How to get out of the "Friend Zone"?

PrivatePuFF

Feb 2, 2009
Hello.

I know this post is maybe out of place, since this is a gaming forum. But I am kind of a lurker and I really like this Community and think you guys and gals can help me :D

The problem is that I have fallen for my best girl friend and I am in love with her. But I don't know if she is interested in me. She send me mixed signals all the time. Some examples is: Our teacher told the girls "that if you are going to get a boyfriend the guy need to be good at writhing poems." And she told me that the next boyfriend she is having have to be good at writhing poems, so I have to learn you to write good poems.

But then she also says stuff like she don't want a new boyfriend that is in the same class (I am in the same class as her) And she always tells me about the new crushes she is having and guys she like. And she tells me that I am her best friend.

And now the 31th she invited me to her birthday and we are going to watch a movie just us 2 I think. And I want to kiss her or tell her how I feel but I don't want to ruin our friendship.

So fellow Escapist's can you help me? :D

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
Not another relationship thread...

We're a bunch of crazy social rejects; why else do you think we're on this site in the first place (hehehe...)?

Do whatever you think is right.

Ammadessi

Oct 6, 2009
Short answer, you don't.

Long answer: If she sees you as a friend it's not likely that she's going to see you as anything more, ever. Unless she gives you some more obvious signals, I wouldn't kiss her or make any other drastic moves or you're in danger of ruining your friendship all together.

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
Me thinks your screwed.. and not in the good way.. But I would attempt to screw her anyway.(in the good way)

PrivatePuFF

Feb 2, 2009
Squid94 said:

We're a bunch of crazy social rejects; why else do you think we're on this site in the first place (hehehe...)?

Hahaha I know. But I like you guys xD

If I knew what I thought was right I would not be posting here :p But thanks anyway :D

TheGreatCoolEnergy

Aug 30, 2009
Squid94 said:

My thoughts exactly; If I had a girlfriend, I wouldn't be wasting away here now would I?

OT: Look if you like her, go for it. When the time is right. Can't stress that point enough

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
As humorous and biterlly true all these things are, dont use the L word. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT SAY LOVE! that word near a girl whos not your girlfriend yet) will freak them out and send them into all systems overdrive and ruin your friendship. Say subtly that woudlnt it be nice if you could be more than friends, slip your arm around her while watching the movie DONT kiss her spontainiously, this will cause he panic sequence i mentioned earlier. I managed to escape this phase by doing this. DONT SAY LOVE AND DONT SPONTAINIOUSLY KISS. Make it subtle and slow and she wont freak and run as fast as she can in the oposite direction.

Iron Criterion

Feb 4, 2009
PrivatePuFF said:
Hello.

I know this post is maybe out of place, since this is a gaming forum. But I am kind of a lurker and I really like this Community and think you guys and gals can help me :D

The problem is that I have fallen for my best girl friend and I am in love with her. But I don't know if she is interested in me. She send me mixed signals all the time. Some examples is: Our teacher told the girls "that if you are going to get a boyfriend the guy need to be good at writhing poems." And she told me that the next boyfriend she is having have to be good at writhing poems, so I have to learn you to write good poems.

But then she also says stuff like she don't want a new boyfriend that is in the same class (I am in the same class as her) And she always tells me about the new crushes she is having and guys she like. And she tells me that I am her best friend.

And now the 31th she invited me to her birthday and we are going to watch a movie just us 2 I think. And I want to kiss her or tell her how I feel but I don't want to ruin our friendship.

So fellow Escapist's can you help me? :D
You don't, instead you have to listen to her relationship highs and lows pretending to care while inside you become twisted and filled with enmity so you end up on here berating others just to feel better. Or maybe thats just me...

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
PrivatePuFF said:
Squid94 said:

If I knew what I thought was right I would not be posting here :p But thanks anyway :D
Oh, so you want my real advice? (jk)

I suggest you warm to her to begin with. Let off a few signals. If she doesn't back away, then continue. If she's comfortable with that, go for it.

Iron Criterion

Feb 4, 2009
Squid94 said:
PrivatePuFF said:
Squid94 said:

Oh, so you want my real advice? (jk)

I suggest you warm to her to begin with. Let off a few signals. If she doesn't back away, then continue. If she's comfortable with that, go for it.
Don't give the guy false hope...

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
Honesty is the best policy.

Look, the only way you can ever get past this is tell her. If she rejects you, you work on getting over her and just put the whole thing behind you. If not, then I wish you the best of luck.

If you don't tell her, what'll probably happen is you'll wonder what'll happen if you got together, the time'll come where you're not friends and you'll end up regretting not telling her. I've done that so many times - Where you're interested in someone and you don't tell them, then your situation (or theirs) changes and you never got a chance.

Make the most of your limited, pointless time on Earth. You'll learn from it either way, and we're all behind you.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Can people PLEASE STOP ASKING US?

Most of us are witty, sure, but that dosen't mean we all "chase tail" or whatever the hell you young'uns whoop and wail.

(I'm 16, yet I have grown no younger than 50 since birth)