How is Miley Cyrus the worst influence for teens?

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
TeragRunner said:
I'm my defense I only how this because it came up on that annoying pop up when you sign into AIM.

Anyway, according to this poll Miley Cyrus is the worst influence on teens to which I ask: How? Ok maybe she tells young girls you can get famous through mediocre acting and selling out to Disney but the same goes for pretty much anything that graces the Disney logo. At least the modern things. Anyway, the poll also lists others, Lindsey Lohan, Paris Hilton, Amy Whinehouse, and Britney spears. How the hell does Miley Cyrus win?

I'm not defending Cyrus, I don't like the show or her music (I did think she hot 3 years ago but then I hit puberty)but how does she beat out druggies, people with sex tapes, and what ever you want to describe the rest of them as. Maybe it's just me but I'd rather my daughter be a bad singer then a good singer with drug problems.
You know, it is really ridiculous how she won the Grammy over, was it Beyonce? And the whole thing about the bad singer over the good singer with drug problems is true. I'd rather have the same thing.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
TeragRunner said:
I'm my defense I only how this because it came up on that annoying pop up when you sign into AIM.

Anyway, according to this poll Miley Cyrus is the worst influence on teens to which I ask: How? Ok maybe she tells young girls you can get famous through mediocre acting and selling out to Disney but the same goes for pretty much anything that graces the Disney logo. At least the modern things. Anyway, the poll also lists others, Lindsey Lohan, Paris Hilton, Amy Whinehouse, and Britney spears. How the hell does Miley Cyrus win?

I'm not defending Cyrus, I don't like the show or her music (I did think she hot 3 years ago but then I hit puberty)but how does she beat out druggies, people with sex tapes, and what ever you want to describe the rest of them as. Maybe it's just me but I'd rather my daughter be a bad singer then a good singer with drug problems.
Lohan, Hilton, Winhouse, and Spears make no attempt to act like they are anything more than money whores.

Cyrus' whole thing was "I'm pure, I'm innocent, Jesus thinks I am the bombest shit this side of the Atlantic."

I wouldn't hate her so much if it weren't for the fact that she is no more talented than the average talented singer at your local high school.

So many times I hear songs on the radio these days and say "Is that X?" and get back from the person in the passenger seat "No that is Y."

Everyone in pop seems to be sounding more and more the same because they aren't getting exceptionally talented people, they are just getting attractive people who at least don't squeak when they sing (usually).

whaleswiththumbs said:
Well she is supposed to be a role model to young girls and she "leaks" controversial pics of herself onto the web, then pole dances on tv... Thats exactly how all 11 yr old girls should act..
Pedobear approves!

A random person said:
Because she's a popular teen idol and thus sexing up our youth. And sex is evil.

But as for my thoughts, as much as I dislike her show and music, she earned my respect when she supported gay rights and got criticized by the American Family Association. The Jonas Brothers, on the other hand, will be thrown into a volcano along with their purity rings.
I got confused because I thought the Jonas Brothers were gay.

I dunno. I just thought that Disney would hire a bunch of gay guys to do the purity ring thing because obviously they won't be horning over the ladies.

How naive I was I suppose.

mrhappyface

Jul 25, 2009
Wow? Everyone I was with wanted to be like Robocop or Dirty Harry or some kind of totem of masculinity. The girls wanted to be like Ripley from Aliens or Lara Croft or some other ridiculous action girl hero.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
FirstToStrike said:
TeragRunner said:

You know, it is really ridiculous how she won the Grammy over, was it Beyonce? And the whole thing about the bad singer over the good singer with drug problems is true. I'd rather have the same thing.
I still can't believe that the other girl beat beyonce. The one that Kanye crashed the awards on.

Babies all over youtube dancing to Beyonce. Don't see any of them dancing to any of these other punks ;).

Sounds stupid but babies are the quickest way to get an objective take on music. Since they haven't gotten old enough to suck at life yet ;).

CheeseSandwichCake

May 23, 2009
DarkRyter said:
Pff, she's not a horrible role model for teens.

[http://img98.imageshack.us/i/hitlerf.jpg/]

This guy is. He is much much worse. I thought that'd be kind of obvious.
You sir have just won the game.

Yeah, Miley Cyrus isn't the worst role model in the worst role model in the world, we have teenagers who're smoking and doing drugs because famous rappers do it. The rolemodels for the BOYS are a lot worse than the girl ones, trust me.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
She's a dumb twat face ***** who can't sing/act for shit.

That being said, there are plenty of other people I can think of who are worse than her as a role model. But, if you look up to Miley Cyrus, you're already a fucking idiot.

Jun 15, 2009
Origin Of Resistance said:
She gives the impression on Disney she's all fun and loving but really she's a bit of a harlot. And my example of this is the fact she's like what? 16? And she was posting pictures of her sitting on some guys lap on the internet.

That is not a good role model. (In my eyes)

Edit: http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/miley-cyrus-bikini-pictures.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bittenandbound.com/2008/01/25/miley-cyrus-controversial-myspace-photos-leaked/&usg=__VMeSKjMsKvRspCN7eJ0n9ijazOw=&h=631&w=476&sz=47&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=_RX1aY3GYDHkiM:&tbnh=137&tbnw=103&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmiley%2Bcyrus%2Bcontroversial%2Bpictures%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG%26um%3D1 ...

/thread.
Holy shit a 16 year old in a Bikini! That's NEVER happened before! I mean, it's not like normal 16 year olds wear bikinis in pools or at the beach, I know all my friends wear turtlenecks to outings so they don't fall prey to outside influence.
Seriously though, Miley Cyrus is just fine, I can't believe you're fretting over something so trivial.

Also, to all the muppets who say she can't sing, you have NO idea what you're talking about. I'd like to see any of you hold a tune, and if I'm right, tonnes of escapist members listen to metal, which is the most tuneless, talent-devoid genre there is. It makes Miley Cyrus look like Michael Jackson.

Enzeru92

Oct 18, 2008
I don't think she's a bad influence i mean what extremely bad thing has she done!!!!

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
HG131 said:
PublicFriendly said:
I like to say because she simply exists lol but thats just mean. Honestly she is no better than half the people that we follow aimlessly around in magizine and on E! network but who cares. I mean I dont hate her because she did the Asian Eye thing. No sir. I hate whichever Jonas Brother did though, simply because he isnt hott like her lol.

Honestly why did kids have those weird role models like Jesus and Hannah Montanna these days. I remember in my day I wanted to be like Goku.
Really? I'd rather be Gordon Freeman. Brains and brawn.
Would you? You mean you wouldn't mind waiting the 20 years doing nothing in between your episodic quests?

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
She's not the worst, she's just the most annoying. Its like Twilight. On its own merits its a pretty good book. Its just it fucks with Vampires, and its started a trend that can only get worse.

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
Chesterfield Snapdragon McFisticuffs said:
Holy shit a 16 year old in a Bikini! That's NEVER happened before! I mean, it's not like normal 16 year olds wear bikinis in pools or at the beach, I know all my friends wear turtlenecks to outings so they don't fall prey to outside influence.
Seriously though, Miley Cyrus is just fine, I can't believe you're fretting over something so trivial.
See, this part of your post was A-Okay, but then...

Chesterfield Snapdragon McFisticuffs said:
Also, to all the muppets who say she can't sing, you have NO idea what you're talking about. I'd like to see any of you hold a tune, and if I'm right, tonnes of escapist members listen to metal, which is the most tuneless, talent-devoid genre there is. It makes Miley Cyrus look like Michael Jackson.
All us "muppets"? And then you pull "Well, you can't carry a tune..." Fuck, you're right. I'm also not allowed to like certain foods since I'm not a chef, I suppose.

And then some something stupid about metal. It's not one genre, for future reference. Everything from Avant-Garde to Celtic, Viking to Neo Classical. Seriously, there's a type of Metal for everyone. Don't be an idiot.

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
Mrsnugglesworth said:
She's not the worst, she's just the most annoying. Its like Twilight. On its own merits its a pretty good book. Its just it fucks with Vampires, and its started a trend that can only get worse.
Uh...have you, perchance, actually read that thing? I did, just to see what the craze was about. Trust me. It is as bad or worse than the hideous fad it spawned.

Grand_Arcana

Aug 5, 2009
Origin Of Resistance said:
Wow, she's got a really nice body. *Is 17 years old*

OT: So she behaves like most teenagers, is what you're saying. So I ask you, what's the difference? At least half of my high-school were having sex regularly, so unless she gets pregnant and abuses the child she's okay compared to the rest of the world. Teens aren't going to stop having sex and saving it for marriage just because a teen starlet does. People make that decision for themselves.

What needs to happen is that we have to accept that Miley has a sex drive like every other red-blooded human on this planet. Let us attack Lil' Wayne instead; that no talent, misogynistic bastard! His songs are offensive.
__

TBH, part of the reason why I think the whole "bad role model" thing doesn't bug me is because having role-models is just stupid anyway. Even as a child, you should have an idea of right and wrong; if not, something is wrong with you. I never looked up to anyone as a role-model because I knew that no-one is worth emulating. Or, maybe that's just my inflated pride speaking.

MrSnugglesworth

Jan 15, 2009
Cakes said:
Mrsnugglesworth said:
Uh...have you, perchance, actually read that thing? I did, just to see what the craze was about. Trust me. It is as bad or worse than the hideous fad it spawned.
I did read it. It was a good book. This is my unbiased PoV. Now heres my biased PoV.

THAT SHIT MADE ME WANT TO DIE BY A MOTHERFUCKING SPOON, WHY DID SHE DO THIS TO VAMPIRES!?

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
Mrsnugglesworth said:
I did read it. It was a good book. This is my unbiased PoV.
Yeah, see, that's where you're wrong. Yeah, that's right, your opinion is wrong! The book was pretty much non-stop "holyshitedwardissogoddamnedhot". Edward is pretty much the male equivalent of a Mary Sue...there's a name for it, I think, can't remember though. Every time he enters the scene, Bella has to describe how erotic his hair/breath/face/junk/etc. is. All the characters have the depth of a cardboard cut out.

Mrsnugglesworth said:
THAT SHIT MADE ME WANT TO DIE BY A MOTHERFUCKING SPOON, WHY DID SHE DO THIS TO VAMPIRES!?
Yeah, vampires have officially been ruined forever, or at least until this horrendous fad dies down.

MrSnugglesworth

Jan 15, 2009
Cakes said:
Mrsnugglesworth said:
I did read it. It was a good book. This is my unbiased PoV.
Yeah, see, that's where you're wrong. Yeah, that's right, your opinion is wrong! The book was pretty much non-stop "holyshitedwardissogoddamnedhot". Edward is pretty much the male equivalent of a Mary Sue...there's a name for it, I think, can't remember though. Every time he enters the scene, Bella has to describe how erotic his hair/breath/face/junk/etc. is. All the characters have the depth of a cardboard cut out.

Mrsnugglesworth said:
Yeah, vampires have officially been ruined forever, or at least until this horrendous fad dies down.
I said good. Not even very good. Just good. For the audience she was aiming at, it was good.

TheLefty

May 21, 2008
FirstToStrike said:
TeragRunner said:

What? I missed that. How did she beat Beyonce for a Grammy? Wow.