How people Butcher your name

sdafdfhrye3245

Sep 30, 2008
Ok this is a simple thread I want to know how badly people have mispronounced your name online or real life.My steam name is Grimdrome yet when people say my name they will say many things, but none of them is Grimdrome. Ex: Grimedrome, Grimdome, and the most common Grimedome

EDIT: My last name is almost always mispronounced and spelt wrong but the worst I have had is being called bulldozer. (Blaszak is my last name)Seriously HOW?

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
My Mages name on WoW was called Mageto, my friends called me Mage-toe , to annoy me:p

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
My name is pretty hard to mess up. The first name is two syllable and my last name is simply two common English words mashed together into a name.

Online, I had a character named Kathbrian. Everyone pronounced the "i" like it wasn't a long "i", it wasn't meant to be that. It's supposed to be pronounced "BREE-an".

delet

Nov 2, 2008
On my xbox live name: Zehrizan.

Oh god, people have fucked that up so much I just have people call me Z, thus why the second part of my name here is a Z.

People kill it in so many ways I can't even describe, but someone once put a 'T' in there somewhere. I don't have a clue how they did it, but it was bad.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Seamus (properly pronounced: Shey-mus)
(What most people say: See-mus)

sdafdfhrye3245

Sep 30, 2008
FargoDog said:
People who insist on calling me Andy, despite my name being Andrew and never even giving the slighest hint that I've ever been called Andy.
yeah I know how you feel actually

Girl With One Eye

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Jun 2, 2010
My name is Naila, people call me Nay-la, Maila, Laila and once someone heard my name as Lexi :/

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
No one over the age of 60 seems to be able to say my name correctly.

They always call me Jole-yun. It's Julian goddamn it! (Jew-lee-an)

And people who read my first don't seem to know that the "E" at the end of a word makes a certain sound -_-

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
My name is Kailan, pronounced "Kay-Lan".

I've been pronounced Keiran and Callum. I've been spelt Kailian, Kailin, Kailen, Kaylen and Kaylan. That's just off the top of my head. It's even worse when it's obvious they spelt it wrong, like someone wrote "Dear Kailian" in a reply e-mail. My e-mail address is assigned to my full name Kailan May so it appears as the sender.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Ok.
In real life.
My last name is Chauvin.
Its pronounced Show-van.

People have pronounced it as Cha-ven, Che-von, and even Cho-vn.

As for my username, use Gigaguy64 everywhere and its not that hard to pronounce so people don't mess it up.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Chris Taylor is damn near impossible to mess up. But also the least imaginative name in the English language. (I've met two other people with the same exact first middle and last name.

sdafdfhrye3245

Sep 30, 2008
D Bones said:
My internet/xbox names are usually easy. But that's because I have a difficult last name in real life. It's been destructified coming out of people's mouthes. Teachers, friends, and secretaries cower in fear when they have to read my last name :)
I also know that too my last name has an s an z right beside each other and that seems to throw people off a lot

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
My last name trips people up really badly in spelling. The best was when my English teacher couldn't spell my last name right, but my Math teacher could...