How is Hyrule warriors?

heroofheroin

Feb 26, 2015
Thinking about picking this up, one of the few U exclusives I haven't played. I love Zelda, and I never had a problem playing warriors games.

What did you guys think of it?

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
It's basically a love letter from Dynasty Warriors to the Zelda series.

If you like Dynasty Warriors, you'll like it, if you love Zelda too, GET it :)

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
If you like both series then there is little reason for the game to disappoint you. Its pure fanservice for both.

I do feel the game is at its weakest when its channeling Zelda and at it strongest as a warrior game. I expected that and thus have no problem with it but HW is clearly more Warriors then Zelda.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
If you enjoy Dynasty Warriors, you're going to like this from a gameplay standpoint. If you like Legend of Zelda, you'll like the theme. If you don't want to get the DLC, the game itself is packed with unlockables. I haven't played it recently but it's a game that I have enjoyed quite a lot. There's a lot more polish with this than there was with Fist of the North Star...Warriors...and...well I've only played the first DW-Gundam so I don't know how much those have improved since the first...

Naraku578

Dec 3, 2014
The game is not too deep or complicated, however it is a good way to kill a lot of time and have fun. Totally worth getting.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
As a hack'n'slash and Zelda fan, I'm finding it a ton of fun. Especially as new characters and weapons get released (that's how I always wanted the Spinner to work!).

My only complaint is that it's too hard to get magic...doesn't help that I don't own the game myself (play it at a friend's house), and every character has two ultimate attacks from magic. I haven't even seen most of those.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
NeutralDrow said:
As a hack'n'slash and Zelda fan, I'm finding it a ton of fun. Especially as new characters and weapons get released (that's how I always wanted the Spinner to work!).

My only complaint is that it's too hard to get magic...doesn't help that I don't own the game myself (play it at a friend's house), and every character has two ultimate attacks from magic. I haven't even seen most of those.
Did they make the spinner like a skateboard that you can ride anywhere and do tricks and stuff?
That's what I wish it was in Twilight Princess, instead of that thing you can only use in certain spots

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Alfador_VII said:
It's basically a love letter from Dynasty Warriors to the Zelda series.

If you like Dynasty Warriors, you'll like it, if you love Zelda too, GET it :)
Yeah pretty much. It's basically Dynasty Warriors with a Zelda skin. So if you like DW, you will enjoy it. You don't really have to have any love/knowledge of Zelda to play it, like myself. But I've got a friend who is a huge fan of Zelda, and she got the game, and loves the hell out of it. I've played it with her and we've had a blast. But yeah, it's Dynasty Warriors, Zelda style. So if those things are enjoyable to you, you'll most likely enjoy the game.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
DrownedAmmet said:
NeutralDrow said:

Did they make the spinner like a skateboard that you can ride anywhere and do tricks and stuff?
That's what I wish it was in Twilight Princess, instead of that thing you can only use in certain spots
<url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63t3I5uVqXY>Yep. And its special trick is that it leaves duplicates of itself as field hazards.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
NeutralDrow said:

Well to be fair, magic is a supercharge meter that can make you an absolute beast in a fight. While active you can shield break any opponent short of a giant monster and your power attack with the meter grants a break meter on the target that lasts twice as long as almost any other break meter in the game. Given that, it makes sense for the magic vials to be hard to get.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I've probably played it too much since it came out last year. It's good fun, not necessarily an amazing game. It was the first Warriors type game I played, and I loved it more than I thought it would.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
You'll love it. Cameos of allies and enemies are great, and the combos can be fun to execute (and you'll be doing them a lot).

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Fun throughout, but it does get grindy as fuck if you're going after the challenge/adventure maps for the character and costume unlocks.