How many hours have you devoted to Skyrim?

deathzero021

Feb 3, 2012
I call bulls*** all over this thread. 700 hours? you got to be kidding me. That's about a full month of 24/7 gaming. longest gameplay time i've ever had in a video game is 128 hours and that was over the course of at least 4 years of playing that game occasionally.

If we were to do some math, say Skyrim is 12 months old for simplicity. That means you spent about 1/12 of your life playing this game in the time it's existed. (assuming you got it day 1) That's 8% of your year. That's pretty damn huge. You sleep about 35% of the year, probably work/school 35%, that only leaves 30% left for free time. This includes eating, hanging out with friends (if you have any) and family, playing other games, watching movies, vacations and all the other things in life such as showering and scratching your a$$.

so in reality, since you only have 30% of the year for free time, and it's 8% of your total time for Skyrim, that's almost 1/3 of your free time in the whole year. Truly fascinating if it has actually happened before!

Only games i think could get that many hours of gameplay is MMO's that people get mentally addicted to. Such as a long-running game like WoW. These people can play the game for like 10 years and those hours are going to add up.

rickthetrick

Jun 19, 2009
Honestly too many hours. I have a bit of completionist ocd when it comes to games ,so skyrim is my worst enemy.
There's nothing like putting in a crapload of hours only to get a quest that I can't complete due to any number of buggy reasons.

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
deathzero021 said:
I call bulls*** all over this thread. 700 hours? you got to be kidding me. That's about a full month of 24/7 gaming. longest gameplay time i've ever had in a video game is 128 hours and that was over the course of at least 4 years of playing that game occasionally.

If we were to do some math, say Skyrim is 12 months old for simplicity. That means you spent about 1/12 of your life playing this game in the time it's existed. (assuming you got it day 1) That's 8% of your year. That's pretty damn huge. You sleep about 35% of the year, probably work/school 35%, that only leaves 30% left for free time. This includes eating, hanging out with friends (if you have any) and family, playing other games, watching movies, vacations and all the other things in life such as showering and scratching your a$$.

so in reality, since you only have 30% of the year for free time, and it's 8% of your total time for Skyrim, that's almost 1/3 of your free time in the whole year. Truly fascinating if it has actually happened before!

Only games i think could get that many hours of gameplay is MMO's that people get mentally addicted to. Such as a long-running game like WoW. These people can play the game for like 10 years and those hours are going to add up.
For someone without a job, It really adds up. Hasn't been that hard to get up to roughly 700.

Two characters on level 81, one of which has done everything and one of which has done almost everything, one character on level 14, one on level 10, a few more too low to bother mentioning.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Steam reads 31 hours! I don't recall doing 31 hours! I've killed 2 dragons! That's it! I'm barely scratching the surface!

capper42

Nov 20, 2009
deathzero021 said:
My friend has 881 hours of Football Manager 2012 recorded on steam, and that's over 11 months. It's a very slow moving game, and he probably leaves it on while he does other things. But he plays it basically a few hours every day, whilst watching TV or something.

It's a different sort of game, but still a crazy number of hours.

700 hours in a year works out as basically 2 hours a day. That doesn't seem too ridiculous, especially when you consider that the sort of person that would still be playing Skyrim after a year spent very long periods during the first couple of weeks of release and for a bit after the DLC was released, probably at least 8 hours a day. 8 hours a day for two weeks after release, and one week after Dawnguard released = 168 hours. 700-168=532. 532/365=1.5 hours a day since then.

Not too crazy when you think about it.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
expansions? dlc? no, no i dont think so. i have a modding community that has been constantly making stuff 10 times better than any of the skyrim dlc thus far. but really that doesnt matter to me anymore either. i have about 200 hours, among several characters. i more than got my moneys worth but i cannot stomach the gameplay anymore and i cant imagine any mods or expansions making me want to ever play the game again

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
~250 hours: three characters at about 80 hours each, then a fourth with 10ish hours.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Bhaalspawn said:
Nine.

And when I look over my save file, I've done nearly everything.
I'm sorry, what?

OT: About 90, according to Steam.
I'm guessing 70 or so of that was on my first character.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
231 hours - or so says Steam. I'd say that is spread out over about three characters since release.

TheCommanders

ohmygodimonfire
Nov 30, 2011
Steam says 308 hours, but ever since I installed some script altering mods that mean I don't launch it through steam it hasn't kept track of playtime or achievements, so it's probably at least half that again.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
deathzero021 said:

I honestly don't see that as being very surprising. Unsurprisingly, a lot of people on this website spend the majority of their free time playing video games. When I was in high school and didn't go out much, I would be in school from 830-3, be home by 4, and then play video games for most of the evening. If one stays up until 12 or 1, not counting time spent eating, that's potentially 6 hours of game time five days per week. Lets double that on the weekends, and we have 54 hours logged per week.

If you look at it this way, the larger figures people are throwing out shouldn't seem that unreasonable.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
100 hours on my first char who was a Nord warrior type.
Created a mage after that and my Nord got automatically deleted, probably for bug reasons. Played for 20 hours or so then I got my platinum. Haven't started it up again since. I want to, but the fucking memory leak issues on the PS3 drives me mad.

mohit9206

Oct 13, 2012
ive logged about 12 hours into the game so far and its already getting boring. ive had the game for a week now . im playing as a female nord warrior mage combination. ive recently completed the talk to greybeards and learn new shouts quest in the main quest line while also killed kematu in the swindlers den side quest. i dont think ill be playing more than 50 hours total.
the quests are so boring and repetitive they become a chore more than being fun.
its difficult to imagine how some of you have put hundreds of hours into this game.

gamefreakbsp

Sep 27, 2009
If I remember right, around 20 hours. I really didn't get very far. Just finished talking to the guys on High Hrothgar. Did so much wandering and barely left Whiterun. Lol

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Probably a conservative 50-60 hours exploring the world, rp'ing as a warrior khajiit. I made it a point to avoid using shields or much magic. Im almost done with dawnguard.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
300, though most of those would be watching anime on my other monitor while doing crap. By crap I mean using it as a fantasy sim or grinding skills, which seems to go hand in hand. I'll just go for a walk hunting and gathering take it back to a town where I convert it all and raise my skill and get money.

Also I've played for 300 hours and have yet to figure out what to spend money on. The only thing I bought are houses, is there any other use for it?