How many pages of a thread do you read?

Schreck157

Apr 14, 2009
From a personal stand point, I only read maybe the first page of a thread just to get the gist of it. So many reply's are opinions and I just don't care what most people think. I'll read the thread's title, the main points, and the first few reply's to it. That way I can tell what people think about the subject. I'm not gonna go reading through 8 pages of material just to find out what someones favorite movie was in '09; even if it was my thread.
So, my question is this, does anyone else out there ignore most every page of a thread beyond the first?

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
All of it if it's good.

Very little if it's a bunch of self important prattle. I tend to stay out of the "tell me about something" threads.

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
Most of the time it's not worth reading 5+ pages of a thread. I just read the OP, the first page and maybe the second.

jpakaferrari

Nov 9, 2009
I'm sorry I got lost about half way through your post... :p

No in actuality, I am a scanner. That means depending on the length of the first post. I scan that. Then a look at a few on the first page. Then I flip through a few more pages. I like when people have multiple quotations from others, because that cuts down on read time. Honestly lately I've only been reading a few user generated threads. I have mostly been reading new items, especially with this weeks E3 goings-on.

AceAngel

May 12, 2010
3 pages if I want to post, 1 if it's nothing of interest to me.

2 if there is loads of flaming and see how the trolls are doing.

Blair Bennett

Jan 25, 2008
If it interests me, all of it. If not, 2-3 pages. In the event that I really couldn't care less about the subject, 1/2.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Interesting threads I read whole, if I want to quote someone I skim through all the pages quickly to see if he hasn't been overquoted yet. If it's just mostly one-liners I look through some pages for avatars from people I know to see if they have posted something readworthy.

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
Usually just the first page. If I am bored I might skim through other pages or I might read the last page and get curious about what someone said then read the whole thing. If it is some giant 12 page thread though fuggedaboutit.