How Drunk is Too Drunk to post?

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
There is no level of wastedness that would make me avoid the internet. I think I only really stop at the point where reading is too difficult, but that's more down to capability than any acceptance that I shouldn't be posting.

Reactions: gorfias

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Drinking is something I do by myself, as the last thing to do for the day. Homework done, pupper walked, dinner made and kitchen cleaned, everything laid out for tomorrow, and car parked in the garage and pjs on. Now its the time to have a drink. I don't want to go out, I'm not hanging with friends and making an ass of myself, Im not trying to do schoolwork drunk(I know a few who do), Im not cooking, nothing. Drinking time is my time watching a movie or playing a game, just to decompress and relax for the night before bedtime.

So how much is too drunk to post? I'm not sure, because by the time Im drunk I've put posting out of my mind. People ask how I resist drunk tweeting or facebooking or sending a drunk text to an ex, and the answer is simple. Drinking is SilentPony time, not yours, and he's not thinking about other people.

It seems even the Batman follows your example.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where

It seems even the Batman follows your example.
Its funny because I know people who are the exact opposite and view drinking by yourself as incredibly unhealthy. They think drinking is for parties and being out of the house. And its just not for me. I do like drinking with friends, but I've seen good friends make an ass of themselves because they were too deep into their cups, and its something I dread. Plus I hate letting other people drive, I insist on driving, so I always gotta be able to drive myself home.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Its funny because I know people who are the exact opposite and view drinking by yourself as incredibly unhealthy. They think drinking is for parties and being out of the house. And its just not for me. I do like drinking with friends, but I've seen good friends make an ass of themselves because they were too deep into their cups, and its something I dread. Plus I hate letting other people drive, I insist on driving, so I always gotta be able to drive myself home.
Drinking alone has the stigma of unhealthiness because so may associate drinking with social activity, so when you're drinking alone, you're ostensibly battle demons or depression as the harshness of your reality is too hard to face sober. And that's nonsense. Nothing wrong with grabbing a bottle of your favorite spirit, ordering a large pizza, turning on a movie that reminds you about your ex, eating the whole pizza by yourself, contemplating suicide for a couple of minutes, crying into a pillow, then waking up the next morning in your underwear and vomit on your shirt.

In all seriousness, there's nothing wrong with drinking alone, eating alone, smoking alone, etc. Any activity acceptable in a group is equally acceptable alone... except group discussions.

Reactions: Kwak

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
There's drinking alone and there's 'drinking' alone, if you know what I mean.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
In all seriousness, there's nothing wrong with drinking alone, eating alone, smoking alone, etc. Any activity acceptable in a group is equally acceptable alone... except group discussions.
It's okay to get into arguments with major appliances. If you start losing those arguments, however, you should seek help.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Only kinda related I guess, but I've been alcohol-free for a little over 4 months (after about 20 years of rarely being so) and I feel excellent. I am drinking cartoonishly large quantities of cherryade and tonic (not at the same time) though.
Follow-up: I made the rest of my first year dry (easily tbh, once I found things to fill the time), though I no longer drink tonic. Now working on my horrendous energy drink problem - harder to crack in some ways because they lack the social opprobrium and having three energy drinks in the morning doesn't actually stop you doing other stuff you might want to do (except sleep).

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I've never been drunk in my entire life, and I still probably shouldn't be posting. Like for example posting that I've never been drunk, making me come across as a total dweeb. Or posting the word 'dweeb'.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I've never been drunk in my entire life, and I still probably shouldn't be posting. Like for example posting that I've never been drunk, making me come across as a total dweeb. Or posting the word 'dweeb'.
I don't think I've ever used the word dweeb unironically this century, but otherwise I resemble that remark. Been a little tipsy on champagne at some celebration when I was a young'un, was embarassed and decided never again.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Dunno, I came here to drunk post because I haven't been here since highschool. I hope everyone here has been swell.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Dunno, I came here to drunk post because I haven't been here since highschool. I hope everyone here has been swell.
Welcome back, I do remember your name and avatar.
It's the same group of about 20 (maybe a generous estimate) of us old dinosaurs posting about the same old shit.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Welcome back, I do remember your name and avatar.
It's the same group of about 20 (maybe a generous estimate) of us old dinosaurs posting about the same old shit.
(Plus some dinosaur hunters.)

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde