How often do you change your avatar?

linkzeldi

Jun 30, 2010
I've come to notice lately that I change my avatar every few days. Usually every time I settle on a good avatar I find a better one. Perhaps I'm just indecisive. Well I don't usually make my own avatars, so I form no attachments to them. I'm like a magpie, I pick up whatever is shiny.

So the question is escapists, how often do you change your avatar and why?

Edit: My various avatars. . . for those who are curious

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I am not getting rid of Dr. Cox over there for a while.
It's too awesomely awesome for me to part with.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
If I had an awesome animated one, then I would. Put I rarely change since I'm always nervous about it. I've only had two avatars here and avatars are one of the best ways to remember people. So I am often worried that the very few people who notice me may forget me.

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
Haven't changed mine since I've set it. I've had the same Skype avatar for the past 4 years... And on fb, I pretty much stay on one profile pic for a few months, then decide it's time for a change, cycle through a few in about a week, then stay on it for the next few months.

I guess I'm just too lazy to be bothered. On fb, it's probably because I see my friends changing their pics.

Oh, and it's "magpie".

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Whenever I feel like it. I'd like to return to my lovely old 'LEAPFROG' avatar, but I can't due to size restrictions. Unless they change them restrictions, I'll be changing my avatar whenever I care to.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Nah. I tried before, but a lot of people stopped recognising me, so I changed it back. I do recognise people via their avatars.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
Mine has been a servbot for all of time here except for my first week where I had this.

Thanks go to Number1Zero for my current avatar.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
Haven't changed mine. Ever.

Thought I'd get a new one to celebrate my 1,000th post, but it never happened.

RyQ_TMC said:
Haven't changed mine since I've set it.
And don't you ever. That "Bouncing Tits" joke never fails to make me laugh.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
I have changed my avatar every few months. I stuck with Mega Man for about a year, then the tentacle.

I don't think I shall change Kim Pine for quite a while, thank you.

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
Seldom. I can count the times on one hand. Twice, I think.

Gone but not forgotten

EviladeBlazingDemon

Oct 17, 2008
I can change it? I don't post here often but I suppose it would make sense to have it as something to better represent my personality and taste, as much as I love Vincent Valentine(in a totally manly way).

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
My female version of Guan Yu has been there for me since the beginning of my register!

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Change?
CHANGE?

How can you improve upon perfection?

(That said, at some point I would like to touch up the pixels that got messed up during resizing. Maybe when I can be bothered.)

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Whenever I get sick of looking at it.

And changing your avatar every six months or so has the habit of gaining some fresh perspective.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
i've changed it twice depending on what i was into. when i joined i was playing Ocarina of Time (one of my all time favorite games) so my avatar was a pic of Link. after that i re-did Killer 7 so i changed my avatar to Con, my favorite character in Killer 7. after that i changed it to Kiba, may favorite character from Naruto, and it's been him ever since and i don't plan on changing it. he has become my avatar for every site i'm on