How to Talk About Games #1

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
How to Talk About Games #1

A gentleman's guide to discussing the games o' video.

Read Full Article

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Not only are you completely correct, I like the sneak punch you took at Gearbox. Seriously, every time I hear they are making something new, I cringe...

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
Last panel reminds me of Mecha-Hitler from "Nazis at the Center of the Earth." If any of you have also actually seen that movie, let's share in our pain. To everyone else, STAY AWAY (unless you drink the tears of dead babies).

Amaury_games

Oct 13, 2010
I think I LOLed more than I should have at the fucked up Hitler at the end. XD He's so funny!
Also, gotta love this line: "Those are valid OPINIONS, but they are not ARGUMENTS" - That's a very nice way of conveying what you mean! Nice!

KOMega

Aug 30, 2010
I don't know....
Cross-eyed zombie pirate cyborg extendo-arm pistol-hand Hitler does sound crazy enough to work.

spwatkins

Nov 11, 2009
TiberiusEsuriens said:
Last panel reminds me of Mecha-Hitler from "Nazis at the Center of the Earth." If any of you have also actually seen that movie, let's share in our pain. To everyone else, STAY AWAY (unless you drink the tears of dead babies).
Thanks for the reminder! I just started reflexively trying to claw my eyeballs out again! (and I just got the bandages off from the last time)

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
How to make an opinion into an argument; Add 'because' to a statement that carries an opinion. As seen in 'Valve is good, because..', and follow it up with a reason that is generally accepted to be something positive. There, it's an argument. Not always a good argument, but it still is.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
KOMega said:
I don't know....
Cross-eyed zombie pirate cyborg extendo-arm pistol-hand Hitler does sound crazy enough to work.
Hitler back from the grave, with a hatred for the purely organic. It could work.

Why would you bite into a cupcake covered in glass shards and pubes? Unless you were into that sort of thing...

TheSYLOH

Feb 5, 2010
spwatkins said:
TiberiusEsuriens said:
Thanks for the reminder! I just started reflexively trying to claw my eyeballs out again! (and I just got the bandages off from the last time)
Was it significantly worse than Nazis on the moon?
Iron Sky was one of the most ENJOYABLY BAD movies ever.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Thanks for this bit. It'll fit nicely into quite a few of the gaming threads we get here.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I posted on Twitter after the Dragon's Crown review blow-up that the "middle ground" seems to be gamer culture's Atlantis. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has noticed this.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
That's sheer fantasy.

1) No way that Valve would send you anything other then a hat.
2) There was no teasing of a third cupcake

Although I do like the fact that Erin could see the glass shards and still bit into it
It was from Valve...she HAD to bite into it, even if it looked like a crapcake.

OT: I have no idea how it happened...but I ended up getting into not one but TWO conversations about Mass Effect 3 yesterday...think I must have slipped into a time nexus and fell backwards for about a year and a half. Anyways, those I was discussing the game with would do well to read this strip. Not because I want to change their minds about the game, but just for their own sanity. They're pretty much a fusion of the "Good Game" and "Bad Game" gamers: "CURSE THIS SHITTIEST OF GAMES! I WILL MURDER ANYONE WHO ENJOYED THIS!!!"

Gasbandit

Jun 14, 2012
Bindal said:
Deathfish15 said:
What has Valve made that's full of pubes and broken shards of glass?
Personally, I would say "Left 4 Dead 2"...
Whaaaaa? 2 was a technical improvement on 1 in almost every field. Yeah, I prefer the L4D1 characters, too, but come on, that doesn't make the whole game suck.

Robyrt

Aug 1, 2008
Sure, but this is pretty reductive. It's like saying, "All stories are either about leaving town, or a stranger coming to town." True as far as it goes, but doesn't do much for you.