Sep 10, 2009
It's not my cup of tea. I've never been a DICE fan.

On the contrary, though, I'm having some good times with MW3 on the PC! I just need to get to level 19 before I can play Hardcore :)

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Maybe you should try sniping?

... Sorry, couldn't help it.

But it basically boils down to the fact that sniping, on average, is easier on PC. So, more people snipe.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Snipers are dead easy to deal with if you just look out for the scope flare.

I just switch my M27 IAR to single shot and just fire a load of quick rounds at the bright light. Usually kills them quicker than they can kill me.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
I usually give a mental congrats to anyone who manages to snipe me.
The starting rifles are hopeless so if i get killed with one kudos. As for the the ones you unlock later well they're good.. but screw wasting hours and hours and hours of time with the starting ones.

Anyway if you're having trouble with snipers, thats what the mortar is for.

ThriKreen

May 26, 2006
You get a killcam shot of your killer. Inform your team, work as a group to take them down and suppress the sniper. Remember, BF3 is a TEAM game, why are you trying to lone wolf it?

Rijo

Dec 2, 2008
I think id get afew more kills with my Starting Sniper Rifle if they only let me beat someone to death with it. Go Go Paper-Weight.

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
I rarely get sniped. Mainly because:

1. I stay moving. I'm rarely in the open just standing still, unless I'm sniping, of course.

2. I never expose myself to more than 25m of open space, unless I'm in a vehicle (in which you can see my sniper rifle: the barrel of a tank).

3. If I get sniped, I never go that direction (or anywhere near the same area). Since snipers love to be complacent and stay in the same place, I usually try to find a secondary way around and knife him.

4. If the sniper is just too good, and vehicles are not available, I get out a mortar. Yeah, try sniping me when your cover is disappearing, or you're dying.

Cronq

Oct 11, 2010
Stop playing on HC. Snipers swarm to HC because they can one shot people in the ankles. On normal servers sniping requires skill, so they are completely non issue.