How tall are you?

sirkai007

Apr 20, 2009
Well my driver's license has me at 5'11" but my concealed weapons license has me at 5'10".

Booze_Hound

Aug 1, 2009
People here are really mis-informed about average heights.

6'1'' is NOT average, except in the dinaric mountains - the place with the tallest population on earth. The reason everyone here is so freakishly tall is probably because most of them are white and middle-class; both are factors that, at face-value, contribute to taller height.

Gnarynhar

Jan 9, 2010
Assassin Xaero said:
Skarovich said:
5'5"/165cm. I hope all you tall bastards hit your heads on ceiling fans! >:O I kid, I kid...
But seriously. Stop being so damned tall, Escapist. T_T
Yeah, well, you got an inch on me... 5'4 :(
What I'd give to be that tall....
I'm 5'1" and have been so for about 20 years, I'm not getting any taller. My brother's an average height, same for my parents, I ate my growth-hormone laden chicken as a kid, I drank milk. All I can say is that I got the genetic short end of the stick (no pun intended).

So as an official shortass, I accuse most of you as being freakishly tall!
(On the plus side, I am the perfect height to cosplay as Ed Elric.)

Ocelano

Apr 14, 2009
SoulIsTheGoal said:
Ocelano said:
SoulIsTheGoal said:
200cm. Curse my height (Just over 6'6")

It's annoying because my shoulders are almost the same width as a doorway. Mobility nightmare!
Oooh do you also have problem with cars? especially steering wheels and knees?
Yes, my first car was a Ford Ka (google it) and it's TINY, I had to sort of unfold out of it like origami!

Do you have the same problem?
hmm don't know ka only kia and yes I haven'tgot my licence because I didn't fit into a car so I just let my Learners expire am currently looking for one I can fit into so I can try again but so far my only option is something called a commodore executive series II

Caspertjuhh

Oct 19, 2010
T8B95 said:
caspertjuhh said:
wich countries use the foot-inch measure, actually? I never understand sizes unless they are in meter or centimeter :p

only UK use foot-inch right?
US, although in most of Canada you can get away with it.

I use both, so I'm 5'10" or 175 cm (I'm a quarter inch taller than the average height here!)
what country are you from, if you dont mind my asking?

I know that the average male height in Holland is 188cm, wich is maybe 5 foot 16 inch . (wild guess, dont know really)

Caspertjuhh

Oct 19, 2010
PrimoThePro said:
WeOwnTheSky said:
5'10 and a bit
Soooo Tiiiinny.
Still 6'0.
190cm...

but I never understood why people are considering it better to be tall as opposed to short... Only use I can see is reacher high cupboards, and outpowering your opponent in football...

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
caspertjuhh said:
T8B95 said:
caspertjuhh said:
wich countries use the foot-inch measure, actually? I never understand sizes unless they are in meter or centimeter :p

I use both, so I'm 5'10" or 175 cm (I'm a quarter inch taller than the average height here!)

I know that the average male height in Holland is 188cm, wich is maybe 5 foot 16 inch . (wild guess, dont know really)
Canada. Also a foot is only 12 inches, so 5 foot 16 inches is really 6 foot 4 inches ;)

Wait a second...the average male in Holland is 6'4"? [faints in terror]

Caspertjuhh

Oct 19, 2010
T8B95 said:
caspertjuhh said:
T8B95 said:
caspertjuhh said:

Canada. Also a foot is only 12 inches, so 5 foot 16 inches is really 6 foot 4 inches ;)

Wait a second...the average male in Holland is 6'4"? [faints in terror]
nononono... i was just guessing :p male average is about 180-190, female a bit shorter, but still a lot of women are around the 180 mark