how to be an MLG player in 5 steps.

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009
dimensione510 said:
Could use some grammatical work, but well done none the less.
And spelling. Honestly, I was horrifically tempted to red-pen the entire post. I held back though. Mostly 'cause I'm lazy.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Reuq said:
ActionDan said:
would want to be in a room full of elitist pricks?
Hahaha, welcome to the Escapist.

OT: How to be a noob.

1. Mock people that are good at the game. That is all.
There's a difference between being good at a game and simply ruining it.

It would be like playing chess and the other playing saying "You can't use a queen because they are too OP."
This.

People who are good at one facet of a game and are destroyed by another they refuse to learn to defeat are scrubs.

Reminds me strongly of the scrubs in Magic: the Gathering who cry that some common strategy is 'overpowered' or that 'aggro is for noobs.'

Real pros play at the level where everything is overpowered, and if the game breaks down at that point, then the game is not suitable for real competition, and a real pro will find a game that does.

Dec 14, 2009
DracoSuave said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Reuq said:
ActionDan said:
would want to be in a room full of elitist pricks?
Hahaha, welcome to the Escapist.

OT: How to be a noob.

1. Mock people that are good at the game. That is all.
There's a difference between being good at a game and simply ruining it.

It would be like playing chess and the other playing saying "You can't use a queen because they are too OP."
This.

People who are good at one facet of a game and are destroyed by another they refuse to learn to defeat are scrubs.

Reminds me strongly of the scrubs in Magic: the Gathering who cry that some common strategy is 'overpowered' or that 'aggro is for noobs.'

Real pros play at the level where everything is overpowered, and if the game breaks down at that point, then the game is not suitable for real competition, and a real pro will find a game that does.
Indeed, a real pro looks at all the variables and devises a strategy that would give him the advantage.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Indeed, a real pro looks at all the variables and devises a strategy that would give him the advantage.
Indeed, otherwise he never truly advances his game to a higher level.

Dec 14, 2009
DracoSuave said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Soldiers in war don't stop a battle and start screaming... "no, no, no, M16s are OP, you can't use them"...although I think that's pushing the metaphor a bit too far.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Alright, I'm gonna go ahead and be THAT guy...

Why do people complain so much about the MLG? Throughout threads (including this one), I've seen a couple of different shots taken against MLG and the players.

Shot 1: "MLG players are jerks". Where has this backlash come from? I don't think I've ever met or played against anyone who professionally plays games (kids who put MLG in their gamertag or clan tag does not make them MLG players).

Shot 2: "MLG players are wasting their lives". Why should MLG players feel worse about their profession then any other professional athlete? The elite get paid the big money for what they do (I'm referring to other sports), why should these gamers be ashamed of it? I love this double standard that us normal gamers are doing it for fun and have no shame in our hobby, but these players who get paid to do what they love should feel ashamed for it.

Shot 3: "No skill involved". If there is no skill involved, get into MLG and get paid to do something anyone can do. This is the same "I could play QB in the NFL" logic that everyone seems to believe, doubly so here since gaming seems like it should be easy.

I don't think I've ever seen a thread where the MLG was brought up and NOT bashed, so I'm just curious about all this hate.

Ridonculous_Ninja

Apr 15, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
DracoSuave said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Soldiers in war don't stop a battle and start screaming... "no, no, no, M16s are OP, you can't use them"...although I think that's pushing the metaphor a bit too far.
Terrorists! STOP CAMPING OR I'LL HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU! DON'T MAKE ME KICK YOU OUT!

Oh the fun we could have applying online gaming to real world situations...

Srkkl

Apr 1, 2009
That was hilarious, now just make a black and white vid with the same script except add some lines so that you can talk to "Johnny" or "Billy", now thats a good informational film.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
ghostshoot said:
step 1: The duds, a wise man once said you need to dress for success and that even apply's to games. but you cant dress like some noob you have to dress like a lete player, remember the essentials, glasses, hoodie, hat, and your good to go. becoming a walking bill bored for jinxx is proven to increase gameing skills by 10 percent.

step 2: get a awesome name. remember the more x's the better. and also remember your gamer tag must tell people that you are skilled at the game. such as XXmAster leteXX or XpwnageX. rember good gaming starts with a good gaming tag.

step 3: douche baggery. have you ever seen MLG players and said "jee wizz how can i be like them" well douche baggery is the answer. to become a douche bag like those guys takes years of practice but in todays modern media and commutation it has became much easier. just watch a few episodes of jersey shore and play some COD matchs and you will learn the way of the douch bag in no time

4: insult every one and any one. by pointing out others flaws it makes you seem like your so much more skilled and remember if they ever try to turn the tables on you use the patented 1v1 challenge. you just have to challenge to to 1v1 and make them seem like total pussies if they dont. your over confidence will make you seem more skilled and like you have a idea what your doing.

5: skill, Who needs it! with these other for tips you be just like any other MLG player! skill is for those who lack confidence and cool duds! also dont forget to act like a douch and soon you to will be an MLG player!
They made a funny vid about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuRu_4qptDs

(I know how to embed but I'm to lazy)

Lord Thodin

Jul 1, 2009
l00k hur nubs of the unwashed masses. Us l337 few have found solace in kicking your ass so just deal with it.....and i like my Jinx hoodie.

No but honestly I hate MLG fags.....sept for Hutch....

l33tabix

Mar 16, 2008
I've never had an MLG player beat me, what a load of pretentious assholes, and it's always on games anyone can be good at, like Halo, anyone can win a match on that game, it's based entirely around running to the most powerful weapon first.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
Why does everyone hate MLG players so much?
They are even bigger douchebags then everybody else that plays Halo 3. If you play in the MLG playlists, and don't play amazingly, you'll be berated by everyone because they are 'professionals'.

Dec 14, 2009
Ridonculous_Ninja said:
Daystar Clarion said:
DracoSuave said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Terrorists! STOP CAMPING OR I'LL HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU! DON'T MAKE ME KICK YOU OUT!

Oh the fun we could have applying online gaming to real world situations...
Lol, that could actually be alot of fun.

"Noooooo! Stupid terrorists! Martyrdom is not allowed!!!1111oneoneone"

Undercover

Jul 19, 2009
dimensione510 said:
Could use some grammatical work, but well done none the less.
Something tells me our new friend's first language might not be english, but yep you're right ;)