How Drunk is Too Drunk to post?

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
No, seriously, how drunk is too drunk to 'internet'...

'Coz I totally got banned from Twitter for saying '****' too much, which is cultural oppression for an Aussie... but whatever... many dicks can be eaten/

So, How drunk do you, the reader, have to be before you avoid Internetting?

ANSWER ME, GODDAMNIT.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
My body usually tells me by making typing very difficult. Two sentences, and nine squiggly red underlines? Yeah, I'd wager no one wants, cares or needs to see anything I've got to say...

Reactions: Kwak and gorfias

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Only kinda related I guess, but I've been alcohol-free for a little over 4 months (after about 20 years of rarely being so) and I feel excellent. I am drinking cartoonishly large quantities of cherryade and tonic (not at the same time) though.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Only kinda related I guess, but I've been alcohol-free for a little over 4 months (after about 20 years of rarely being so) and I feel excellent. I am drinking cartoonishly large quantities of cherryade and tonic (not at the same time) though.
You're drinking tonic by itself?

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Yeah, I quite like it, though I understand most people don't. To me it's not that different to a gin and tonic.
Why not just seltzer water? I mix mine with vodka, but enjoy seltzer water by itself just fine. Great in the summers.

Reactions: Baffle

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Why not just seltzer water? I mix mine with vodka, but enjoy seltzer water by itself just fine. Great in the summers.
I'm not sure what that is, but I'm guessing soda water or sparkling water? I've never got on with either of those, too much like fizzy aspirin for me.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
When you can't see the letters on the screen is usually my limit.

Or when you find yourself writing something "The Last of Us is not that good" on a Youtube video and expect to get away with it.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Drinking is something I do by myself, as the last thing to do for the day. Homework done, pupper walked, dinner made and kitchen cleaned, everything laid out for tomorrow, and car parked in the garage and pjs on. Now its the time to have a drink. I don't want to go out, I'm not hanging with friends and making an ass of myself, Im not trying to do schoolwork drunk(I know a few who do), Im not cooking, nothing. Drinking time is my time watching a movie or playing a game, just to decompress and relax for the night before bedtime.

So how much is too drunk to post? I'm not sure, because by the time Im drunk I've put posting out of my mind. People ask how I resist drunk tweeting or facebooking or sending a drunk text to an ex, and the answer is simple. Drinking is SilentPony time, not yours, and he's not thinking about other people.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I quite like it, though I understand most people don't. To me it's not that different to a gin and tonic.
I'm a fan of tonic water on its own too (as well as in a G&T). Love bitter flavours. I'm a big fan of bitter things generally, being one myself.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
by the time Im drunk I've put posting out of my mind. People ask how I resist drunk tweeting or facebooking or sending a drunk text to an ex, and the answer is simple.
Fun tangential fact: I once texted a co-worker that I loved her during a spell of drinking. She didn't say anything the next day at work, but as I was scrolling through my text log, I saw it, and she was sitting like 10 feet away from me. I owned it; said "oh shit, I texted you that I love you," and you'd have thought she'd been holding her breath all day; "Oh my God, I didn't know what to say after that!" We're still friends over 10 years later, but to this day, I have no idea what possessed me to text that. I mean, she was hot as hell, but "love" was a bit of a strong come one. Probably could have nailed that one had I been not so stupid, but she's married with a kid now, so yeah...

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I posted here the other day when I was pissed, & had no memory of it. Read it back in the morning and not sure what I was even talking about. Has been deleted now.

So, less drunk than that, I suppose.
I think you just won this thread. My very thoughts.
If after a binge one later see their posts and think someone hacked theirr account... like that. Already way past where one should have stopped.