How original is your username and have you ever run across someone else who is using it?

Ymbirtt

May 3, 2009
Cavouku said:
-questionably necessary snip-
Out of interest, what does your name mean, if anything?

My name, I anglicized. It's supposed to be spelled (using my language's characters in replacement of the following) Kavokew.

Ka is a prefix for something white, "vokew" means "lion" or "big cat".

EDIT: If you google my name and a Gaia account comes up, that's my cousin. I did have a Gaia (the one in question), but then realized that I really didn't get along with most people there, and gave it to my cousin.
Basically, my name means nothing, it's just a random collection of letters that my brother produced, and which everyone IRL from then on has had a lot of fun pronouncing, so yeah, the name sort of stuck.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
I don't know. But on a scale of 1 to Original I would say my name is about a 7. Everything is taken on the Internet, so you have to, come up with different variations to your name. Like adding numbers. (that's what I did ^^)

Crispee

Nov 18, 2009
I used to call myself just Crispy on the internet, but that didn't sound unique enough so I changed the spelling to Crispee.

Yet I still see userpages on various websites with people called the same thing somehow.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Well given that it's a word/name I made out of thin air... I'd say it's pretty damn original. I'm the only fellow out there with Sovvolf as a username... though that's not always a good thing. Especially when your brother doesn't bother to sign you out of Youtube when he want's to make a derogatory comment... then that comment reflects back onto me in other websites.

8bitlove2a03

Mar 25, 2010
Years ago I used to be just 8bitlove, but I found out some other people had used the name at various times. So I put the 2a03 at the end [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricoh_2A03] to distinguish myself.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
I've never ran into another Podunk. Rarely if it's an older/more popular site or whatever I might have to be Podunk the Mighty... but that's pretty rare, and I never see the Podunk before me.

ArcWinter

May 9, 2009
Once... ArcWinter was taken on Xbox Live. I was made of fury.

But then I just became Rising Cairn, which is just as good.

But no, nowhere else.

Also, I made it up myself, then related it to Norse mythology. Reverse plagiarism!

polarizebeta

Feb 3, 2010
Well, it used to be just "Polarize," but someone took it from me back in SOCOM 2 so I had to add the "beta" part as I am the first iteration

Sizzo

Sep 28, 2009
Well, considering that I have registered "Sizzo" in a few other places and only about twice i have had to add two digits at the end, I think that mine is kinda original, I guess.
I use this name on every site I signed up for so if you see a guy named Sizzo93, Sizzo or Dr. Sizzozus, it's probably me.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
I came up with the name back in Junior high, when I thought I could write. I Haven't met anyone else with the name, but I do know that there is a Krantos on XBL because I couldn't use the name.

Oh, and by the by. I Came up with the name 2 years before God of War came out, so no it is not a rip off of Kratos.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I'm the only moron who tied Snot into Ragnarok ...or rather it's what my friends did. So no the only time someone else had it was someone trying to be funny in TF2.

=HCFS=Discoman

Jan 1, 2010
I created my username and gametag, Discoman, many years ago. I am forced to not use it when someone else has stolen it. like for a forum, some other person stole my name. then i just add on my clan tag. I despise it when people use my name-they didn't come up with it, i did!

captainaweshum

May 1, 2010
I've never seen anyone else with mine.

Awesome is misspelled on purpose, not due to necessity, it's an inside joke from my old job.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Its a common nickname, a lot things on the internet already have it. It doesn't bother me though.