How has The Escapist enriched your life?

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Escapism UK... Actually meeting people in real life with similar interests to me was ace! Seriously... that is the best thing I had from the 'pist!

MtnGamer

Jun 21, 2012
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
Escapism UK... Actually meeting people in real life with similar interests to me was ace! Seriously... that is the best thing I had from the 'pist!
Since visiting The Escapist, I've met a lot of nice people like Watson. And I was invited to participate in many podcasts which was a new experience. Good times.

Dec 14, 2009
What's all this touchy feely crap?

Guys, we have a job to do!

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in the Daystar who believes in you! Your drill is the drill that will pierce the Heavens!

Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!

Escapist!

[HEADING=2]Spin on![/HEADING]

[HEADING=1]Just who the hell do you think we are?![/HEADING]

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
Rather than enriching my life it's wasted a lot of my time. Enriched it though? Don't think so, I just come here to express an opinion and get news.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Introduced me to Cracked, KnowYourMeme, some webcomics (most notably MSPA), TvTropes, 1d4chan, and probably a few others I can't remember right now.
Edit: It was also pretty fun on its own.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Sarah Kerrigan said:
You quite possibly have the most badass username I have encountered on the escapist. I may not be a fan of RTS games, but I do love me some starcraft (having grown up with it), I'll give you three guesses who my favourite character is? :D

(By the way, "Nugget" is an adorable nickname.)
Oh thanks <3 I share the name of the queen of Blades (Sarah XD) and it's been a nickname of mine since I started playing it. My favorite character is actually Raynor XD

Thanks <3 He first called me that so I followed :p

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
RipVanTinkle said:
Nouw said:
I like your avatar as well, Black Rock Shooter is it? Admittedly it's a rather uneducated guess on my part >.>.
Indeed it is! Something about Black Rock Shooter's (She needs a shorter name) design is intriguing, I can't quite put my finger on it. While the anime itself is flawed in its own right, I did end up falling in love with it due to my interpretation of BRS herself. She's almost a blank-slate, but to me, she represented unending determination and the ability to always get back on her feet and face her fears. Then again, she didn't face her fears (in my mind) she actively pursued them in order to destroy her weakness...While that may not be canon...Her character will always represent calm and calculated determination.
Flawed? In what ways? *please not pacing, please not pacing.*

You analysed her character, that's admirable. Not too many people bother to do that themselves.

Also, congratulations on making a positive thread that reminisces the past without it devolving into something entirely else ^_^. It's quite refreshing to see a thread like this.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
I've got nobody in real life (besides my wife) that I can talk to about video games and geeky stuff. A couple of "friends" have come and gone here, always willing to make some real friends through here. It's also amazingly good at filling in those little gaps in the day.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
RipVanTinkle said:
PsychicTaco115 said:
ONE OF US, ONE OF US!
And you! Them avatar's of yours (How many have you HAD!? I'm curious...), they never cease to entertain, along with your humour. :)

I'm loved! *glomp*
I AM LOVED IN RETURN! FEELS GOOD!

I have no idea how many I've gone through... 50? Maybe? Hard to tell >.>

So many things and such and more things

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
TopazFusion said:
sky14kemea said:
Also, becoming a Moderator was a great way to find out how forums work behind the scenes. Plus it's a handy thing to put on my resumé to explain what I've been doing for the last few years. (Since I'm currently unemployed).
*unemployed brofist*

Hmm, I never thought about putting it on my CV. That actually seems like a really good idea.

Oh, and...
When I first started working here (a few years before the Escapist was started), it was for a customer support position [http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/36/view/news/read/1120/Nevrax-and-Themis-Group-Deal.html]. My experience listed included supermarket cashier, college IT helldesk, and forum [http://www.turnengine.com/forums/member.php?3-Azhrarn] moderation [http://forums.ceruleanstudios.com/member.php?u=688]. :D

SadisticFire

Oct 1, 2012
knight steel said:
[sub]must[/sub].........
[sub][sub]reist[/sub][/sub]
GWAAHHHHHHHHHHAAAA I can't do it I have to much love for you guys
It takes a lot to make me smile, much less d'aww. That did it. *claps and pats on back* GOod job.

On more track, it's more of passing time I suppose. The Escapist gives me a lot of news to read during my first and third period, while the forums are interesting to lurk around on. Kinda too shy to post though most of the time. But other than that really there isn't much that it enriches. It's more of a place I go to to read and pass time when I don't know what to do with my life. Which I guess is better, staves off depression a little longer.

Off note again; I got a new desk to use! No longer having to type on my lap with keyboard and a monitor ten feet away from me. Woo hoo

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
the escapist introduced me to a wider world of gaming outside of retro and nintendo game. I've made friends and this is the best online community I've ever been in.

The best gif in the world
http://imgur.com/qrLEV.gif

Kiba The Wolf

Aug 7, 2009
This website has hugely impacted my life, I have created deep friendships with some of the best people I could ask for as friends and I have been introduced to a lot of awesome things that I would have otherwise missed out on.

So yeah, thanks Escapist.

Liviola

May 9, 2011
With the kind of content the site runs (or at least used to run: the thoughtful pseudo-academic writing about games in the feature articles that used to be on the main page), I feel like I can trust these forums to have a healthy cross section of the population who have similar interests as me.

Also, the Escapist contains Yahtzee, who contains the best ideas ever. I have been enriched by those ideas.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Well, I don't really come here for enrichment. I come for entertainment. That's a biiit different in my opinion.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
RipVanTinkle said:
Casual Shinji said:
You're an oasis!
EVA fans unite! We've already connected and bonded somewhat. Like hell am I going to miss the opportunity to mention your awesomeness again. :D
Excellent! That means we're one step closer to Intrumentality.

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
It showed me that I'm not alone with my various social issues, especially my desperation and constant failure to find a girlfriend. It gives me relief to know that others are in the same boat and think the same way as I do.

May 28, 2009
prophecy2514 said:
the escapist has given me better insight into games I probably never would have tried if not for the mad ravings of forum contributers here - mass effect (series to be more accurate), the witcher 2, Bioshock are a few titles that I would have probably looked over for example. To be fair its recommended me shit games before too (alpha protocol, dragon age origins), but more enjoyable titles than duds

and also, teh lols. I love seeing people rage about first world problems on this site

Ditto reminds me that stupid people still exist while paradoxically make me realize that not everyone is a fooligan.