How to follow up Mass Effect 3's Ending with a Real One (spoilers included)

VerverkS

Aug 7, 2011
You make an excellent point, and unfortunately I only realized that after I had published this. Here's how I'd factor that in. The Illusive Man is on the Citadel. The way I'd see it, since the place is swarming with Reapers when you land into it, perhaps the Illusive Man is attempting to take control of them so he can secure the Catalyst, and he's succeeded, which is why they're fighting each other. This might seem a little Gears...ish but the idea that Shepard's appearance would have all of them converge on you would just make the gameplay more interesting. And I would allow Paragon Shepard to let him go and banish him forever...or Renegade Shepard to execute him where he stands. My guess would be that a lot of people would be more tempted to take the renegade option, but hey, it works.

TheOneBearded

Oct 31, 2011
The_Blue_Rider said:
Well it is, I cant tell you what you've done wrong but it is entirely possible to get 5000 war assets without the multiplayer, heck im only up to Citadel Priority 2 and im nearing 3000 war assets.
Maybe it has something to do with choices you made in the previous games? Are you scanning planets to find war assets? Are you searching for things during missions that will contribute to your EMS? Resolving arguments on the Citadel?
I've done EVERYTHING fine regarding the choices from ME and ME2! I looked over every planet for assets. I have resolved every problem on the damn Citadel. I have picked the choices that would give you the most war assets. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
The_Blue_Rider said:
TheOneBearded said:
My problem is with the "having a full 5000 EMS" (which can only happen if you play the multiplayer). Personally, I don't care about multiplayer, so I don't pay for gold membership and I know of many people who don't have internet access on their 360. Can't I have the maximum amount of EMS (around 3000, I think) from playing the single-player only and still get the best ending? My renegade Shepard doesn't take no for an answer.
Why does everyone seem to think that? You dont need the multiplayer to get 5000 EMS, i got it on my first playthrough and i hadnt even touched the multiplayer at that point, hell you can even get every achievement without the multiplayer, because some give you an option (eg Reach level 60 in the single player, or level 20 in the Multiplayer).

I think that sounds really good and all, but it sort of makes it so there is one true ending, make it so that no matter what, Shepard gets up, just that depending on what you chose there is a dire consequence, like i dunno, Garrus dies for Control, Wrex dies for Synthesis, and Liara dies for destroy, make it an impossible decision
Even if you can't get 5000 EMS in the first playthrough without multiplayer, doesn't your TMS transfer over to your next playthrough if you import a ME3 character?

Rhedd

Apr 16, 2011
I just don't see Bioware releasing a dlc that does nothing but change the ending. It would be admitting they were wrong and had released an unfinished product. It might be true, but it's just not going to happen: it's bad from a business and artistic point of view.

But what if dlc were released which adds missions to the 2nd act of the game, the completion of which has repercussions that affect the games ending?

Take the planned Omega dlc. What if you retake Omega only to find that cerberus were using it to build a super weapon which you could use to tip the balance in the final conflict. Or perhaps Harbinger turns up to stop you and you detonate Omega taking him out with the explosion. Not having Harbringer during the final dash would enable Shepard and team to reach the citadel unharmed: giving new ending possibilities whilst keeping the old endings for those that liked them. That's just a quick senario from the top of my head, but there are possibilities.

VerverkS

Aug 7, 2011
Zetatrain said:
The_Blue_Rider said:
TheOneBearded said:
My problem is with the "having a full 5000 EMS" (which can only happen if you play the multiplayer). Personally, I don't care about multiplayer, so I don't pay for gold membership and I know of many people who don't have internet access on their 360. Can't I have the maximum amount of EMS (around 3000, I think) from playing the single-player only and still get the best ending? My renegade Shepard doesn't take no for an answer.
Why does everyone seem to think that? You dont need the multiplayer to get 5000 EMS, i got it on my first playthrough and i hadnt even touched the multiplayer at that point, hell you can even get every achievement without the multiplayer, because some give you an option (eg Reach level 60 in the single player, or level 20 in the Multiplayer).

I think that sounds really good and all, but it sort of makes it so there is one true ending, make it so that no matter what, Shepard gets up, just that depending on what you chose there is a dire consequence, like i dunno, Garrus dies for Control, Wrex dies for Synthesis, and Liara dies for destroy, make it an impossible decision
Even if you can't get 5000 EMS in the first playthrough without multiplayer, doesn't your TMS transfer over to your next playthrough if you import a ME3 character?

No it doesn't. You keep your weapons and obviously your powers. But for war assets, you start from scratch.

ralfy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 21, 2008
Good save, i.e., at least the war assets and other C&C will still be considered given a renegade choice, but this should also mean many more missions from the renegade choice onward. That will make the C&Cs throughout the game worthwhile, but it will also mean a significant addition to the current game.

I am not sure, though, if players will be happy with this unless the DLC is given for free. It'd be great if the company does, though, as that will restore a lot of good will from fans, and probably even allow them to earn from future expansions of the franchise because of such.