How many discs has your xbox 360 ruined?

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
One, Dragon Age: Origins, but I don't blame it because my whole entertainment unit fell over.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Palademon said:
All my discs are fine. The only time I've ever even heard of it happening to people around me is when they stupidly try to move the console whilst playing a game.
"Stupidly?"

I could dropkick my Wii while it's trying to figure out what a windows 95 disc is and it wouldn't harm the disc. I know the Wii's the greatest shovelwear system ever but seriously, you 360 owners have been so thoroughly shafted on hardware. My Wii sits upright at all times and none of my games have so much as a scratch. It also doesn't have a greater than 50% fail rate and never did.

The 360's a great system if you can get one that doesn't screw you out of your money, but I wouldn't trust microsoft with an investment that big again.

Finrear

Jun 10, 2009
GrimHeaper said:
What you just said describes a fault...
And who uses Cds in there computers anymore?
I mean I don't hear the same excuses for laptops and Psps which are moved about 10,000 more times than the Xbox with discs in them.
Remember that sticker that was on the disc tray of you xbox about not moving the machine while there is a disc in it.

Psps aren't a fair comparison as they use a self contained disc more like a floppy or zip disk thatn a cd.

Laptops use those ballbearing clasp ones that hold the disc in place to stop them scratching,it's a pain in the backside to get them out though, I've nearly broken a couple that way.

DragonBorn96

Jan 17, 2011
Two, Soul Calibar 4 which was scratched with the ring on its first play and Supreme Commander, thats what I get for knocking the console over -.-

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Yeah, learned my lesson to not tilt the thing while it's on after scratching the hell out of Mass Effect... while it's still playable, I certainly can't trade it in anywhere :). Since getting my elite though, most of my discs are in near perfect condition when I trade them in.

Olorune

Jan 16, 2009
Four:
2 Battlefield: Bad Company's
2 Battlefield: Bad Company 2's

Those were arguably the worst days of my life...

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I currently have a PS3 so no discs have been ruined. A friend of mine has had something like 6 of his discs ruined. I know for sure that it scratched his Mass effect 2 disc. Much rage was had when that happened. He said that he didn't move the console when it was spinning, but from what I have heard that usually is the cause behind ruined discs, but I could be wrong.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
I guess i'm one of the lucky few that owns a properly working xbox 360. I've had zero problems with it, save for instance when the screen resolution was wrong and it was a tiny little square on screen (but it fixed itself after restarting the console).

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Ive always heard this horror stories about the 360 scrathching games to hell and back, so ive been extra careful about not letting the damn machine get jolted, tilted moved or even shaken when it has a disc in.

If anything the tales have made me more careful in the way i handle the discs, Incidentally I once broke a PS2 game because I pressed the middle plastic tab of the case instead of just taking it out from the side.

Firoth

Jul 14, 2010
One disc, my copy of Fable 2. But, it wasn't my 360's fault. My dog decided to pick up my 360 while I was in the middle of playing...I was not a happy person. It was the first game I had ever gone to a midnight release for, and it was my first limited edition game I had ever bothered to get.

lazysquirell

Jun 1, 2008
A grand total of 0 all of the discs that have become unreadable have either been poor condition pre-owned games I've bought or through my own ham-handedness. I can understand peoples frustrations but honestly if you look after your discs theres no reason they should become unplayable. If we're counting my carelessness then 3 games in total.

As for the RROD unfortunately it got mine in the end :( thought tbf it escaped the curse for 4 years before it finally gave up. It's by no means perfect but if it's taken care of properly most problems can be avoided the same with any other electronic device.