How often do you change your avatar?

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011
I've changed my avatar twice since joinging the Escapist. I'll probably change it again in a week or so.

V3x

Sep 15, 2010
The interval keeps increasing. Current one have lasted for 1-2 years and will probably stick with me 'til the day I die/tire of anime.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
Monthly it seems, though honestly it is a bit random for me. Sometimes I can keep one for months, sometimes I change it after a few weeks. Though I always use it at least two weeks.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
icame said:
Hello escapists! I have a simple question for you, how often do you change your avatar. It is what everyone see's when they look at your post, and at least for me, what I remember users by. (Which gets annoying when certain images get popular...)

I change mine every couple month's. I just changed it a couple days ago from an Haruko from FLCL to a My little pony gif I made.
Yay Pony Avatar! ^^

I dunno, I change when I have a reason to. I used to use one avatar pretty much exclusively, but then I changed up for March Mayhem. I switched back, only to switch again when my love of the 80s pony show finally caused me to start watching the new Pony show. And then again because I wanted an animated avatar. ^^

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
As stated in a couple other topics asking exactly this, many, many, MANY times.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
Whenever I find a better one.

I kinda wanted a change from Dale Cooper, and I found the Scott Pilgrim avatars on the official site, so I couldn't resist.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Just shy of never. That would be the answer to the question across the wider net - on this site, the answer actually is never. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
The only time I have ever changed my avatar was when I went from the still version to the Fanboy animated version.
And I will never change it again.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
Never. I haven't changed my avatar in about seven years, on any forum. Same with my username.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
I haven't changed my avatar in such a long time... I have holiday ones for this one and everything so I just stick with this. Easy to recognize and describes me well to.

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
icame said:
Hello escapists! I have a simple question for you, how often do you change your avatar. It is what everyone see's when they look at your post, and at least for me, what I remember users by. (Which gets annoying when certain images get popular...)

I change mine every couple month's. I just changed it a couple days ago from an Haruko from FLCL to a My little pony gif I made (STFU the show is funny...)
I had the same avatar for a few months until I watched episode 22 of MLP. I just melted when Fluttershy was trying to give the bird a sauna. So much d'awwwwww.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
Haven't changed mine in nearly six years (for anyone wondering, I started using it long before I ever heard of this forum, much less signed up)
There's something about the stoic impartial image of Azrael that appeals to me. I guess it reminds me of the kind of justice this world lacks.