How Successful Are Your Threads?

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
Compared to other threads in the domain you make them in, how successful are your topics? For example, if you get 50 replies on a thread in the User-Review section, you have a bestseller...Godly even.

For me, sometimes I spark a great discussion, and other times I get literally nothing back.

I don't mean to seem like a douche by asking, I'm trying not to imply that this is a popularity contest, because it isn't.

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
Hopefully this thread will give you that "Scorching Topic" badge. Most my threads have gotten was around 2000 views

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
FilipJPhry said:
Hopefully this thread will give you that "Scorching Topic" badge. Most my threads have gotten was around 2000 views
I'm not going for that at all. I have resigned from that goal, it's impossible for me.

Dec 14, 2009
A little hit and miss.

Sometimes I'll post a thread and it will be dead in the water before it can even get a page worth of responses.

I suppose it really depends on the topic.

A topic titled 'Fish & Chips!' is going to get more responses than 'Xenoblade Chronicles'.

Yosato

Apr 5, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
A little hit and miss.

Sometimes I'll post a thread and it will be dead in the water before it can even get a page worth of responses.

I suppose it really depends on the topic.

A topic titled 'Fish & Chips!' is going to get more responses than 'Xenoblade Chronicles'.
WHAT A GAME!!!

OT: Nah, mine have only ever gotten a few responses within the first hour or so then get completely forgotten about. That's why I've only ever made two.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Not at all. I don't make threads often, and when I do they go unnoticed like a single grain of sand in the Sierra.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
On more than one occasion I've gotten jack for answers.
Usually my threads aren't terribly successful but my last one was.

I reported on Mass Effect movie news in pseudo angry tone (I did want to report the news and I was a bit miffed about one aspect of the news, but my anger was purposefully overdone and not serious, I even mentioned it at the end of my initial post.)

Half the responses were people agreeing with me and half the responses were people who thought I was serious and felt the need to call me out.

It's a good lesson though, getting people angry results in thread comments.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I had a few threads that went on for a few pages. But then there were ones that didn't even get one post.

And then there was one that got over 6000 views. At the expense of me going on probation though.

It kind of helps when you have an eye catching thread title like "What is so sexually appealing about Sonic the Hedgehog?"

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
The last couple of thread i've made have gotten very few replies. Only one or two of the ones i've made have gotten over one hundred, so mine don't really do that well I guess.

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
Half of my threads don't even appear on the forum after I make them.

Its a weird bug.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
One of mine got over 10,000 views and 535 replies. I'd say they're pretty popular.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
On off topic everything moves so fast, I don't really pay attention to how long it stays on the first page and thusly within most of this site's field of vision.

I try to make my threads as best as I can and then I let them sink or swim.

In forum games however I like to think my games are moderately successful and fun.

The .50 Caliber Cow

Pokemon GO away
Mar 12, 2011
One of my threads got 10,000 views and 1000 replies. I suppose that's fairly successful for someone who doesn't really post all that much.

the spud

May 2, 2011
The most succesful thread I ever had I made when I was new here (it was about dead babies).

The concept was that you are hiding in a basement and enemy soliers are killing everyone. The only way to surviveis to kill a crying baby.

A lot of people tried to wiggle out of the question, and several others accused me of trolling, but it got nearly 200 comments, some of which were insightful.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Well, most of them get about fifty replies or so, but I have created a few that got hundreds of answers.