How has your quarantine/lockdown been going?

Master Of Puppets

Apr 5, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
Not so great, tbh.

My little business is in limbo and I'm going stir crazy. I've had problems for a long time with my mental health and total lack of attention span or ability to sit still. I always filled the time with sports and guitar.

So... I'm playing a lot of guitar.

Yoshi

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
I can't take the Fallout games seriously anymore because COVID19 has proven that there is no way Americans would stay in a vault for that long. :3

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I can't take the Fallout games seriously anymore because COVID19 has proven that there is no way Americans would stay in a vault for that long. :3
Well, considering most of the vaults were pretty much sociological experiments made by guys who think Ethics are for nerds.........

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
You don't know how anti-social you really are, until a lockdown happens and you realize your social life doesn't change that much.

Reactions: Yoshi

Wintermute

Elite Member
Apr 25, 2020
Pindorama
I've been ignoring it completely for the past 2 weeks or so. In retrospect I should have ignored it from the start. I tried the whole "netflix and chill" thing, I stayed inside as much as possible for about 2 months, my small business went to shit, I don't qualify for the scraps the government is giving, and I can't get a loan either because my business went to shit. So to keep from going insane, I said fuck this.

For the sake of others, I still take all the precautions, I walk around with a little hand sanitizer, I do the "social distancing" thing, I'll keep a 50 meter distance if possible, I'll wear masks in the dumbest situations, but I'm done staying inside like an idiot, waiting for even bigger idiots to come up with a plan. Oh yeah, 2+ months later and we still don't have a plan. We're winging it like we always do. I figured by now we'd be talking about reopening things, but nope. You have cities here and there, states here and there that did a decent job, but other than that...

Brazilians in general don't seem to care, and this is made worse by a retarded president doing his best to say "it's just a flu, bro". You literally have people saying what we should be really worried about is COMMUNISTS, it's all fake, people don't believe the number of deaths, insisting HURRRRRRRR EVERY DEATH IS COVID19 NOW, GLOBALISTS, JEWS, NEW WORLD ORDER, ILLUMINATI, am I forgeting something? Probably.

It's fucking stupid.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Sadly I'm no longer in quarantine, because I work for my state government, and they are officially open.

We have drastically changed our policy on seeing clients, as it's now appointment only, and we require masks, and limit the number of people in the office at any time. Otherwise it was fine. I'm a fairly...well I won't say anti-social, but it is normal for me to just stay at home and play video games and watch movies with my wife. The only thing that stopped, is my weekly visit to some friends, where we would play table top games, and watch movies. But I still chat with them online, in the various games we play together, so it's not really a big transition. They are equally insular dudes, so the idea that they haven't seen me in a few months isn't a detriment to anything. It's just how things are.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
I work as a hotel night auditor, so I remained employed througout the lockdown... albeit largely in the capacity of being paid to spend all night listening to youtube on my phone, since for a solid 2 months there we didn't get a significant amount of business.

Employment aside, the pandemic necessitated no change in behavior from me. I treated other people like zombies before the plague, so there wasn't much adjustment to be had. I'm introverted to such a degree that it's likely a mental condition... like, Emily Dickinson levels of introversion. If I didn't need to work to live, and buy food and whatnot... I think most days I wouldn't even leave my room, much less my house. Just take care of my fish and birds and play video games all day. If I won the lottery tomorrow, no one, not even my closest loved ones, would probably ever see me again.

So, I guess if nothing else, the quarantine helped me realize that much about myself.:unsure:

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
So I decided to try out vegetarianism, well non strict lacto-ovo vegetarianism anyway so a dogmatic vegan would still think I'm a monster.

I started eating a lot more mushrooms, then I started buying mushroom growing kits because they cost around what I'm spending on mushrooms at around $5 AUD for a pack of mushrooms vs a kit for $25 giving me similar yields to 5 packs.

So now I'm growing mushrooms! I've been buying heaps of straw, hardwood pellets and learning with trial by error how to grow mushrooms.

Shits kinda complicated but if you get a few key steps right you can basically sit back and watch them grow. In some ways its complex but without the weeding I think it's easier than normal gardening.

I've got oyster mushrooms growing, white and brown caps, and wine caps half seeded in the garden and half in my own tub of attempted grow mix.

I'm debating spending a decent amount of coin on things like a sterile box with a flow hood, petri dishes and a pressure cooker.
IMG20200601190903.jpgIMG20200527174411.jpgIMG20200601190903.jpgIMG20200508160937.jpg

Reactions: lil devils x

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
So I decided to try out vegetarianism, well non strict lacto-ovo vegetarianism anyway so a dogmatic vegan would still think I'm a monster.

I started eating a lot more mushrooms, then I started buying mushroom growing kits because they cost around what I'm spending on mushrooms at around $5 AUD for a pack of mushrooms vs a kit for $25 giving me similar yields to 5 packs.

So now I'm growing mushrooms! I've been buying heaps of straw, hardwood pellets and learning with trial by error how to grow mushrooms.

Shits kinda complicated but if you get a few key steps right you can basically sit back and watch them grow. In some ways its complex but without the weeding I think it's easier than normal gardening.

I've got oyster mushrooms growing, white and brown caps, and wine caps half seeded in the garden and half in my own tub of attempted grow mix.

I'm debating spending a decent amount of coin on things like a sterile box with a flow hood, petri dishes and a pressure cooker.
View attachment 172View attachment 173View attachment 172View attachment 174
You have gone full blown Gnome by this point.

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
All I can think about in response is that damn I'm a gnome meme.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Is this thread gnomes now?

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Gotta say, its going pretty damn well.

I've been off work for about 10 weeks, but im in the UK, so Im getting paid 80% of my normal wages, which works out to about the same as I was earning from my previous job - and im doing nothing but playing games.

Ive made a pretty significant dent into my backlog of games, which is pretty nice, and I've spent a lot of quality time with my girlfriend, who moved in with me in September last year.

Its pretty crazy to me, to think that this will probably be the most uninterrupted time that I will spend not working, doing the things that I acutally want to do, until I retire - unless I win the lottery or something.

Otherwise, its a bit of a bummer that I haven't seen my parents in mid-March, and it is pretty likely that im not going to be seeing my brother's soon-to-be newborn for a while, but I guess due to the wonders of modern technology, things like Facetime make distance a lot shorter.

But yeah, going great!

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Well, considering most of the vaults were pretty much sociological experiments made by guys who think Ethics are for nerds.........
That part always confused me. Why did VaultTech do it? Like what was the reasoning behind experiments? Some of them I can see as valuable like the freeze people from Fallout 4, but others are like "Lets splice humans with plants and release radioactive buttsquirrels into the air supply" just to see what happens?

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
That part always confused me. Why did VaultTech do it? Like what was the reasoning behind experiments? Some of them I can see as valuable like the freeze people from Fallout 4, but others are like "Lets splice humans with plants and release radioactive buttsquirrels into the air supply" just to see what happens?
It's a satire in some instances and parody in others of certain American science experiments of yesteryear, such as the Tuskegee syphillis experiments, Milgram experiments, and especially the CIA's fuckery with MKUltra. The "ends justify the means" ones. It's an element of stylization for the setting and doesn't make any more rational sense than genetically engineering Deathclaws from chameleons.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I am 27 years old...and I still don't have my driver's license.

I was actually working to get my license and practice driving a car, infact I have driven in the highway before and did good, so it seemed like it was a matter of when, not if, that I get my real license.

The the Coronavirus outbreak happened.....

And I was looking forward to actually trying to find a job now that I got the training to drive at all.

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
I am 27 years old...and I still don't have my driver's license.

I was actually working to get my license and practice driving a car, infact I have driven in the highway before and did good, so it seemed like it was a matter of when, not if, that I get my real license.

The the Coronavirus outbreak happened.....

And I was looking forward to actually trying to find a job now that I got the training to drive at all.
Cars are money holes anyway. I made the recent decision to give up on owning a car for now and suddenly I'm actually able to save money. I'm on the dole right now but I need money saved to help me get a job as moving and paying bonds(about a months rent) to rent is expensive. Any money I managed to save either got blown paying for the cars repair or more likely the cars registration, and the fuel was a couple hundred a month that I could save.

Having a licence is important to keep your options open, but having a car is overrated in the age of carpooling and ubers. Except if you live somewhere rural or have a job that requires travel(but If I get a job like that lucky for me I can borrow my parents car until I can afford a new vehicle, I'd just get a bomb quick off facebook.)

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Cars are money holes anyway. I made the recent decision to give up on owning a car for now and suddenly I'm actually able to save money. I'm on the dole right now but I need money saved to help me get a job as moving and paying bonds(about a months rent) to rent is expensive. Any money I managed to save either got blown paying for the cars repair or more likely the cars registration, and the fuel was a couple hundred a month that I could save.

Having a licence is important to keep your options open, but having a car is overrated in the age of carpooling and ubers. Except if you live somewhere rural or have a job that requires travel(but If I get a job like that lucky for me I can borrow my parents car until I can afford a new vehicle, I'd just get a bomb quick off facebook.)
Well the thing is I don't have any close personal friends. I'm pretty much alone with my family, And my family pretty much also wants me to drive. My father and brother especially. So my carpooling options are limited.

And I honestly never heard of "ubering" before.

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
Well the thing is I don't have any close personal friends. I'm pretty much alone with my family, And my family pretty much also wants me to drive. My father and brother especially. So my carpooling options are limited.

And I honestly never heard of "ubering" before.
Oh Uber is basically a cheaper taxi done by people who I think sign up through the phone app named Uber to transport people and get way underpayed. I only looked into their wages years ago but at the time after math they were basically trading their cars maitenance and fuel for money now they'd pay later. (Unless they had mechanic skills to fix their vehicles theirselves)