How far would you go for a game you really like?

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I bought a few games a few times for different platforms.
Too bad the PC port of Saints Row 2 was utter shite.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Believe it or not, I've actually bought games that me and my bro have a mutual interest in just so that he could not have that game over my head. He gets p***ed off rather easily and gets into a fit where I can't use his things (hence why I do not own too many Wii games).

The first loss that I've suffered was Uncharted 3 that he received for Christmas. To this day, I have not played the game because my bro has not opened it yet, and he refuses anyone else to play it first.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Vault101 said:
well I heard mostly praise for oblivion...and LOTS of hype for skyrim, compared to the reception of DA2 and the generally attitude surrounding Bioware thease days...well Im sure you can figure...
Yeah but I figured if it didn't live up to expectations the fallout would be horrible...

LordFisheh

Dec 31, 2008
The first Mass Effect. Oh man. It played like crap on my laptop several years ago, and had some kind of glitch on my PC which made it utterly unplayable. I spent months trying to fix that on and off but never managed to. It was only a few years later, when I got a new PC for other reasons, that I could actually play the damn thing.

Totally worth it though.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
I suppose I'm a bit boring, I haven't necessarily done anything crazy although I have bought The Orange Box twice. I used to share a PS3 with my brother, but then got a 360 of my very own for my birthday in preperation for moving away for Uni. While I was happy enough to sell on/leave most of my old games behind having either gotten all the play I needed from them or they were exclusives, I really felt that I needed more than simply 2/3 playthroughs of most of the games and so purchased The Orange Box all over again. Couldn't resist. Yet to do anything overly crazy, but then ME3 has yet to come out. I may end up stabbing someone over that. 0_0 Just kidding...*twitch*...[sub]mostly.[/sub]

- Omni ^_^

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
Can't say I've done all that crazy stuff over games. I've only bought some games twice (BF2 and 2142 come to mind) and imported some from the US to get the Limited Editions.

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
the craziest thing i did, was pre order Mass Effect 2 the day before it shipped(and it shipped on a thursday, which i am pissed about still). the reason i did so, is because GameStop had an awesome pre-order deal: bring in 2 games, and pay 1 euro. was totally worth it.

more recently i pre-ordered Mass Effect 3... and am even more pissed, that the release will be on a FUCKING THURSDAY!!!

crazyarms33

Nov 24, 2011
I have purchased the Diablo 2 Battle Chest three times already and now I can't find my discs so it looks round 4 is right around the corner.

Schuldrich

Jan 16, 2010
I traded a copy of Secret of mana with the three player adapter for a copy of Earthbound. In my defense the copy of Earthbound was in mint condition with strat and all. Most people would favor the former though since it's not too common to have both secret of mana and the adapter.

And I actually can't think of how many copies I've had of gitaroo man. I just kind've lose them or they get scratched. Which reminds me mine's scratched...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I spend a few pounds to buy a character slot just so I can play as the Mesmer in Guild Wars (overall I found playing as a Mesmer quite difficult) and I spend again to buy the Bonus Mission Pack from the same game just beacuse I wanted the exclusive Undead Dagger from that pack.
I usually the type who refuse online purchase for games but I gave in for Guild Wars.

Gregg Lonsdale

Jan 14, 2011
I would suck off Jonathan Blow (or blow him, whichever's funnier) for an early go at the new game he's making, The Witness. I have no way of knowing if it would be worth it, but the premise is intriguing and they've apparently incorporated actual professional architects into the level design process, which will either make a good game excellent or have it turn out like the water physics in Hydrophobia (the equivalent of putting glitter and tassels onto a bread and butter sandwich).

Don't taze me bro

Feb 26, 2009
As 12 year olds, a friend and I rode our bicycles from one side of town to the other to play the newly delivered arcade machine of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It was approximately 2 hours of pedaling there and back, and totally worth it. :D

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Kajt said:
Can't say I've done all that crazy stuff over games. I've only bought some games twice (BF2 and 2142 come to mind) and imported some from the US to get the Limited Editions.
that fact that I went out...and got battlefeild 3..oh a whim...a day or two after release...shows I was having a moment of crazy

I was just like

"I wanna play military online FPS !!!"

just...yeah

(and I hesitate to call it "brown" because I dont think thats really fair)

Jan 23, 2010
OmniscientOstrich said:
I suppose I'm a bit boring, I haven't necessarily done anything crazy although I have bought The Orange Box twice. I used to share a PS3 with my brother, but then got a 360 of my very own for my birthday in preperation for moving away for Uni. While I was happy enough to sell on/leave most of my old games behind having either gotten all the play I needed from them or they were exclusives, I really felt that I needed more than simply 2/3 playthroughs of most of the games and so purchased The Orange Box all over again. Couldn't resist. Yet to do anything overly crazy, but then ME3 has yet to come out. I may end up stabbing someone over that. 0_0 Just kidding...*twitch*...[sub]mostly.[/sub]

- Omni ^_^
On topic. Nothing really. I would never ever purchase a game again or buy it at higher price since I always price check every game I buy. I also usually delay buying a game unless I am really really hyped, as with games like Skyrim.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
The Almighty Grigard said:
On topic. Nothing really. I would never ever purchase a game again or buy it at higher price since I always price check every game I buy. I also usually delay buying a game unless I am really really hyped, as with games like Skyrim.
Heh, heh. :) Well, I figured the blinding white that was introduced in the Escapist's design overhaul would have already burnt everyone's retinas beyond repair, so a little luminescent blue wouldn't really do that much more damage.

- Omni ^_^