How to Build the Most Intense Big Daddy Costume Ever

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Armored Prayer said:
Good Gravy...

This guy should receive some kind of award.
How about an Olympic medal for Endurance? I've have lost patience at 3 weeks.

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
"We are not worthy! We are not worthy!"
Seriously, that's 12 kegs of pure liquid awesome right there.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I'm betting the Gravity Gun or a working PipBoy is next from this guy. I was looking through the materials, feeling disappointed he wasn't using actual metal for the helmet and drill, but in afterthought that might be a tad bit more difficult to move in. Just a tad.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Aardvark said:
He should've put more frame into the limbs to at least give the illusion that the form underneath was that of a hulking behemoth.

Still, awesome effort.
Well, for it to be safe and stable even with falls, he would have had to use steel or possibly aluminum struts, and considering the weight of steel and the general... softness of aluminum, it's almost superfluous.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
But... But i want Rosie model! Bouncer looks pretty stupid,and i could have a fuckmothering rivet gun!

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
I am curious why he didn't install some PC fans into the suit? It's common practice in mascots these days to help keep the wearer from...you know...dying.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
The first thing I thought when I saw the title of this was "I wonder if it's the same guy who made that really high-quality portal gun". As if I had to ask. Utterly unbelievable.

CuddlyCombine

Sep 12, 2007
JimmyBassatti said:
Yeah, he's one person. All the other Big Daddies fill the suit. I'd rather have seen one that looked like a regular Big Daddy. And, if we decide to go into canon, It couldn't have been Jack, as he does not get to use the drill bit arm. But, then again, he does use a Rosie version (Or so we assume; 2k could have just used a Rosie helmet model you have to collect. We'll never really know.)
The costume isn't done yet. He plans to fill it out and make it look bulkier, like a normal BD.

theultimateend said:
I am curious why he didn't install some PC fans into the suit? It's common practice in mascots these days to help keep the wearer from...you know...dying.
He did, they're in the back. A PC fan is meant to cool a few square centimetres of hardware, not a 5 foot 3 human being (for the record, he installed 6, but that's still paltry).

This is truly impressive, though. I love it.

Woem

May 28, 2009
BobisOnlyBob said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Aardvark said:
He should've put more frame into the limbs to at least give the illusion that the form underneath was that of a hulking behemoth.

Still, awesome effort.
So true. When I think of Big Daddy, I think of huge ************. The limbs were too wrinkly, and didn't appear to be fully filled.
Y'know, the main character of Bioshock was a pretty scrawny guy.

He ends up wearing one of these.

It would've looked... exactly like that.
True. And at least he thought about the extended arm, that gives him all the credit he deserves.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
If I had enough money so I never had to work again I'd so spend my time making working (or semi-working) replicas from games. Bioshock would be my first batch.

Clashero said:
There is only one way to top the awesome that exudes from every porthole of that Big Daddy suit: MAKE A BIG SISTER
A Big Sister one would actually be easier. She is thinner, so it could fit better, that would look truly awesome if someone made one capable of running in.
Kollega said:
But... But i want Rosie model! Bouncer looks pretty stupid,and i could have a fuckmothering rivet gun!
Bouncer looks better with a drill arm. Otherwise the proportions seem wrong.

CakeDragon

Mar 10, 2009
This guy is amazing, I've been mooching round his blog site and his stuff is amazing. It's good to see costumes made by their owners rather than people who buy them and get them made for them.

Darenus

Apr 10, 2008
.....okay, this is just plain epic nonsense :p

I want this guy to receive a medal for this much passion into his his work

yeah_so_no

Sep 11, 2008
The thought of wearing that in Atlanta heat makes me cry for him.

And that thing is amazing. Wow.