How much sleep do you get?

DyqstARD

Jul 20, 2011
So i've been wondering recently how do the people of the escapist manage/fail to manage their sleeping patterns, me i'm a perfectly average 8 hours, but how about you?

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
I usually get between six and eight hours per night. However, since I have to be awake by around 4am, this means I'm going to bed when the sun is still shining through my window.

Oh well, normal enough I guess.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I have insomnia so that varies from night to night, and I'm lucky if I get 7 hours in before I have to get up. Other than that, there's not enough coffee in the world to get functioning like a normal human being.

Not enough.

Never enough.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
I have sleep problems. I often don't get to bed until around 4-5 AM, and then I'm either up at 10 AM, and I have underslept, or I get up at something like 3 PM, and half the day is already gone. It's a bit of a problem. Then I'll get into a little pattern where I sleep very well, in bed by 12, up at 9 or 10. But that pattern doesn't last too long before it's fucked again, maybe a week or two at the longest.

I assume it'll get better once I'm employed and have an actual routine requirement.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
During the summer, I go to bed at 11PM and get up at 4:30AM. Usually that's accompanied by a nap from 3:30PM to 5:00PM.

Once school starts, I'll probably neglect the nap and do a 11:30PM-6:30AM sleep schedule.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Depends on how much work I have to do. The slower parts of the semester (like right now), I should be able to average about 7-10 hours of sleep a night. During the tougher sections, I'll get maybe 5-6 at the most (i.e. before factoring in the 1-2 hour nights). When I'm not in school and don't have a job to do, then I may get about 10-12 hours. However, this is only factoring in how much time I spend in bed, as I generally lose about 30-60 minutes due to needing time to fall asleep and having my sleep interrupted, but on the 1-2 hour nights, I may only lose 3 minutes at the most.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
I used to sleep for about 4-6 hours a day. Then I started taking Melatonin, and that bumped me up to 6-8.

Now I'm jobless and looking into college. So I sleep about 12 hours a day.

Oct 10, 2011
Until recently I was getting about 8-9 hours, but then I discovered that with coffee I feel the same on 4 hours.

So with school my sleep schedule is now either 2AM-6AM or 2AM-5AM, depending if I have a zero-period class that day.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
When working with a 6am start, I still refused to go to bed any earlier than about 1. When I have no reason to get up, I make up for that, and tend to hugely over-sleep to compensate for when I under-sleep.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
That really depends.
I have a very strict internal clock that helps with early morning classes and stuff. Normally I get a decent amount of sleep.
However sometimes, like right now, I stay up really late. Which in that case I simply take power naps throughout the day to make up for it.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Anywhere from 4-10, I have no sleeping pattern. I'll go to bed anywhere from 1am-5am and wake up anywhere from 7am-2pm.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
If I go to bed at the normal time of 10pm I'll sleep 11 hours if I go to bed late say 3am I'll sleep for 15 hours :p

Drauger

Dec 22, 2011
5 Hours on week days, then Friday I sleep almost all day, and Saturday I kind of normalize it, until Monday comes again........ it's 12:26 I should go to bed.

Psychobabble

. . . . . . . .
Aug 3, 2013
blade6441 said:
So I've been wondering recently how do the people of the escapist manage/fail to manage their sleeping patterns, me I'm a perfectly average 8 hours, but how about you?
No where near. Since the late 90s I haven't had a good 8 hours sleep without interruption, unless I've been subjected to some kind of chemical intervention.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
I can get by on 4-8 hours. Funny thing is that unless I'm REAAAAAAALY tired, 8 hours is my maximum. 9 is pushing it. Any more means I fought a Lhurgoyf.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I usually get between 6 to 8 hours of sleep at night. Usually go to bed at 1 or 1:30 am and get up between around 8:00 and 10:00 am.

Actually, I don't have any problem functioning on 4 or 5 hours of sleep, but because I work out a bunch I like to give my body more rest.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Ideally, 8-10 hours.
Lately, though, it's been more akin to 6-7 hours.
I have no idea where this bout of mild insomnia came from, but it's pissing me off.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Not enough. Farmers say that ten minutes before sunrise is worth an hour after noon...farmers are stupid. I'm up about six every morning because of children. I get about seven hours on average, but it kind of depends on if I have a lot of editing/post production to do, or if I'm trying to get some gaming in after the kids have gone to bed.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I usually get between 6-8 hours a night, however I rarely reach the point of actually getting the full 8 and for the most part I get about 7 give or take 15 minutes

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Erm...haha. How much sleep I get is only half the story, really. But it really depends. Since it's summer I'll be getting 8-11 hours of sleep. But it's also about this time my cycle goes completely out of control. I'm trying really hard to fix it, seeing as I've been getting to sleep at about 6-8am recently.

Last night I tried to go to sleep at 2, got 2 hours of sleep before waking up, getting a tiny bit more and, well, here I am. I'm going to try and stay awake this whole day so I can go to bed at a reasonable time, tonight.

I've always been a bit nocturnal, though. I get it from my dad.