How much progress would a few slices of cake reverse?

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
I've been on a diet for about a year now, and, unfortunately, my mom's been feeding me cake recently. Since I'm a disgusting human being who failed her obvious test of my will (despite her saying stuff that states otherwise), I had about four, small slices of cookies and cream- styled cake. Since I haven't trained myself not to regen fat cells yet, how much progress do you doods think my gutless hedonism lost me?, think I regained something along the lines of 50 pounds?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well first thing, what is your metabolism is like as in do you put in weight easily or not?

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
Well first thing, what is your metabolism is like as in do you put in weight easily or not?
Well, let's put it this way, I ain't the kind of dood that (like several people I know) can eat an entire pizza without gaining anything. If I had a fast metabolism, I wouldn't need to worry about dieting.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I think it's going to depend on what kind of a diet you're on. If you're on a "starvation diet" then your body is going to probably pack every last calorie it can spare into fat; but if you're just eating healthily and getting exercise then I can't imagine it'll do much.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
DarklordKyo said:
I think I regained something along the lines of 50 pounds?
That's too much, and not healthy. Cut out the cake and get back on the diet. A single slice of cake every now and then(read 3-8 months) won't harm your diet in the long run, but 50lbs means you're not on a diet.
I should know. I gained 20lbs last year just on my drinking alone. So I have to cut it out and get back on the treadmill.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Silentpony said:
That's too much, and not healthy. Cut out the cake and get back on the diet. A single slice of cake every now and then(read 3-8 months) won't harm your diet in the long run, but 50lbs means you're not on a diet.
I should know. I gained 20lbs last year just on my drinking alone. So I have to cut it out and get back on the treadmill.
I didn't say I did, I was asking if it's possible I did.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Calories in = Calories out

So as long as you don't hork down an entire cake and then go buffet style, you're fine

Just be vigilant fam

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
It's not about one slip up it is about the routine, no one gets fat because they had one too many meals, they get fat because they do it continuously.
You might have had a minor setback, but it is nothing compared to what you do for the rest of your life.

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
Smooth Operator said:
It's not about one slip up it is about the routine, no one gets fat because they had one too many meals, they get fat because they do it continuously.
You might have had a minor setback, but it is nothing compared to what you do for the rest of your life.
This.

You can't gain a lot of weight just from one day of indulgence, it is about consistency. Just like how losing weight is about consistency.
DarklordKyo said:
I didn't say I did, I was asking if it's possible I did.
Hell no.

Trained yourself not to regen fat cells? This is not a thing.

The thing about diets is, they are shit. A diet implies that it is temporary. You need to make a lifestyle change. It doesn't help to cut out shit for a year, then start eating it again. You have to make the choice that this shit isn't good for you, and rarely if ever, eat it again.