How much longer do COD like games have?

89 The Mecha Dragon

Dec 7, 2011
MW3 seems to be the last bullet in the chamber for IW. Even some people who really enjoy MW are hating on it. So yeah, probably soon. Hopefully Battlefield stays a while longer. One of my favorite mutliplayer FPSs next to TF2.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Well I actually loved Battlefield...played it ever since they launched 1942 for the PC. I have had every game except 1943 on xbox soooo I think they will be around a great deal longer. The reason these games work is because they are good with multiplayer. As some one who grew up with out multiplayer access and so much lag on PC it wasn't even playable I pretty much explode with excitement every time I see a new installment. Its a good series and I hope they're here to stay for a long time.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I'm curious to see if Call of Duty will get a proper 5. It would be great to see them take on a war that isn't either A) WW2 or, B) US v USSR/Russia/The Middle East in modern times. The player-base is so very used to it though...I don't see anything like the Korean War going over too well in a VG format and Gods forbid a gun-free/ gun-light Call of Duty. Hmm...maybe the Revolutionary War would fit...you can't get more patriotic, there are firearms and, cannons too. The downfall is a lack of vehicular combat unless you add in naval warfare.

a Soviet Pie

Apr 30, 2009
Long enough to piss people off who don't like 'em and long enough to make the one's who do happy

Zeh Don

Jul 27, 2008
They will continue as long as people continue to buy them.

For how long that will continue, who can say. However, even if you don't buy them, they'll still make them. Tony Hawk peaked at the third iteration, and they made something close to 10 additional Tony Hawk titles after that high point.
So, if Call of Duty fails to top Modern Warfare 3 sales next year, then it'll have peaked. Judging from the number of iterations Tony Hawk pushed out both before and after it's peak, you'll still have close to 18 more Call of Duty titles to look forward to before they retire the brand.

And Call of Duty has in no way peaked. Not even close.
There are more morons who argue for and purchase the non-interactive roller coaster than anything else in the history of Video Games.
As far as the world is concerned, gaming is Call of Duty.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
It'll stop when they stop selling.

Considering that MW3 just outsold everything, including all previous CoD games, I wouldn't hold my breath.

WaywardHaymaker

Aug 21, 2009
The only problem I have with Call of Duty anymore is that as soon as people know I play video games, they assume I play it. Then, because I'm just that guy, I have to explain that I don't actually play it because it hasn't updated itself since 2006 and I have better things to play. Then they ask what, so I tell them about Skyrim, or Mass Effect, or Saints Row, or whatever, and then I get stuck in a long, drawn-out conversation with no point to it because I don't know how to smile and nod.

I think the best way to describe Call of Duty these days is that, individually, each game is pretty damn good. It falls apart when you see that they're all good because they're all the same game.