How many DS's have you ever had?

dredge

May 10, 2009
OK, so some statistics have been published by Nintendo saying that 20.5% of Japanese people own a DS. This statistic comes form dividing the number of DS's sold by the population of Japan.

Percentage of people who own a DS:
Japan - 20.5%
Europe - 9.9%
US - 9.5%

Now these statistics don't take into account the people who have purchased multiple DS's. I know I have bought 3 DS's, one original DS, and 2 DS Lites.

So how many other people have bought more than 1 DS which would skew these statistics?
What did you do with your old DS?

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
I've bought two as gifts, but never one for myself. Thinking about it if they drop below $100 though.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
I have a DSlite, it's the ony handheld I've ever bought and unless the DS's replacement offers a serious upgrade to the touch screens it's likely to be the only I ever buy.

Cylem

Feb 27, 2009
I have an original DS brick, and I love it completely. It's survived a lot of drops onto concrete. ^^;; I might get a DSi, but only if the DSware makes it worth buying, so probably not.

Iskenator67

Dec 12, 2008
My Comfy Chair
Country
United States
I'm on my 3rd. My first was a blue original. I broke it. My second was a black lite. I broke it. My third is a black lite as well. I have anger issues.

Nexus424

Master Of All That Is Frosty
Dec 26, 2008
I have a DS Lite which i am soon to trade in for a beautiful black DSi

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
Zero.

I have however played Brain Training on one. It was pink and girly.

Babyfire

Apr 3, 2009
I personally have one large old school blue DS. My dad has bought 2 DS's though, one big old school black one and the newer DS lite in Black. My sister now has his old DS. I hope to buy a DS lite after they drop to $100 or less. I need to trade my Pokemons!

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
I'm maybe getting a DS light soon(ish) but one of my friends has had 3 now, he broke two when drunk, and is now not going near it when he has even opened a beer bottle :)

dredge

May 10, 2009
Stats of the thread:
population: 17
DS's: 19
Percentage with DS's: 112%

I think that shows that Nintendo are overestimating their market penetration. It seems that a lot of people who buy a DS end up buying another, either as an upgrade or replacement to their old one.

What do you do with your old DS's???
I sold one on ebay and traded one in at CEX.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
I had 2 and gave the old one to my mum when I got a lite. I love my pink DSlite.