How to: Creating a website

Siyano

May 9, 2020
Country
Canada
Hello, I have a good idea of a website I would like to create, a database with [insert idea here] let say similar to a IMDB, and I want to add user to be able to propose entry to the database (which could be that the entry is "waiting for approval" kind of way), and have ability of listing such entries with just the typical search and column sorting.
The thing is Im not sure where to start, I know I can use template to make a canvas, but not sure how to insert the database and also the potential adding to it.
Thank !

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
You may want to move this question to the Tech forum.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
You may want to move this question to the Tech forum.
Unless they actually want people to see it. It's probably fine where it is.

Really what they should do is ask the question on Stack Exchange or somewhere else focused on web design rather than a gaming forum with almost no traffic.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011

Really what they should do is ask the question on Stack Exchange or somewhere else focused on web design rather than a gaming forum with almost no traffic.
Or literally just ask Google and get much more results overall

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA

Hey! I love our tech forum! Good place in particular to follow news regarding PC graphic cards.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Hey! I love our tech forum! Good place in particular to follow news regarding PC graphic cards.
There's like, 5 threads that have been posted in during the last month. I just don't see the point of all these different subforums subdividing the conversation. Just makes it less likely that someone is going to see and post in a thread when they need to check 5 different subforums that have a couple posts a month. It should be OT, GD, and CE in my opinion, but that's a horse I've been beating for a long time.

Reactions: gorfias
K

ko11b

I'm a certified web des.

If your trying create db you should probably do mysql usually it's simple install you can edit things to your liking later adding code